test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pavyl does not spawn for one of my captains on Risa

darthnovawavedarthnovawave Member Posts: 17 Arc User
I've reported this annually, but I have a captain (Vonius@darthnovawave) for which Pavyl does not spawn anywhere or at any time on the map. This has been an issue for this captain since the introduction of Lighting 2.0 to the game. Would greatly appreciate a fix or workaround for this finally!

Comments

• acker#7170 acker Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Check his hiding spots. Whenever he doesn't show for me, it's because I already started the mission and didn't know it.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,435 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    Acker, that will not work. Pre-Lighting 2.0 during the day in Risa, Pavyl is supposed to be on the beach. Since Lighting 2.0 came to pass, one of my characters a Delta Recruit cannot see him on the beach during the day or night. Pre-L 2.0 during the night in Risa, Pavyl is supposed to be in one of his hiding spots and therefore was not on the beach during that time. Whether it is day or night (since it does not matter the time now due to Lighting 2.0), Pavyl does not show up for that character and everyone else can see him and interact with him if they are a new player to STO or were not playing Pavyl's Hide and Seek game when Lighting 2.0 was in play and did not finish. As for this bug, I am going to test on my Delta Recruit tonight to see if I can see Pavyl on the beach during the day or night.
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
    edited July 2021
    Doesn't take long to check the 4 spots. If i don't see him on the beach, he's at one of the hiding spots. The mission never expires or resets and doesn't appear in mission tracker.
  • mrelf000mrelf000 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Nope, I have the same problem with my main and it doesn't matter if its day or night, Pavyl doesn't show up anywhere. I've completed the quest on other alts so it's not like I don't know what I'm doing or where he spawns. I only have the first part done "Catch Me If Toucan" but I don't have the next mission in Available or In Progress. IIRC it was a bug when they put in Lighting 2.0 and removed the day/night cycle. If you were on the "Seek" part of the quest lines, you could no longer see Pavyl and thus no longer complete the Master Relaxer accolade.

While testing this on my alts, it seems like the day/night cycle doesn't matter anymore as I've seen Pavyl on the beach with the torch/bonfire both lit and unlit as well as his other spots. And I know he also shows up at night because there are no NPCs on the beach chairs behind him. Last year I also went side by side with a streamer on the same instance thru the entire thing and didn't see him once.

It's not us... its a bugged quest.
    edited July 2021
    Still a good tip for new players who don't see Pavyl in-front of the resort. The Pavyl missions don't appear in tracker nor in available tab. We can search accolades to find out where to look next. Look for the Q on the minimap.

Catch Me If Toucan -> Rope bridge cave
    Ducks of Hazzard -> Arch north of Promenade
    Gorilla in Sixty Seconds -> Tower north of Sovak's camp
    The Frog and the Furious -> Cave south of Sovak's camp
    Post edited by acker#7170 on
    edited July 2021
    Let me tell you what I see when I look in the Accolades tab under the tab Exploration Accolades. First of all, the accolade Catch Me If Toucan which I completed before Lighting 2.0, appears under the Completed filter. Under the in-progress filter in that same section where Catch Me If Toucan is, I should have the Ducks of Hazzard, Gorilla in Sixty Seconds, and The Frog and the Furious in there since I did not complete them before Lighting 2.0 arrived. Except they are not there. This is a bug and due to it I cannot complete the Master Relaxer accolade. This is totally connected to the switch from Lighting 1.0 to Lighting 2.0 and it needs to be fixed for the character Chad Turner @sthe91. If they need to reset that character and others that have this problem, so be it. But currently that character is in limbo when it comes to that quest.
    Post edited by sthe91 on
  • aftulusaftulus Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    This does not provide a workaround to the solution. Has anyone found a way around this. I'm suspecting some code related to pavyl is active making him invisible because it is not night time. I'm assuming it's because the 2.0 lighting was implemented while pavyl's quest was active and he was in a location under the old code and he's tagged as invisible waiting for night time to occur and become visible.

Is there any way they can check this and change his tag or whatever it is to visible. Is there something on the user end we can change to do this?

Also, there is no Q on the mini map with this bug. He's completely invisible like he used to be during the day. He's permanently stuck in night time mode under the old code by the looks of it.
  • saelkarsaelkar Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I have the same issue with an older (non-delta recruit) toon that had started the Pavyl hide-and-seek before the change of day/night cycles on Risa. I tried all the other tips mentioned already but cannot find Pavyl anywhere at anytime, or any instance.

I completed the first part before Lighting 2.0 changes and have the 'Catch Me If Touchan' accolade under 'Completed', but I don't have the other three listed under 'In Progress.' It seems I am stuck at the same part as some others.

I have visited all the Pavyl locations with fleet members on the same map who can see and interact with him, but he remains invisible to me. Tested this at each of the Pavyl locations with the same result. I have been able to complete it on other toons.

I hope a solution or workaround is found soonish.
  • bayonette80bayonette80 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I have the same problem with just 1 of my (many many) characters (Bayonet@Bayonette). I have reported this issue multiple times and have never been provided with a resolution or workaround. Even most-recently I was directed to this thread as though it would provide a workaround which it does NOT. I'm not asking support to fix something that is only broken for a small percentage of characters - I'm simply asking that my accolade be updated to reflect completion.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2022
    Yea this issue started around 2016 or so during Lighting 2.0 changes, and bugs out for those who started Payvl's missions prior to that. Those who did or started the quest afterwards seem mostly unaffected.

I tried tagging our CM in this thread below last year, also showed screenshots as it effects my MAIN character as well.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/comment/13610929

Yet it's a well know issue by those who have the issue. It began with those who started doing his game (Pavyl's) with his 4 hiding spots prior to the Lighting 2.0 changes, somehow despite not finishing all the locations he's not available, or in any of the 4 hiding spots either.
    I have the same problem with just 1 of my (many many) characters (Bayonet@Bayonette). I have reported this issue multiple times and have never been provided with a resolution or workaround. Even most-recently I was directed to this thread as though it would provide a workaround which it does NOT. I'm not asking support to fix something that is only broken for a small percentage of characters - I'm simply asking that my accolade be updated to reflect completion.

Note: Here what I have & don't have on my MAIN.
    Catch Me If Toucan -> Rope bridge cave --DONE
    Ducks of Hazzard -> Arch north of Promenade --not done, and no where to be found above, or below arch.
    Gorilla in Sixty Seconds -> Tower north of Sovak's camp --is given when you finish earlier one, yet can't.

Here's some others showing the thread, wish they'd FIX for this year 2022 perhaps!

As your aware there likely a lot of these types of posts the last few years...

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/comment/13678407

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1242176/pavyls-game

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/comment/13225923

I guess it's never been a priority to fix? :'(
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • chrian#9670 chrian Member Posts: 622 Cryptic Developer

I just imported this character internally and you already have the master relaxer accolade and the 4 Pavyl accolades done already

From what I was told each time you find Pavyl you have to go back to his spot on the beach and talk to him.

If that does not work please list the character@handle, which steps you've done already and make sure your on risa.
    edited July 2021
    I provided my character name to you via PM. My toon doesn't have the 2 of the accolades for Pavyl's game, and has also done everything for Master Relaxer except the final accolades from the hunts to earn it.

He's my only Fed ENG, his face is the same as in my signature.
    0zxlclk.png
    edited April 2022
    Here also a picture showing I haven't completed ducks of hazard, yet he's not where he should be. It is the first arch, and I've even checked all 3.

8qsoZju.png

Maybe this get fixed for 2022.
    @chrian#9670
    @ambassadorkael#6946

PS: Mailed Chrian my character@alias so he could validate and reproduce the issue, seen above that many have. So hopefully they can resolve any character who stuck at one of the four hiding spots!
    0zxlclk.png
  • chrian#9670 chrian Member Posts: 622 Cryptic Developer
    Did you talk to Pavyl after each hide and seek completion?
    edited April 2022
    Did you talk to Pavyl after each hide and seek completion?

Yes I've checked before for him many times, and he's never been there as noted in another thread (above) I did last year:

Pavyl is however now (today) at the beach.

Previously for years I could see the Catch Me If Toucan -> Rope bridge cave was DONE yet I could only find Ducks of Hazzard -> for the Arch north of Promenade accolade wasn't done, yet he wasn't there under the Arch, or at the beach previously. I also confirmed that two days ago when I left the screen shot above, but didn't warrant a screenshot as he just wasn't there as I shown in 2021, or another thread in 2020.

But now I see this:
    QqXaGvw.png

The last two I need are:
    Gorilla in Sixty Seconds -> Tower north of Sovak's camp
    The Frog and the Furious -> Cave south of Sovak's camp! I did see Pavyl had the

I haven't been able to progress my MAIN since 2016-2017 (why I mailed you to copy my MAIN to test) to find a FIX for others stuck in a Limbo state.

c7QJFV2.png

I also see him at the Arch sitting where he should be. I'm also now able to progress for the 3rd accolade Hunt, on the top high tower above Sovak's camp.

QMg5iGq.png

&

Y89a8Lz.png

I won't post the forth as I'll assume it should work, like the 3rd as it should have before it got stuck.

Hopefully this helps give a clue, to help resolve others whom might be in a stuck state.

So Thank You!
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
    edited July 2022
    During this year's summer event I was finally able to complete the Master Relaxer accolade on Chad Turner since I can now interact with Pavyl and finish his game. I am glad it is over! Phew! Thanks again to Cryptic and @chrian#9670.
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    Thanks QA and Christian! You have thankless jobs, but you deserve praise. I wish the people in the “how to talk to cryptic,” arguing about “years-long bugs,” would come witness an old bug that was squelched here today. Thanks again—and thanks for the new palmtrees. They look great although I feel that their curvy trunks are hard to run through and easy to get stuck on. I am not sure though….maybe I just forgot how to run.