test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Which are the sexiest (or dirtiest) Risian swimsuits?

kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
There are right-click previews of just flat pictures I know, but it's so frustrating not to really know what you're buying with the Risian beachwear. In the tailor, you can preview costumes and then decide if you want to buy them, but has anyone done a fashion parade of the costumes to see what the toons actually look like wearing them? Buying or grinding to afford these things is fine, (although is it just me, or have lohlunat favors gone up drastically on the exchange?) but I just wish it was possible to preview things more.

Would my Klingon look good in a speedo? Would my Roxanne Biggs-Dawson homage look good in a bikini? Is there a popular choice, an opinion, or some way of knowing before I buy?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    kayajay wrote: »
    (although is it just me, or have lohlunat favors gone up drastically on the exchange?)

No... its pretty normal for the price to spike at the start of the seasonal events. Demand is up, and supply takes time to catch up as people want the shiny sooner, and will be more likely to start selling favors after they get what they want.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    They made lolhat favors account bound last year, if I remember right, but I think the old pre-existing ones can still be traded, so that is why they are far more expensive.

I'd try youtube for an overview of the swimsuits, but they are all largely conservative, as far as swimsuits go. Orion uniforms can be more risque.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    Last year 2-3 weeks before the Risa event I got some for about 13-14m, and this year there about the same price for a full stack.

They will go down a bit in price as the event carries on however...
    0zxlclk.png
  • baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    They made lolhat favors account bound last year, if I remember right, but I think the old pre-existing ones can still be traded, so that is why they are far more expensive.

I'd try youtube for an overview of the swimsuits, but they are all largely conservative, as far as swimsuits go. Orion uniforms can be more risque.

No lohlunat favors haven't been account bound at all as far as I can remember. They did change Omega particles from the anniversary event to be bound to account.

• foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    baucoin wrote: »

No lohlunat favors haven't been account bound at all as far as I can remember. They did change Omega particles from the anniversary event to be bound to account.

Yeah I looked at mine and they weren't bound, so I'm wrong on this. The Omega particle change must be what I was remembering.
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    I've got most of them. the plain old string bikini is what i prefer
    bikini.jpg
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    Yeah, seems to me that the string bikini shows the most skin. I have that one on most of mine, or I'll put the wetsuit or one of the one-pieces. It really depends on what the toon tells me they want.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    String bikini is a classic, yeah. The retro has potential.

(Of note are the criss-cross, sling halter, and mini-T... because those tops end up in Off Duty, so you can use them in other outfits. At least they did in the past, I'll have to double check that it hasn't changed.)
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    kiralyn wrote: »
    String bikini is a classic, yeah. The retro has potential.

(Of note are the criss-cross, sling halter, and mini-T... because those tops end up in Off Duty, so you can use them in other outfits. At least they did in the past, I'll have to double check that it hasn't changed.)

The Retro also turns up in both beachwear and off-duty so it makes a good top elsewhere (the bottoms are covered by whatever pants or skirt you wear in the off-duty version).
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User
    The dirtiest ones are definitely Retro and String Bikini, you can take it it up to an 11 by making swim suits match your toon's skin tone so they look naked.
    The dirtiest ones are definitely Retro and String Bikini, you can take it it up to an 11 by making swim suits match your toon's skin tone so they look naked.

There is a rule against matching skin tone somewhere, though I forget exactly where at the moment.

The Retro actually covers more skin area than some of the other suits, and it has a strong metallic sheen that would not match skin tone no matter how close the tint is. For example I have a character with very light gray skin and the silver Retro suit and they do not blend into each other at all so I did not change the base color of the suit the way I thought I might have had to.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    The dirtiest one is definitely one worn by a Caitian.

They might think they're very clean, but think of all the hair coming off when they're licking themselves clean.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.

They might think they're very clean, but think of all the hair coming off when they're licking themselves clean.

Klingons might have them beat, I heard that they smell bad and I'm guessing that bathing is dishonorable within their society.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User

Klingons might have them beat, I heard that they smell bad and I'm guessing that bathing is dishonorable within their society.

Tal Shiar-like typing detected. Do you live in a mountain base on New Romulus? ;)
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User

The one-shoulder one piece suit can be made to look a lot more interesting (while still looking like a swimsuit) if you match the second color to the skin tone - it ends up looking a lot more cut-out.

Doesn't work on a Trill, though, because of the spot patterns.
  • velvetsanityvelvetsanity Member Posts: 36 Arc User

And yet the swimsuits are restricted to *on* Risa *during* the summer event, while Orions can wear their skimpier uniforms all the time and everywhere...
    edited July 2021

And yet the swimsuits are restricted to *on* Risa *during* the summer event, while Orions can wear their skimpier uniforms all the time and everywhere...

As kiralyn mentioned earlier, some of them are useable as tops in the "off duty" catagory, though the bottoms are covered by the normal off duty stuff since there is no way to turn off the pants, skirts, and whatever layer in that tab (I don't know if any of the beachwear shorts are usable elsewhere though so they might be).
    Difference being Orions canonically wear those kind of outfits in their normal day to day life. Whereas the people of the Federation, Romulan Republic, and Klingon Empire, don't commonly walk around in swimsuits just for giggles.

Kael even referenced the swimsuit thing in one of the last two Ten Forward Weekly livestreams. Swimsuits are restricted to Risa as part of an IP thing, same reason why its unlikely we will get a Badgey combat pet who walks around **** talking and punching people. While Bagdey is canon, Star Trek isn't an IP where that sort of thing really happens. So its unlikely we will se it happen in-game.

I wish Klingons walked around shirtless more, you barely see the so called "chest ridges" in the shows, as for Badgey I agree on not making him a combat pet, Holograms like him do have a history of becoming sentient and/or dangerously violent.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    Difference being Orions canonically wear those kind of outfits in their normal day to day life. Whereas the people of the Federation, Romulan Republic, and Klingon Empire, don't commonly walk around in swimsuits just for giggles.

Kael even referenced the swimsuit thing in one of the last two Ten Forward Weekly livestreams. Swimsuits are restricted to Risa as part of an IP thing, same reason why its unlikely we will get a Badgey combat pet who walks around **** talking and punching people. While Bagdey is canon, Star Trek isn't an IP where that sort of thing really happens. So its unlikely we will se it happen in-game.

I wish Klingons walked around shirtless more, you barely see the so called "chest ridges" in the shows, as for Badgey I agree on not making him a combat pet, Holograms like him do have a history of becoming sentient and/or dangerously violent.

Don't we got exactly 3 examples of sentient and sapient holograms in canon, Badgey, the Doctor and that Moriarty Hologram from TNG (at least ones we saw for long enough to say anything about them) of those only Badgey was dangerous by itself, with the Doctor being pretty much totally non-violent and Moriarty dangerous only because of his ruthlessness in achieving his goal and once he got that goal (or thought he got it) he was of no risk.
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User

The Kahn top and also in speedo let you see it. And with my Cardassian, you see ridges on her t**s and down the front of her legs.
  • faelon#8433 faelon Member Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    kayajay wrote: »
    There are right-click previews of just flat pictures I know, but it's so frustrating not to really know what you're buying with the Risian beachwear. In the tailor, you can preview costumes and then decide if you want to buy them, but has anyone done a fashion parade of the costumes to see what the toons actually look like wearing them? Buying or grinding to afford these things is fine, (although is it just me, or have lohlunat favors gone up drastically on the exchange?) but I just wish it was possible to preview things more.

Would my Klingon look good in a speedo? Would my Roxanne Biggs-Dawson homage look good in a bikini? Is there a popular choice, an opinion, or some way of knowing before I buy?
    Sexiest/Dirtiest is Subjective. But here are a few tips.

1. A few of the Female 2 piece Swimsuits are also useable as "Off Duty" gear. At least the Tops are. The Mini-T, Criss Cross Halter, Retro and Sling Halter Tops all work as Off Duty Wear. So may be combined with other gear for some interesting casual or post apocalyptic looks, that can be worn in normal Social Hubs and Mission Maps. They show up under "Off Duty - Bare Chest" The Aloha Shirts and the various Board Shorts also can also be used for Off Duty Male or Female, But only the Closed Shirt versions.
    2. As for Dirtiest? The Tie Waist and the Monokini are probably the easiest to color match part or all to most skin tones to create that bare assed or naked effect.

• qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    > @spiritborn said:
    > Don't we got exactly 3 examples of sentient and sapient holograms in canon, Badgey, the Doctor and that Moriarty Hologram from TNG (at least ones we saw for long enough to say anything about them) of those only Badgey was dangerous by itself, with the Doctor being pretty much totally non-violent and Moriarty dangerous only because of his ruthlessness in achieving his goal and once he got that goal (or thought he got it) he was of no risk.

Probably more than three. Vic Fontaine and Minuet are arguably two other examples. Those weren’t the murdering type but just about all the murdering holograms like Dejaren probably would count too. Dangerous AI or AI-rights are bread-and-butter themes in Star Trek—and the writers hit that well a lot.

This is not entirely true. Some pieces of Swimsuits do in fact work outside of Risa.
    51310914505_8ce74507c9_z.jpg

spiritborn wrote: »

Don't we got exactly 3 examples of sentient and sapient holograms in canon, Badgey, the Doctor and that Moriarty Hologram from TNG (at least ones we saw for long enough to say anything about them) of those only Badgey was dangerous by itself, with the Doctor being pretty much totally non-violent and Moriarty dangerous only because of his ruthlessness in achieving his goal and once he got that goal (or thought he got it) he was of no risk.

Minuet, Vic Fontaine and the Andy TRIBBLE EMH MK II would probably be on the list. Especially Vic who both knew he was a hologram and was a regular recurring character. Grandpa Rurigan's Village including his Grandaughter Taya from the DS9 Episode "Shadowplay", in which the Holograms were not simply sentient, but were living out normal lives and even having children. And then there is Janeway's Holo Novel Village of Fair Haven, in which the Villager's became self aware enough to realize that Janeway and crew were evil Super Beings who only entered their world to TRIBBLE with them in horrible ways. Which probably makes them more self aware and sentient than Chakotay or Harry Kim. Who never quite figured out that Janeway was an evil super being who lived to TRIBBLE with them in horrible ways. (Just picture Janeway doing James Earl Jones' speech regarding the answer to the Riddle of Steel from Conan the Barbarian. Suddenly Voyager makes a lot more sense.)

spiritborn wrote: »

Well, there are a LOT of sentient holograms in Star Trek. Obviously the Doctor and Vic, Moriarty and Stephanie Beecham, all of the Hirogen escapees, Andy TRIBBLE and probably the later models too, all of Rios', Marlena was a puppet so not her, Janeway's hunky Irish bit of stuff, Seska...the list goes on and I'd love a holographic revolt. It would be a great excuse to bring Bob Picardo back.
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    don't forget the ORIGINAL sentient hologram, Landru. I'd use the off duty ones except the boffs can't wear off duty. Wish they could.. would be awesome to have the Beach Boys in aloha shirts and board shorts on the away team
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    Well, I picked up the Retro Swimsuit on my Discovery Klingon Recruit. All the pieces are there except the top. It doesn't show up under any category.
    Post edited by ltminns on
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    I still just wish the swimsuits could be worn off Risa. My Cardassian looks terrific in the BDSM-type one piece and when you think that Orion Slave Girls can wear loincloths and skimpy bras anywhere, I don't see the harm. From the Winter Event, you can wear the jackets and coats anywhere, so would it be so terrible to wear a swimsuit?
This discussion has been closed.