What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Welcome to House United

2»

Comments

• matzdaadmatzdaad Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    matzdaad wrote: »
    Update to todays update...

Got to see my character selection screen and even managed to change to a different character, (the pro).
    Game is unplayable, flickers all over the place at about 3-4 per second, random blue blobs that are marked 'federation cruiser' (or whatever), game unplayable. EXTREMELY irritating. (some of the cons).
    This just sounds like your game data is corrupted, or your computer is dying.

Have you completely deleting the game from your hard drive, and redownloading the whole thing?

uninstalled ARC and STO and reinstalled, absolutely no change...
    Now... How long till the next "patch" and how many patches will it take to fix the problem?
    MatzDaad
    Fleet: 8th Expeditionary Command
    Member since 2/15/2012

questerius wrote: »
    matzdaad wrote: »
    questerius wrote: »
    minidari wrote: »
    Welcome, but not for all.
    For me is welcome to black screen

@minidari
    @matzdaad
    That happens to me from time to time. For some reason the game does not launch. I usually close the game launcher through task manager (Ctrl-Alt-Delte) and restart without problems.

If that does not work, clear your cache and try again.

(I have been doing the Alt/Control/Delete practically every time I have logged on.)
    Is there only 1 cache? Where do I find it?

The launchers uses the browser you use to launch so clearing the history from your browser should clear out the cache as well.

I deleted history from all 3 browsers I use, no change.
    (IE 10, Chrome, and MS Edge.)
    MatzDaad
    Member since 2/15/2012

I'm glad the finale is concluded in the regular story missions. :)
    The TFO part in the United blog sounded a bit like the story conclusion might be there.
    New missions were mostly enjoyable but have somewhat underwhelming reward options.
    I'm not saying that there needed to be new items made for the rewards, but a couple extra choices would have been nice, drawn from the pool of readily available items, such as beam arrays, torpedo launchers and the like..

Yeah, the item reward for each is very... meh.

Since I can't get in at least I feel better that I'm not missing out on a Ultimate Tech Upgrade.

MatzDaad
    Member since 2/15/2012

edited June 2021
    westmetals wrote: »
    Yeah, but the update - which is the post I had actually quoted and was replying to - described an entirely new problem which is pretty clearly some sort of graphics issue (whether it's on his end or not is beside the point) that I have not seen anyone else report (which kinda points toward it being on his end somehow).

I was not at all trying to play the "I don't have a problem so you don't have a problem" card. I was just saying that the issue that matsdaad described - not yours - sounded like a localized problem which very well COULD be an issue with his machine.

(Though I will say, the weapons bug wasn't affecting everyone, either, so your description of the game being completely unplayable was simply not universally true.)

YOU were the one who then tried to broaden the scope of what I said to apply to everyone and every bug that exists and then blame me for your interpretation not making sense.

What I don't understand is why my graphics work perfectly fine everywhere else but not on STO just an hour or two after the last update? (May 25th that is)

Strange coincidence or a wrench in the code?

Oh... anyone have a link to something that gives graphics a good work-out?

EDIT: Jun 18. Downloaded Neverwinter (A Perfect World, Cryptic, Arc game) and it ran fine, no graphics problems even on minimum settings, so it does not seem to be my computer or Arc (as Arc ran Neverwinter). Add to that the 'problem' happened right after the 5/25 "update"...
    Post edited by matzdaad on
    MatzDaad
    Member since 2/15/2012

edited June 2021
    There was a 'notice' that my graphics had been reset,
    but I am not able to find out any more info until things get fixed.
    MatzDaad
    Member since 2/15/2012

edited June 2021
    totenmet wrote: »
    It says: "Odds of winning depend on # of eligible entries received."

So what are the odds? I guess 1 on a million or less?

Why are the actual odds not communicated? In some countries it is illegal to not do so.

The odds are simple...
    If you are the only one to enter your odds of winning are 100%,
    If a Billion people enter your odds of winning are 1 in a Billion.

MatzDaad
    Member since 2/15/2012

edited June 2021
    Re: Graphics.
    It said "graphics have been reset to recommended default"
    I was never able to 'ok' that, button just didn't work.

Re: Login screen, to me that is just at the beginning where you hit 'engage'... Could not find anything about graphics. Do you mean the 'character selection screen'? (which I can't get to).
    MatzDaad
    Member since 2/15/2012

• phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,430 Arc User
    Maybe launching the game in safe mode could reveal something. Either way, I would recommend starting a ticket on the problem so the game devs can take a look (they will probably have you run a session of the game with verbose logs turned on among other things).

Also, if you normally run it in fullscreen mode you could try running it in widowed fullscreen instead or vice versa (if you haven't already).
    edited June 2021
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Wait...I was under the impression you were able to get into the character selection screen (what I would consider the login screen as that is the screen you see as soon as you are actually logged in). If you can't and the screen is black when you hit the engage button, you basically have the same issue that many people have had for weeks. If it is doing some weird graphical thing instead of a black screen, but can't get to the character selection screen, that sounds close to the known issue that some people have had so more likely to be related. The main things about the black screen is that you don't see the Cryptic letters with the load bar at the bottom at all...so if the weird graphical thing did that without those, I would say it is almost certainly related. If not...more likely to be a separate issue.

Actually managed to get to the character selection screen (CSS) today and changed characters.
    When I get the totally black screen (except for the hour-glass) I bring up task manager and kill game execute.
    Second try (USUALLY) works...

If the CSS comes up again I will look for options/graphics.
    Q: Is 'recommended graphics settings' with all at maximum? (My built in GPU may not be able to handle that).

Matz

(Well... Maybe the CSS will come up again tomorrow, or sometime in the next month :neutral: )
    MatzDaad
    Member since 2/15/2012

• azael#8280 azael Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    :s
    Well, no joy from the last update... I still have not been able to get to the CSS again.
    MatzDaad
    Member since 2/15/2012

edited June 2021
    Still stuck on the same character as I can't seem to get back to the CSS.
    So I decided to assign 'duties' to my DOFF's, only took 33 minutes to assign 20 to one character, I used to be able to do all 9 characters in less time...
    I suppose it could be worse, like if I paid for a lifetime subscription
    (which I don't see myself doing, at least not until I can go a year or so without 'issues').

(so many) days and counting...
    MatzDaad
    Member since 2/15/2012

Downloaded Neverwinter (Perfect World. Cryptic, Arc) No problem getting in even launching through Arc.
    MatzDaad
    Member since 2/15/2012

Got to see my character for a bit today, when I went to 'change character' I noticed 'options' (same window as 'change character'). In options selected graphics all settings were at maximum. Just need to find the right set.
    MatzDaad
    Member since 2/15/2012

edited June 2021
    BLAH! I reset to default, I could see my character and where she was... movement however sucked.
    I'll wait for the fix. (Before the 5/25 'update' graphics were recommended default and play was smooth).
    MatzDaad
    Member since 2/15/2012

(sigh) No joy from today's maintenance. I think about a 10 camping trip is in order...
    MatzDaad
    Member since 2/15/2012

edited July 2021
    Camping was great! 12 days at our trailer in the hills of West Virginia. :smiley:
    Did Force Verify, still no joy in Muddville. :neutral:

Edit: Did it get fixed for everyone but me...?
    MatzDaad
    Member since 2/15/2012

This discussion has been closed.