test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Which are the sexiest (or dirtiest) Risian swimsuits?

2»

Comments

• kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    And I'm not asking for the female characters to be able to go topless, although I doubt Toons have nipples, but it would be fun for the male characters to be able to wear a one-piece themselves.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,498 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Well, I picked up the Retro Swimsuit on my Discovery Klingon Recruit. All the pieces are there except the top. It doesn't s how up under any category.

The bottom of the "retro" is there, it just cannot be seen under the other bottoms since it is apparently not on the pants/skirt layer. You can see a sliver of it peaking up over the waistband of some of the "lower" selections.
  • zzzspina01zzzspina01 Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    I would just like a Borat - Mankini option
    I cant brain I have the dumb
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    kayajay wrote: »
    I still just wish the swimsuits could be worn off Risa. My Cardassian looks terrific in the BDSM-type one piece and when you think that Orion Slave Girls can wear loincloths and skimpy bras anywhere, I don't see the harm. From the Winter Event, you can wear the jackets and coats anywhere, so would it be so terrible to wear a swimsuit?

It's because all the prudes would complain, despite it not being NSFW, women tend to go out in public in a bakinis despite it being a waterproof version of their undergarments, as long as the goods aren't showing then it's not NSFW, sure certain clothing can be considered NSFW like bunny outfits, skintight catsuits or french maids due to being tied to fetishes, but bakinis aren't since people wear them in public because human society allows it, however you don't to listen to society's rules, just wear whatever you want, if losers complain, TRIBBLE em, they're not your parents, it's your life and not theirs, so you're free to do wantever you want.
  • faelon#8433 faelon Member Posts: 358 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »

And yet the swimsuits are restricted to *on* Risa *during* the summer event, while Orions can wear their skimpier uniforms all the time and everywhere...

This is not entirely true. Some pieces of Swimsuits do in fact work outside of Risa.
    51310914505_8ce74507c9_z.jpg
    Yeah, they do.

Whilst I am well aware that this particular pic was taken on Risa, the outfit (char on the left) can very much be worn anywhere else:
    0Kb2x0S.jpg
    (Again, the one on the left, wearing the Crisscross Halter top and Tholian silk long-skirt bottom)

The two Halter tops, the Criss Cross and Sling, and the Mini T are considered acceptable casual dress. Which makes sense. Just as the TOS Mirror top makes a perfectly acceptable Sports Bra type top. The Retro swimsuit is a straight up TOS on screen outfit. So CBS likely didn't have an issue there. Really the only female 2 piece that cannot be used is the String Bikini. I'm assuming CBS wanted Cryptic to maintain a certain amount of theming in the normal social areas. Although I do kind of wish they all worked on Nimbus and the Winter Holiday zone. I mean why wouldn't an Andoian wear a Bikini to Q's Winter Wonderland?
    edited July 2021

And yet the swimsuits are restricted to *on* Risa *during* the summer event, while Orions can wear their skimpier uniforms all the time and everywhere...

This is not entirely true. Some pieces of Swimsuits do in fact work outside of Risa.
    Yeah, they do.

Whilst I am well aware that this particular pic was taken on Risa, the outfit (char on the left) can very much be worn anywhere else:
    0Kb2x0S.jpg
    (Again, the one on the left, wearing the Crisscross Halter top and Tholian silk long-skirt bottom)

The two Halter tops, the Criss Cross and Sling, and the Mini T are considered acceptable casual dress. Which makes sense. Just as the TOS Mirror top makes a perfectly acceptable Sports Bra type top. The Retro swimsuit is a straight up TOS on screen outfit. So CBS likely didn't have an issue there. Really the only female 2 piece that cannot be used is the String Bikini. I'm assuming CBS wanted Cryptic to maintain a certain amount of theming in the normal social areas. Although I do kind of wish they all worked on Nimbus and the Winter Holiday zone. I mean why wouldn't an Andoian wear a Bikini to Q's Winter Wonderland?

Exactly Andorians are used to the cold weather, unlike me, I hate the cold and I'm Canadian, what I wouldn't give to spend my Christmas on a warm topical beach for once.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Well, I picked up the Retro Swimsuit on my Discovery Klingon Recruit. All the pieces are there except the top. It doesn't s how up under any category.

The bottom of the "retro" is there, it just cannot be seen under the other bottoms since it is apparently not on the pants/skirt layer. You can see a sliver of it peaking up over the waistband of some of the "lower" selections.

No problem with the bottom. The top is not listed under any Category.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited July 2021

No problem with the bottom. The top is not listed under any Category.

Off Duty -> Off Duty-Bare Chest -> Upper = Swimsuit Top Retro
    51315551435_6eb1418c18_z.jpg

It is not available under any Category. I noticed in the Bug Section of these Forums that someone else has reported the same issue on their Discovery Era Klingon.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User

Yeah, they do.

0Kb2x0S.jpg

Exactly Andorians are used to the cold weather, unlike me, I hate the cold and I'm Canadian, what I wouldn't give to spend my Christmas on a warm topical beach for once.

used sure to but according to ENT they still wear heavy(ish) clothing while outside in Andoria not something that would considered warm weather clothing to humans (also supported by the fact they can function in human standard environments without getting a heatstroke)
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    the monokini is pretty sexy for not showing that much skin

mono-front.jpg
    mono-1.jpg
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
    It is not available under any Category. I noticed in the Bug Section of these Forums that someone else has reported the same issue on their Discovery Era Klingon.
    Hmmm? Are you on Console or PC? And is it in some way restricted by Race/Faction? There is some weird things with the tailor that I wish they would straighten out at some point. For example I have 2 Fed Aligned Rommies. One Rom, One RomBorg. The Rom can use all Fed Uniforms and clothing elements. The RomBorg can't use the Fed stuff.

• annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    I'm SO glad they finally let roms use fed uniforms I HATE the padded shoulders of the rom uniforms
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I still just wish the swimsuits could be worn off Risa. My Cardassian looks terrific in the BDSM-type one piece and when you think that Orion Slave Girls can wear loincloths and skimpy bras anywhere, I don't see the harm. From the Winter Event, you can wear the jackets and coats anywhere, so would it be so terrible to wear a swimsuit?

A few months ago, my wife started playing BDO and the cash store has over 14 pairs of women's underwear and only 3 pair of men's... Pearl Abyss knows their customers all too well. Now here is the real kicker, you cannot wear only underwear out in public. You can only get nearly nude inside your house. That is 14 x $7.50, for just the one character. Do you know anyone who would shell out $105 to run around a house virtually naked? I wish I did, I have lots of swamp land and bridges to sell them.

A few months ago, my wife started playing BDO and the cash store has over 14 pairs of women's underwear and only 3 pair of men's... Pearl Abyss knows their customers all too well. Now here is the real kicker, you cannot wear only underwear out in public. You can only get nearly nude inside your house. That is 14 x $7.50, for just the one character. Do you know anyone who would shell out $105 to run around a house virtually naked? I wish I did, I have lots of swamp land and bridges to sell them.

If I was rich I'd pay for that, usually I stick to male characters, I was never part of the butt staring crowd anyways, their lame excuses for playing a female aka not wanting to stare at a male butt which comes off as Sus and little LGBT oriented even if they claim that they're not, we all know they're in denial about it, plus I'm more into cleavage anyways, however you never know if the other player is a Girl or a G.I.R.L. (Guy In Real Life).
  • hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 10 Arc User

If I was rich I'd pay for that, usually I stick to male characters, I was never part of the butt staring crowd anyways, their lame excuses for playing a female aka not wanting to stare at a male butt which comes off as Sus and little LGBT oriented even if they claim that they're not, we all know they're in denial about it, plus I'm more into cleavage anyways, however you never know if the other player is a Girl or a G.I.R.L. (Guy In Real Life).

During the renaissance period artists had to paint nudes in the guise of religion (The Creation of Adam 1511) or mythology (The Birth of Venus 1485). Nudes often where women, in some cases there was both male and female nudes. Many artists of that era is suspect of just cranking out homo-erotica in the fact they were much better at sculpting males than female anatomy. My wife has always played a mix bag of gender in games, but in BDO many classes are gender locked.

AFAIK the male to female ratio on most online MMOs is 55% male to 45% female. But it is best to ignore what everyone tells you. Assume they are all a man named Bob who is 36 years old and lives in his mother's basement. Bob likes to collect Star Trek and My Little Pony figurines when he is not busy impersonating everyone in online games.

Enjoy the game Bob!
    Hmmm? Are you on Console or PC? And is it in some way restricted by Race/Faction? There is some weird things with the tailor that I wish they would straighten out at some point. For example I have 2 Fed Aligned Rommies. One Rom, One RomBorg. The Rom can use all Fed Uniforms and clothing elements. The RomBorg can't use the Fed stuff.

PC. My other regular Klingons have no problem with that.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    A biggest annoyance of mine is that when you leave Risa after having been in your swimming cozzie, one of your other costumes automatically gets applied and it's never the one I want to be wearing. I prefer my off-duty style, which you can't have your primary and original costume be, so then I have to visit another tailor.

If Risa forces me to change out of my speedo, then I at least would appreciate being changed back into the costume I last changed out of.
  • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    Inappropriate Objectionable Material redacted - rattler
    Post edited by rattler2 on
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    A biggest annoyance of mine is that when you leave Risa after having been in your swimming cozzie, one of your other costumes automatically gets applied and it's never the one I want to be wearing. I prefer my off-duty style, which you can't have your primary and original costume be, so then I have to visit another tailor.

If Risa forces me to change out of my speedo, then I at least would appreciate being changed back into the costume I last changed out of.

Doesn't it default to your first costume slot? I'd swear that's what it does... /hmm

Also, if you're on PC, you can switch costumes on the fly by right clicking your character's portrait* while in a ground map. No need to go to tailors to switch your costume. No idea about console.

* at least I think that's it. It's such muscle-memory/habit at this point, that I'm having a hard time remembering the actual command. I just do it. :#
  • horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    > @paradox#7391 said:
    > If I was rich I'd pay for that, usually I stick to male characters, I was never part of the butt staring crowd anyways, their lame excuses for playing a female aka not wanting to stare at a male butt which comes off as Sus and little LGBT oriented even if they claim that they're not, we all know they're in denial about it, plus I'm more into cleavage anyways, however you never know if the other player is a Girl or a G.I.R.L. (Guy In Real Life).

Sometimes I'm a woman? On the weird days I'm not even human. Here I was thinking I was a man sitting in front of a computer screen playing an MMO about Star Trek. Whatever your theories are on other people you got a lot of toys of your own that need packing. If you have hang ups about mantrapping yourself trying to initiate "non prudish sexy time" with G.I.R.Ls in a 12+ MMO you should concern yourself more with the player's age than their gender, and your own life choices. Most people wear swimsuits IRL because they intend to go swimming.
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User

During the renaissance period artists had to paint nudes in the guise of religion (The Creation of Adam 1511) or mythology (The Birth of Venus 1485). Nudes often where women, in some cases there was both male and female nudes. Many artists of that era is suspect of just cranking out homo-erotica in the fact they were much better at sculpting males than female anatomy. My wife has always played a mix bag of gender in games, but in BDO many classes are gender locked.

AFAIK the male to female ratio on most online MMOs is 55% male to 45% female. But it is best to ignore what everyone tells you. Assume they are all a man named Bob who is 36 years old and lives in his mother's basement. Bob likes to collect Star Trek and My Little Pony figurines when he is not busy impersonating everyone in online games.

Enjoy the game Bob!

It's not Bob. It's Chuck, and he lives in Detroit!
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
    > @paradox#7391 said:
    > If I was rich I'd pay for that, usually I stick to male characters, I was never part of the butt staring crowd anyways, their lame excuses for playing a female aka not wanting to stare at a male butt which comes off as Sus and little LGBT oriented even if they claim that they're not, we all know they're in denial about it, plus I'm more into cleavage anyways, however you never know if the other player is a Girl or a G.I.R.L. (Guy In Real Life).

Sometimes I'm a woman? On the weird days I'm not even human. Here I was thinking I was a man sitting in front of a computer screen playing an MMO about Star Trek. Whatever your theories are on other people you got a lot of toys of your own that need packing. If you have hang ups about mantrapping yourself trying to initiate "non prudish sexy time" with G.I.R.Ls in a 12+ MMO you should concern yourself more with the player's age than their gender, and your own life choices. Most people wear swimsuits IRL because they intend to go swimming.

Sure age and consent is important, but I always keep the mature stuff away from the prying eyes of other players, so it's not really a problem and besides I'm not looking for a relationship in video game if that's what you're thinking, like I said before you don't know who's on the other end.
    Bathing suits are basically water proof underwear, speedos are like briefs and bikinis are like lingerie, it's not like you're flashing anyone so there's no need to be ashamed.
This discussion has been closed.