test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kael is asking for your dilithium sink ideas

Comments

• trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    Well the next phase could be specialization consoles like for example universal pilot consoles that the damage is based off your speed. So that 4 fore weapon ships could potentially be as decent as 5 if you use a combination of abilities with strategy. Then something similar for other specialization type consoles that benefit their roles to where not every release is going down one pigeon hole where people only buy specific content depending on if it can break their dps records but with this it can be done with actual playing skills and not just spamming a space bar. Meanwhile the upgrading system would reinforce this dilithium sink so it puts new sinks in but also reinforces existing ones.

Another idea is adding into lockboxes ship skeletons and costumes of ships that normally wouldn't sell but are kinds that people would want just for it to exist kind of like nausicaan, nova, bops, etc. Then the big dilithium sink to this is that you could also obtain these through special fleet shipyard projects too. So technically you could even theme your fleets to be based on like say Nausicaans and it would bring value into the making of these kinds of ships through lockbox keys or dilithium into the fleet projects.

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    Never mind. I was originally going to point out an analogy with a real sink. When the bowl gets clogged and is overflowing you could plunge to allow more out (what everyone is talking about here). But you could also limit the amount going into the bowl. You could put an Account Limit of refining Dilithium of say 54k per day.

But, I guess all the full time Dilithium refiners wouldn't like that.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,310 Arc User
    Made a topic earlier for people to express ideas for dilithium sinks:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/comment/13678955

My personal favorite, gain access to mission reward items after playing a mission without having to replay said mission X number of times. Those items could be purchased with dilithium.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • cipherblockcipherblock Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Add Deuterium Surplus (Alhena System Patrol reward) to the dil store.
    Move the random (Normal, Advanced, Elite) Task Force Operation R&D material packages to the dil store
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    Allow us to trade up on Phoenix Pack tokens. From green to gold, 3-5-7-9-11 or some number, even a flat number.

Flash sales of something exotic in the dilithium store, such as a uniform or ship that's pulled from the lobi store for a brief window.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2021
    ltminns wrote: »
    Never mind. I was originally going to point out an analogy with a real sink. When the bowl gets clogged and is overflowing you could plunge to allow more out (what everyone is talking about here). But you could also limit the amount going into the bowl. You could put an Account Limit of refining Dilithium of say 54k per day.

But, I guess all the full time Dilithium refiners wouldn't like that.

So my only concern is going too low, wouldn't represent given options, for who have 3-4 of each Faction (with variation of skills or traits) from different races, or playstyles. You don't want people to stop playing their Alts, and those who spent considerable time growing them, earning Specializations, Starship Traits, Personal Traits, or upgrading their gear aren't the problem. What the problem is, well it's those who have 16-56 Alts, who mostly use Admiralty to farm Dilithium.

100,000 (Account-Wide) is similar to what Neverwinter did, yet their per Character Refinement had been 32,000 Diamonds per Character... ...That was Neverwinter's second biggest mistake, they should have gone to 128,000 (Max Refinement per Day), yet still only allowed each Players to Refine 32,000 Diamonds toward that!

Why, failing to limit by Account, and also by Character Refinement, unlike what Neverwinter did only causes people to mostly stop playing, growing, or developing many of their Alts. Many stopped playing them, and focused on their 1-2 favorite play styles down. That also saw a lot of people leave back 2+ years ago, along with 1 other change to how crafting was done, all in relatively short order too... I remember loosing a lot of friends back then, and haven't even really gone back to check, though part of me still misses my Elves.

That's why I'd recommend they make not make the 2nd biggest mistake Neverwinter did, there very first mistake was they made their Exchange use Diamonds (Our Dilithium) rather than Gold (Our Energy Credit) for example.

I'd recommend a 96,000-100,000 (Max Refinement per Account) yet maintain a 8,000 Refinement by Character each Day, excluding the +500 (Lifer bonus) excluded from Max Refinement per Day. This would ensure people don't give up their 3-4 Alts in each Faction, and if they had more it be alright to have them, you'd just have to choose who refined each day, except the limited amount of Refinement from Lifers!

Realize those who play a limited few Characters, they might have 10-40 (+) million Ore sitting on their Main, and it hurt the DZE if suddenly allowed them to refine at far greater than before. This ensures balance and encourages people to still develope, upgrade, and Play Alts. o:)
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    I don't get the need for Phoenix packs, most of the player base seem to care a lot about ships, why not sell the Nova class at the same amount of Dil it takes to convert into 25,000 Zen aka the same price as a LTS, if 1 Zen equals 500 Dil then I wonder how much Dil it'll take to get to that amount.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    I don't get the need for Phoenix packs...

Within the Phoenix Box rests... the Phoenix Tech Upgrade. Short of the Ultimate Tech Upgrade, this Phoenix Tech Upgrade is the absolute best in the game. Universal, no DL cost to use it, and very good increase to not only level, but quality as well. Not even the Omegas come close to the Phoenix. And they only cost an uncommon Phoenix token.

You can get dozens of the things potentially just by opening ten phoenix boxes depending on how lucky you are. Get a bunch of Very Rares, downgrade them to uncommons... you've multiplied the number of Phoenix Tech Upgrades you can get.

Downgrading a Phoenix token to a lower tier yields 2 of that lower tier. So... lets say you have 5 Very Rares. Downgrade those and you've doubled the number of Rares. Downgrade again and again you've doubled. And they're account bound, so you can shuffle them around to whatever character you need them on.

Best easily accessable Tech Upgrade in the game. Can cost $0 to obtain. Only thing better is an Ultimate Tech Upgrade with its insta Mk XV Gold quality.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • vongravenvongraven Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    Personal quarters with lots of new updates will definitely cause people to spend dil over and over again. Add some personal "kinda fleet" projects and personal holdings to them and here you go - new dil sink for a long time is here.

Also, I'd spend dil for lobi.

Aaaand last but not least - let me buy the ship traits of the ships that I already own on my alts for dil. That'd be great.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Just some simple things that are already in the game that could be adjusted to be sold for Dil...

Bank Slots/Inventory Slots/Account Bank Slots - Half the size of the ones in the Zen store, so 6/6/5. Would still max out at the same number obviously, but would take longer to reach it.

DOff slots - Make the 25 slot increase buyable with Dil.

BOff slots - Make a single one available for Dil.

Ship slots - Make a single one available for Dil.

Ship Loadout slots - Make a single one available for Dil.

Dry Dock Slots - Make a single one available for Dil.

Character slots - Make a single one available for Dil.

Outfit slots - Make a single one available for Dil.

There would need to some effort in finding a good price for these individually since they are all relatively different in what they offer. But if a decent price were reached, all of these could drain quite a bit of Dil. And since most are character specific, every time someone would make a new character, it would mean a relatively steady drain of Dil.

Now, on to things that aren't currently in the game, as far as I'm aware...

One time use Admiralty card packs - Create packs that have T5 and up ships in them. Maybe with 5 total cards in it, with at least 3 of them being T6's. Larger packs containing more ships for a higher price would make sense.

Permanent Admiralty card packs - Create packs that grant a single random common version from a pool of all T5 and up Zen/Lobi/Lockbox/Promo/Event ships. With reduced stats, of course. The pack would open and grant a box with the named card inside. And if the player already owns the common version of the card, it can't be accidentally opened. So as long as that box isn't opened, allow them to be sold on the Exchange. This would fuel the "gotta catch 'em all" mentality of some players as well as give players who don't buy Zen a way of getting more Admiralty cards. This would take the most effort but since the graphics already exist, it'd just be a matter of adjusting numbers and figuring out what special ability the card would grant.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    iamynaught wrote: »
    Just some simple things that are already in the game that could be adjusted to be sold for Dil...

Bank Slots/Inventory Slots/Account Bank Slots - Half the size of the ones in the Zen store, so 6/6/5. Would still max out at the same number obviously, but would take longer to reach it.

There would need to some effort in finding a good price for these individually since they are all relatively different in what they offer. But if a decent price were reached, all of these could drain quite a bit of Dil. And since most are character specific, every time someone would make a new character, it would mean a relatively steady drain of Dil.

One time use Admiralty card packs - Create packs that have T5 and up ships in them. Maybe with 5 total cards in it, with at least 3 of them being T6's. Larger packs containing more ships for a higher price would make sense.

Permanent Admiralty card packs - Create packs that grant a single random common version from a pool of all T5 and up Zen/Lobi/Lockbox/Promo/Event ships. With reduced stats, of course. The pack would open and grant a box with the named card inside. And if the player already owns the common version of the card, it can't be accidentally opened. So as long as that box isn't opened, allow them to be sold on the Exchange. This would fuel the "gotta catch 'em all" mentality of some players as well as give players who don't buy Zen a way of getting more Admiralty cards. This would take the most effort but since the graphics already exist, it'd just be a matter of adjusting numbers and figuring out what special ability the card would grant.

What am I missing? Isn't those top ideas already purchasable from dilithium exchanged into zen? That being the case, & if done that way, isn't that still a dilithium sink? I like the idea of those additions though as you stated that aren't currently in the game to be looked at.
  • ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    Elite rep marks for dilithium. Very hard to obtain Competitive ones as the queues are dead so you have to earn marks and covert 100 per every 20hrs for 1 Elite token. Let us trade in say 3000-8000 dilithium per mark.
    https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
    edited July 2021
    Elite rep marks for dilithium. Very hard to obtain Competitive ones as the queues are dead so you have to earn marks and covert 100 per every 20hrs for 1 Elite token. Let us trade in say 3000-8000 dilithium per mark.

This is another new idea, and while some may have several of some tokens, they could at least offer 1 or 5 tokens for an extra amount of Dilithium for sure. It would balance out those who trade Tokens for Ore for example! How often it be used perhaps vary on the player and what they needed, yet it provide for another option, and shouldn't be too hard to do either. Perhaps the smaller one is run Hourly, the other larger one given once every 20h or so?
    nommo#5819 wrote: »

What am I missing? Isn't those top ideas already purchasable from dilithium exchanged into zen? That being the case, & if done that way, isn't that still a dilithium sink? I like the idea of those additions though as you stated that aren't currently in the game to be looked at.

Yes they are, but you first have to list your DIL for Sale, and then have it sold. As their was a slight backlog before, yet usually if your patient it still will go thru. Bypassing the DZE (Exchange) prevents Cryptic from recognizing it as Revenue when spent.

Still I believe the best idea is to expand Fleet Holdings beyond 3, out to perhaps 4 as said on in another thread. If you find the link below, I also suggest expanding Endeavors to encourage some Donate to Fleet Projects!

Or I had an idea for a slight variation on Fleet Holding at Drozana (that might appeal to those in smaller fleets, as well as some in larger ones) on my first post on Page 2 of this thread--also find the alternate thread linked within it shown as Page 10. Along with Gear/Items with Tailor unlocks.

I thought it was a creative way to offer something different, possibly with a new Event every now and then...
    0zxlclk.png
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,594 Arc User
    I think 500,000 dill would be reasonable maybe more for acc unlock.
    500,000 dil, at a conversation rate of 500 dil for 1 zen, is 1,000 zen. 1/3 the cost of a normal Zen store ship.

Events ships cost more then normal zen ships. If they were going to let you buy past event ships as account unlocks, with dil, we are easily looking at prices of 1.7-2.1 million dil or more.(this based off of the price of Mudd's market event ships at an 75%-80% discount)

but they would not have to be account unlocks. if i had a Risian captain, I might pay 500K dil or 750K for the weather control ship one - off. Ditto with the winter ships.
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
    edited July 2021
    Well if they improved the chances of Epic tokens a bit more, and slightly increased Ultra--that might encourage more to try. Cause as you said @corinthalas for those who have 8-12 characters or more, just getting one ship you missed from Phoenix is a monumental task.

Perhaps if they changed how the exchange 10 tokens for another Reroll, if it perhaps identified the chances (and how they might alter your odds) for a Epic or Ultra token as well.

Yet I've edited to suggest this idea as several others have, offering upgrading tokens 10-12:1. Why people people always start with their highest quality to upgrade, not lowest. So someone who spent 1m - 2m in Phoenix tokens may have 1 Epic &/or 1 Ultra at best. Still they may have 35-70 if very lucky for Very Rare Tokens. So with 100 VR that give 10 Ultra or 1 Epic (so some may upgrade Blue & Green as well) to get 1 Epic Tokens.

Still I'd say we be lucky to see 10:1 as currently, it's 10 green just for another reroll chance as sad as that sounds. :p

Still I think they need to continue to expand or add some Event Ships to Phoenix, at least 33% (1/3rd) should go to Phoenix Each Year, even if 2/3rd go to Mudd. They could also add a few T5 (Retired) Lockbox/Lobi Ships to slightly expand Phoenix as well, following a similar 1/3 or 2/3rd rule.

I don't know many who use those reroll tokens, they could re-evaluate increasing their odds a bit, still I was mostly hinting at something else before... ...now I've revised and said it as many have.

Anyways it was nice to see people try to identify several options for them to consider.

All just different idea's for them (Cryptic) to perhaps talk about, discuss, maybe debate which they think might work. Depending how much of the 2-3 forums on the subject they read, and how carefully...
    0zxlclk.png
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User

Apologies for the late reply.

The only thing I listed that is currently available for Zen with absolutely no changes is the 25 slot DOff slot upgrade. Honestly, does anyone even buy that currently? The 100 slot upgrade is the better deal in the Zen store, so what would it really hurt just directly porting that to be purchasable with Dil?

Most of the other items, while in some form ARE available for Zen, I suggested lowering the amount that could be bought with Dil over the way they are currently done with Zen. BOff slots, Ship slots, Character slots and Outfit slots all come in pairs (2) in the Zen store. Maybe someone only wants 1 slot? An option to buy with Dil gives them that option. The other items come in larger amounts, which I lowered to more differentiate them from their Zen store counterparts.

Heck, years ago just after the Delta recruit first hit, I was nearing the cap on character slots. After they gave us that free slot from Delta, I ended up 1 slot short back then. The option to BUY the 2 Character slots would always show up for me, but because it was 2 slots and not 1, it wouldn't let me actually buy it. I would have easily spent Dil for that 1 Character slot back then if it'd been an option. So, as they've given us free slots semi-regularly over the years, I've crossed the threshold of purchasable Character slots, but I am still 1 short of the max that can be had. Yes, it's an odd thing to think about, but as an altaholic, it bothers me. :)
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
    edited July 2021
    westmetals wrote: »
    strathkin wrote: »
    Well if they improved the chances of Epic tokens dropping a bit more, and slightly increased Ultra dropping as well.

Or if they changed how the exchange 10 tokens for another Reroll, perhaps identified the chances (and how they might alter your odds) for a Epic or Ultra token as well. Still it would if it's a bit or a lot more risky, yet is the reward there for the higher risk you taking. Even if you got a few (2) 2x Rare, or even a single (4x) Very rare you'd still be trading 4 (Very Rare) +2 (Rare) + 4(Uncommon) so your spend 7 tokens rather than 10; yet it doesn't identify any increased odds... ...maybe if they lowered the cost to 8-9 more may try it, yet would depending how valuable the Phoenix upgrades are to them as well.

I don't know many who use those reroll tokens, cause they don't identify even a slightly increased odds, still ...

Anyways it was nice to see people try to identify several options for them to consider.

All just different idea's for them (Cryptic) to perhaps talk about, discuss, maybe debate which they think might work. Depending how much of the 2-3 forums on the subject they read, and how carefully...

That was why I suggested a trade-up option. Currently we have the option of 10 greens for one full reroll... which can result in 1 of the green tokens, in which case you have a net loss of the equivalent of 9 green tokens. Or a blue, in which case you have a net loss of 8, or a purple, which might have some desirable items in the shop, but is still a net loss in value of the equivalent of 6 greens....

With a trade-up option you at least would be guaranteed of getting the higher level. Even if the trade-up cost was rather high. (Like maybe 6 tokens to get 1 of the next-higher level? That would mean you could trade in 36 purples for one epic, for example.)

I still don't know if they will reconsider it, one can only hope...

Note: I revised my post above, as I was hinting at what you suggested, cause 10 tokens for a standard chance nobody or almost nobody would do. Yet I think we'd be lucky to see it closer to 10-12:1 for upgrades, given today you spend 10 Uncommon just for a standard roll of the Dice. :o

I do think they need to balance a bit more between Phoenix &/or Mudd, same would work for the T5 Retired Lockbox/Lobi Ships as well as Event Ships. I realize a majority like Mudd as it's Account wide, yet 33% of prizes (One Ship of the 3 Event) should be added to Phoenix each year, even if the other 2 appear in Mudds. Yet the last 1.5 years we've seen almost everything go the Mudd's since, and that isn't healthy either.

Or I had an idea for a slight variation on Fleet Holding at Drozana (that might appeal to those in smaller fleets, as well as some in larger ones) on my first post on Page 2 of this thread--also find the alternate thread linked within it shown as Page 10.

I thought it was a creative way to offer something different, possibly with a new Event every now and then...
    0zxlclk.png
  • millefune#8468 millefune Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    I was told that before my time playing the game, it cost Dilithium to use Transwarp. Turn that back on, and it'll eat up some Dilithium on a regular basis.
    edited July 2021
    It just depends on the location, Deferra and DS9 are two that you still buy Vouchers for, in the DIL Store.

You can later however unlock them doing Reputations however.

There called Transwarp Coils, 10 for 3,200 DIL depending on your Fleet Dilithium Discount.
    0zxlclk.png
  • blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    Let's face some cold hard facts, you don't have a dilithium issue here. If you think the wait for Zen from your exchange is long, check out my thread for tracking Neverwinter here. I predicted that the ZAX would grow out of control at the beginning of that thread. The Zen was flowing (even backlogged at 40 million) at the rate of every 30 to 40 days.

As the thread and spreadsheet shows the backlog caused an increase wait time on 14 hours per day. But I saw the wall coming... it hit earlier than I expected. The Neverwinter Zen exchange is now frozen to a crawl. Since the 27th of last month players who posted January 21st are still getting paid. It has been stuck on the 21st for 2 weeks now.

Trust me, you don't have a dilithium issue here .... yet. :trollface:
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,443 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    I was told that before my time playing the game, it cost Dilithium to use Transwarp. Turn that back on, and it'll eat up some Dilithium on a regular basis.

I don't want to go back there. Also, I thought it was used to consume energy credits unless you are talking about a different transwarp as in the transwarp coils. I am glad we now have free transwarps to start a mission quickly.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User

Apologies for the late reply.

The only thing I listed that is currently available for Zen with absolutely no changes is the 25 slot DOff slot upgrade. Honestly, does anyone even buy that currently? The 100 slot upgrade is the better deal in the Zen store, so what would it really hurt just directly porting that to be purchasable with Dil?

Most of the other items, while in some form ARE available for Zen, I suggested lowering the amount that could be bought with Dil over the way they are currently done with Zen. BOff slots, Ship slots, Character slots and Outfit slots all come in pairs (2) in the Zen store. Maybe someone only wants 1 slot? An option to buy with Dil gives them that option. The other items come in larger amounts, which I lowered to more differentiate them from their Zen store counterparts.

Heck, years ago just after the Delta recruit first hit, I was nearing the cap on character slots. After they gave us that free slot from Delta, I ended up 1 slot short back then. The option to BUY the 2 Character slots would always show up for me, but because it was 2 slots and not 1, it wouldn't let me actually buy it. I would have easily spent Dil for that 1 Character slot back then if it'd been an option. So, as they've given us free slots semi-regularly over the years, I've crossed the threshold of purchasable Character slots, but I am still 1 short of the max that can be had. Yes, it's an odd thing to think about, but as an altaholic, it bothers me. :)

I could see where if you were wanting to reach maximum capacity, of characters, but at an odd number then the smaller increment could be useful especially with your 2 or 4 character buying issue. I also think the 100 DOFF Slots are a better value than the 25 DOFF Slots but perhaps the smaller amounts, slots or other, for direct dilithium might appeal enough to help.
  • millefune#8468 millefune Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    Community: We need some kind of Dilithium sink.
    Suggestion: Here's a Dilithium sink that everyone will likely use and actually work. Bring back the Transwarp Coil requirement.
    Community: NO! NO! NO! NO!

Do y'all really want a Dilithium sink or not?
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    Community: We need some kind of Dilithium sink.
    Suggestion: Here's a Dilithium sink that everyone will likely use and actually work. Bring back the Transwarp Coil requirement.
    Community: NO! NO! NO! NO!

Do y'all really want a Dilithium sink or not?

Sorry but Transwarp Coils are no good, those things only take EC and people barely use them anyways, besides I think they're broken I tried using using one and nothing happen, We need something worth spending Dil on like visual stuff like Vanity Shields, Deflecters, Impulse Engines and Uniforms.
This discussion has been closed.