test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Patch Notes for 7/8/21

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
edited July 2021 in Release Notes
Star Trek Online will have PC maintenance today, 7/8, at 7am PT. Estimated downtime is 2.5 hours. You can find the patch notes here:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11490643
Post edited by ambassadorkael#6946 on

Comments

• nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    Being one of the good shoppers, or saps, depending upon one's point of view that bought that recent big bundle I wish Cryptic would take another look at that Einstein class starship's registry similar to:

Resolved an issue that was preventing registry names from displaying properly on the Grissom Light Science Vessel saucer.

The Einstein class registry was poorly executed & sometimes blocks some of the letters/numbers involved with the name. In my opinion it would be better served to remove the little circular lighting effects & just light-up the inside of the whole rectangle for better illumination of the registry. I'm surprised that poor quality of registry design was allowed to pass quality control if there was any.

& I support almost anything that might improve stability for this event. I'm getting DCs at least once about every hour & a half. Good side is no problem logging back into STO usually afterwards.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    I'm hoping they'll be able to fix the T6 Risian Luxury Cruiser. The bits and parts of the T5 and T6 parts are having problems integrating. And certain parts (like the Forest/Island for the T6's Atrium) gets reverted to the base setting (the Forest/Islands quickly switch back to Blast Doors) after selecting it.

It took a while to get it to finally use the Randomize button, but when it did work and I got something really cool between the two (T5/T6), it told me that there were old parts that won't work, and it was reverted to T6.

I hope they are working on this for the next patch rollout.
  • mechaczmechacz Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Only minor improvements with fps issue. I've played around with graphical settings and besides disabling 2.0 there are only two things actually helping.
    Turning off shadows adds about 5 fps. Setting world detail to Min gives significant fps boost, but setting it to Low hits fps back hard. Difference about 3 fps compared Low to Max.
    Memory isnt problem, game takes about 6 gigs of 8, gpu memory isnt problem either(1050Ti), as it takes only 35% of gpu memory.
    However, CPU2 seems to be cranked to 100% all the time, while other three seems to do moreless nothing(multithread is on ofc), which could be reason for bad performance.
  • chanfron66chanfron66 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    whatever fixes got patched today has not helped me at all, still less than ten fps when looking at the island so will have to play with lighting 2.0 disabled, then its perfectly playable just looks worse lol.
    • Soft Tribble Warm Tribble, Little ball of fur, Happy Tribble, Sleepy Tribble, Purr Purr Purr
    • Hard Gorny, Cold Gorny, Big Ball of Scales, Angry Gorny, Fighty Gorny, Hiss, Hiss Hisssss
    • History will never forget the name "InvalidEntityName"
This discussion has been closed.