test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Thoughts on the Chronos

angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
I still have a T6 token lying around and nothing really on the horizon I'd use it on. So I considered to get the Chronos for my temporal character, who already uses the Paradox and Wells.

Would the Chronos be an improvement over those two? pig-39.gif​​
lFC4bt2.gif
^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
"No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
"A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
"That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou

Comments

• Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    The actual stats of the ship are not really that important, it's basically a theme/style decision for me. Ultimately though, I don't want to spend my token on a ship that performs underwhelming so I just wanted to ask for some general feedback on it.

I plan to use exotic abilities and basically all the temporal clickies on it, however it can't utilize the set from the Paradox/Wells, can it? On the other hoof it is a full temporal spec ship. The temporal specialization maybe comes with a few nice abilities that trump the usual sci-partgen spectrum?​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Any ship can use the 29th century timeship consoles.

For an exotic damage boat, the Verne is one of the very best options. The Chronos isn't a science ship so no sec deflector (not that it applies to temporal abilities) and has obviously less sci powers and console slots to play with.

Of course you can still do exotic damage on a cruiser type ship, and as long as you go in knowing it won't perform like a Verne, and are fine with that, then you can certainly make a build out of it.