test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What are the wierd little things around this guys ship?

lame22334lame22334 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
Anyone have an idea?wierd.png
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I do believe that's the trails of the pets.

But I'm not 100% sure.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    I would like to aplaud that player's choice in ship name. Must be a fan of Wing Commander, as the Tiger's Claw was the name of the carrier from the first game.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • edrickvellorinedrickvellorin Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    They are canon too, from Discovery S2. Here's a picture from Memory Alpha:
    https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/memoryalpha/images/1/14/Tactical_flyer.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20190421012150&path-prefix=en

Edit: Couldn't get the image to show up inline.
    Yea... it seems the forums don't like images from wiki sites. Been running into that quite a bit myself.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I would like to aplaud that player's choice in ship name. Must be a fan of Wing Commander, as the Tiger's Claw was the name of the carrier from the first game.

I always enjoyed Wing Commander. :)
    0zxlclk.png
    strathkin wrote: »

I admit my first entry to Wing Commander was Armada. Then I got physical copies of 3 and 4. Now I got all of them digital via GOG. Wing Commander was probably the only competition for the popular X-Wing games for a long time for Space Combat Sim.
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    strathkin wrote: »

I admit my first entry to Wing Commander was Armada. Then I got physical copies of 3 and 4. Now I got all of them digital via GOG. Wing Commander was probably the only competition for the popular X-Wing games for a long time for Space Combat Sim.
    I'd say the Descent/Freespace games were pretty good as well. The Freespace series did such a good job of conveying "scale" between tiny fighters and massive capital ships.

Yea... it seems the forums don't like images from wiki sites. Been running into that quite a bit myself.
    This is mostly due to a large push to a .webp image format by most wikis which is unrecognized by most parsing systems still. Can't tell you how tired I am of having to go through and manually convert images back into .jpg just so they're useable with the majority of the internet's infrastructure..
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    szerontzur wrote: »
    I'd say the Descent/Freespace games were pretty good as well. The Freespace series did such a good job of conveying "scale" between tiny fighters and massive capital ships.

Decent/Freespace... that brings back some memories. They used to be a lot of fun :smile:
This discussion has been closed.