test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Anyone experiencing the game resource hogging your machine in certain areas like DS9

ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
Been on DS9 and the map is freezing, lagging, rubberbanding and intermittantly turns into a slide show. I've also been having similar issues in the Voth Battles both Space and Ground. Only noticed since Friday the 16th as for the previous 2-3 weeks I've not visited them.

Finding my Disk in task manager is spiking to 100%

Was just standing idle in DS9 decided to just run around the promenade keeping an eye on task manager with a reduced game window and saw my Disk gradually go 0 upto 100% and obviously my game slowed and lagged like hell.

Sector space travelling from DS9 to Dilitihum Mine only saw the Disk peak at 6%

I beamed out of DS9 and went into sector space and travelled across to the Mine and Disk only peaked at 6%. Memory is at 68% and CPU jumping between 6-14% depending on if I'm moving whilst in sector space

DS9 CPU is spiking between 40 and 45% and Memory went up to 85% running around the map.
https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    Yea some of said turning off Lighting 2.0 since 5/25 also helps reduce crashes they see, though I never did that, what I did do was turn Dynamic Lighting OFF and it may help too.

It's mostly odd those that see a crash say it often occurs on Ground or in Space and not often doing very much. Like perhaps at ESD to check out Exchange, or something else mostly standing still, or slowly walking...

I've posted that so hopefully it tweaks DEVs memory's about what changes around 5/25 they may have made that could be triggering it.
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    same problem only at DS9. I just avoid this area, now.
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    I get a bit of a slow down in DS9 but nothing game breaking or even really that bad, probably wouldn't have noticed it if I wasn't looking for it (I got lighting 2.0 on). I wonder if there's something to with what hardware a person is using (I'm on PC but my rig isn't so great) or possibly region, back when I played WoW I noticed that if my connection was bad (during Cata my network as rather unstable so I could get up to 6000-7000 ms ping) it looked like my PC was struggling even though I had more then enough power to run WoW.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    All those NPC's in DS9 don't help, either.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    I was having a similar issue on Risa a few days ago - thought I'd have to put off running the daily floater run there. Then my roommate logged in on his system, and had no problems. So I grabbed the old laptop, and everything was smooth. I had to reboot my desktop to get back in on this system.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    I haven't really had a problem with DS9 myself honestly. Only recently have I had a problem with Risa, and its directional. Tried to bring it up just before Risa but no one really noticed or just thought it might have been a one off.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    I only notice the game stuttering when I bring up the zen store page when in game no matter where I am. That began only back in April/May I think. Luckily I don't play the game with that tab brought up.
This discussion has been closed.