test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

AOE SPAM builds are out of control.

2»

Comments

• therealblackkaostherealblackkaos Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    I like playing with those that have the high DPS builds. If you’re grinding for marks anf have to rerun certain tf’s it gets boring fast. So if I (or someone else) have a build(s) that speed it up, what’s the inherent problem? The bigger issue is that accumulating stuff like marks/dil/ec requires too much time that isn’t profitable solo yet the team based missions aren’t designed for the range of players/builds.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2021
    The problem I see here is that the complainers are conflating several different things. The existence of AOE attacks is one thing, and the overwhelming, epilepsy-inducing pixel vomit resulting from those AOE attacks is a different issue. We could have the attacks without the out-of-control visuals, if Cryptic gave us a little credit for some level of maturity.

And megawell builds are not the same as clicky-console spam. I use megawells, yes, but I go far out of my way to avoid the blinding, screen-obscuring effects of clicky consoles. Indeed, I have posted about this many times.

Yes I also agree with you, and seems we share a similar philosophy.

I mean they'd be good if they just made many Console abilities 40-60% more transparent so they'd be seen, yet not overwhelm like Blinded by the Light, and several other examples is just way too much! Though there are a few limited Space or Ground Skills that can also go overboard, yet there more the exception than the rule.

9AgZCbz.png
    ╘ remember guys, this is key. :)
    0zxlclk.png
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,016 Community Moderator
    I'm starting to think this thread has run its course.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I'm starting to think this thread has run its course.

It’s pretty much a typical rant thread where the OP abandons ship because no one agrees with them. I don’t think anyone would blame you if you considered this one a done deal.

Insert witty signature line here.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,016 Community Moderator
    Ok guys... Imma close this one down. Its run its course. Thank you all for being civil.

*turns off the lights*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.