test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Custom colours still don't work with the Risian Corvette

uchihadrewlpuchihadrewlp Member Posts: 2 Arc User
This has been a long standing issue that I hoped would be fixed by now. I returned to the game hoping the many patches that have come since would fix it, but I've long since lost the custom colours on my Risian Corvette.
Going into the ship customisation does nothing, and I've tried the usual suggestions of hitting 'random' and selecting different options. I'm also not using any vanity shields that over-write anything.
The only time you can see the custom colours is in the start menu, but nowhere else.
I'm enclosing examples in the following imgur link so that you can see for yourselves: https://imgur.com/a/473Pcj0

Is there any way to fix this or am I just stuck with this bland grey forever?
Check out my STO series on Youtube! w00t!
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkgF1wrhnNwfrEW__aEMT7Djanwa5M5at

Comments

• Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    Since the ship appears 'customised' on the login screen, it suggests that you have a shield equipped with a visual associated to it.

You say you're not using any vanity shields, but the main ship shield you have equipped could be providing it's own visual to your ship.

Press "U" to open the character & ship interface and right-click your equipped shield on the ship to "Disable Visuals".
    IRMOeTE.jpg
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    uchihadrewlpuchihadrewlp Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Since the ship appears 'customised' on the login screen, it suggests that you have a shield equipped with a visual associated to it.

You say you're not using any vanity shields, but the main ship shield you have equipped could be providing it's own visual to your ship.

Press "U" to open the character & ship interface and right-click your equipped shield on the ship to "Disable Visuals".
    IRMOeTE.jpg

You are a damned hero. That was it! I had no idea that that was a thing that could happen. (So poorly documented features, lol)

Thank you so much! You have saved the USS Party Boat. Her crew and I are eternally grateful.

Thanks again.
    Check out my STO series on Youtube! w00t!
    youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkgF1wrhnNwfrEW__aEMT7Djanwa5M5at