test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Old Man D'Tan

paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User
How Old is D'Tan supposed to be again because he looks like he's about to tell people to get off his lawn, I know I jokingly camplained about his leadership in the past, but I never really took my comments about him seriously, however I personally think he needs a new younger looking model or a new hair cut that isn't completely grey, maybe add grey temples to his bowl cut.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    The issue is that Romulans may have a lifespan equivelent to Vulcans, so... determining age compared to humans is somewhat difficult. We did see a younger D'Tan in TNG working with Ambassador Spock.

Also... grey hair isn't exactly reliable, as stress can accelerate it. I mean just look at pictures of President Obama from the start of his term to the end. Dear god the grey spread fast. So it is hard to actually nail down D'Tan because he's also probably been stressed by having to lead a refugee fleet and a newborn successor state.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,275 Arc User
    D'Tan was a child back in the 60s when he appeared during the Unification 2-parter, and we're 50 years later in the timeline - so looking like an old man isn't exactly out of the norm.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,247 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    Also it could be possible that D'tan's natural hair color is a shade that looks close to grey in STO's artstyle.

EDIT:also hair color is highly dependent on genetics and stress levels, possible for human to start greying out before they turn 40 or even go bald before that on the flip side you got people who retain their hair color into their 60s or even 70s
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »
    Also it could be possible that D'tan's natural hair color is a shade that looks close to grey in STO's artstyle.

EDIT:also hair color is highly dependent on genetics and stress levels, possible for human to start greying out before they turn 40 or even go bald before that on the flip side you got people who retain their hair color into their 60s or even 70s

D'tan was born in 2356 according to Memory Alpha based on dialog from the show, so he would only be 53 at the start of the game timeframe, ten years younger than T'pol was in ENT. His hair in Unification II was a dark brunette color which is lighter than the usual black hair to start with, so it could be that it just faded a bit as he reached adulthood.
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    The issue is that Romulans may have a lifespan equivelent to Vulcans, so... determining age compared to humans is somewhat difficult. We did see a younger D'Tan in TNG working with Ambassador Spock.

Also... grey hair isn't exactly reliable, as stress can accelerate it. I mean just look at pictures of President Obama from the start of his term to the end. Dear god the grey spread fast. So it is hard to actually nail down D'Tan because he's also probably been stressed by having to lead a refugee fleet and a newborn successor state.

Sarek was going grey in J2B, and by ST4 was grey, and he lived to TNG time
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
This discussion has been closed.