test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ablative Hazard Shielding...

toddjohnson100toddjohnson100 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
Ablative Hazard Shielding sounds like a really good deal, especially for someone like me who usually plays P vs E. Does anyone have those equipped right now that could give me the low down on how well they work and any issues they might have?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    They work pretty well as a save from respawn queue durability/heal. As for downsides, using it at the right time: If you press it too early you get the over-shield, but the heal after it expires won't do much. Not terrible, unless you just got into a heavy fire-fight, just a bit better to wait until you've lost a fair bit of health points to leverage the heal. The only other issue I can think of is that there are technically three of this console, for the KDF and Fed versions that only affects which console(s) it has a set bonus with, but the Morrigu's one can only be used on Warbirds, and has a different set bonus (I quite like the two-set of the Warbird one, which is a nice reduction in power drain for weapons.)
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    It's a very nice survival console that's in a similar league with the Kobali console and the Dorito console. not as potent of a heal but can pull you out of the fire. I use it on my tanks quite often. What exactly are you looking to do if I may ask? I don't mind giving an opinion on certain consoles, but we can give you more tailored advice depending on what you're looking for
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    ucgsquawk#5883 ucgsquawk Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    I like it and tend to put it on all of my ships somewhere as it's a great survival console.
    I play on Xbox though and we can set it to auto activate in the right conditions so it might be a bit easier for us. The set is also top notch imho.
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,788 Arc User
    I prefer Secondary Shield Projector.

It has the added benefit of applying to the whole team. If you care about your team mates in a pug and you're far away (like in Borg Disconnected), it can be a nice thing to have to help others survive.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    toddjohnson100toddjohnson100 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    I was just looking for something to "pull me out of the fire" as you say Darkblade. It sounds like this might be a good one. Also I heard about the hull image refractor and that also seems to have great potential. Thanks everyone !!
This discussion has been closed.