test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Event crossover proposal

nacito#6758 nacito Member Posts: 8 Arc User
Someone close to me has given me an idea about a new kind of event where it would benefit not just people who play a lot of star trek but also people who play the other 2 cryptic games, neverwinter and champions
We have some leveling events, at least in champions and star trek in the form of recruiting events. So what if we have one of these leveling events where we get different kinds of rewards, not just for the game we're leveling, but also for the other 2, it would make me want to try neverwinter myself lol
Imagine leveling a char in champions up to 40 and get a ships as a reward in star trek, or... whatever is highly wanted in neverwinter
or whatever other rewards you guys might give us on the other games whenever we complete a recruitment character in star trek.
possibilities are there, I'm sure you guys have the the tech to give rewards across games, all you guys need is to put up with rewards for us to achieve.​​
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
Tagged:

Comments

• spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User
    The problem with those IIRC Cryptic doesn't own any of those IPs so they'd have to get the IP owners to agree to any crossover ideas.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    Cryptic only doesn't own the D&D IP - they absolutely do own the Champions IP. After they got TRIBBLE over by Marvel back when CO was supposed to be a Marvel game, they went and bought the full rights to Champions from...whoever owned it before them, then licensed out the rights for the tabletop portion back to the company they bought it from.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Some would probably like this, I personlly wouldn't care. The only reason I play this game is because now it's a habbit that I have had since 2014. For any other game, if I see the Cryptic name, I won’t touch it.

I am a huge D&D fan, I play table top with a group every Sunday and I wont touch Neverwinter with a 10 foot pole. Not as long as I see that Cryptic logo on it.. one badly run game is my limit, thanks.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,497 Arc User
    Cryptic only doesn't own the D&D IP - they absolutely do own the Champions IP. After they got TRIBBLE over by Marvel back when CO was supposed to be a Marvel game, they went and bought the full rights to Champions from...whoever owned it before them, then licensed out the rights for the tabletop portion back to the company they bought it from.​​

That would be Hero Games most likely.

As for actually doing crossovers, Cryptic shutting down cross-game chat gives the impression that they are moving away from anything like that rather than towards crossovers or even a "game family" approach.
This discussion has been closed.