test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maximum Ship & Dry Dock Slots

hightower#2475 hightower Member Posts: 40 Arc User
I’m sure it’s been discussed plenty of times before but, although I’ll never get close, a quick glance at the maximum number of ship and dry dock slots you may have compared to the number of ships there are in the game are far more, why wouldn’t you have/allow enough combined ship and dry dock slots for every ship in the game? Wouldn’t it be a prudent business decision to allow this considering it costs Zen?

Anyway just an idea 🙂
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
Tagged:

Comments

• tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    If the combination of maximum ship slots and Dry Dock really is lower than the total they might raise up at least the Dry Dock counts if pressed. When first released, the Dry Dock slot maximum was higher than the entirety of all ships in game by itself, with a decent margin on top of that. I think it came up briefly during a Livestream recently, and Kael said they might look into it.
    westmetals wrote: »
    I’m sure it’s been discussed plenty of times before but, although I’ll never get close, a quick glance at the maximum number of ship and dry dock slots you may have compared to the number of ships there are in the game are far more, why wouldn’t you have/allow enough combined ship and dry dock slots for every ship in the game? Wouldn’t it be a prudent business decision to allow this considering it costs Zen?

Anyway just an idea 🙂

Database space.

Also... Zen-purchased and event-reward ships are account unlocks and can be reclaimed at any time, so there is no reason to store them. Most players have no need to keep more than maybe three or four ships that are in this category (and even that is kinda stretching it) in their inventory.

Once you realize that, the need for extra slots is not as drastic as it may, at first, appear. Because the only ships you actually need slots for (beyond maybe half of the free slots)... are ships that aren't reclaimable.

Of course, for a whale-targeted game, those tiny number of people that do potentially have issue with running out via non-reclaimable expensive ships are rather important to the monetization of the game.
  • hightower#2475 hightower Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    I brought this up now because we can use cross faction ships, which pretty much doubles the amount of ships you can obtain but you can’t increase the amount of ship or dry dock slots you can have.
This discussion has been closed.