test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Chu chu dance when does it appear?

sarah2774sarah2774 Member Posts: 238 Arc User
I have been trying to figure out when does the chu chu appear during the dance party. Is it random? So far i notice that there have to be someone wearing chu shirt in party and subspace party amplifier trigged. Not sure the subspace party amplifier trigged by player or game.
OPv9m3F.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• zzzspina01zzzspina01 Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    Subspace party amp, is player active i think. Not sure if subspace party nullifire effects the chu chu.
    I cant brain I have the dumb
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    I have a nullifier on all my toons and it still popped for me yesterday...
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    I like the Chu Chu bonus Lohlunats.
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    Someone in zone chat claimed they had it appear multiple times during one dance off. Has anyone else seen that?

Also I saw one “Chu Chu” dance yesterday and made sure to check—no one was wearing the T-shirt, I think. It seems entirely random.

But I like bonus rewards. So if you figure out a way to increase the probability—please keep us updated!

Happy dancing—
  • comdrconvoy#7369 comdrconvoy Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    qultuq wrote: »
    Someone in zone chat claimed they had it appear multiple times during one dance off. Has anyone else seen that?

Also I saw one “Chu Chu” dance yesterday and made sure to check—no one was wearing the T-shirt, I think. It seems entirely random.

But I like bonus rewards. So if you figure out a way to increase the probability—please keep us updated!

Happy dancing—

I can confirm this. I'm on the PS4 version and the second day of the event early in the morning I had the Chu Chu bonus go off about 4 times. It was a male instructor too. I'm not sure it was a glitch or just really lucky. I think I had to go off twice another time but never 4 times like that had.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    A better question is...when do we get the third 'chu'?​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    A better question is...when do we get the third 'chu'?​​

If someone uses a sneeze emote while wearing the 'Chu Chu' shirt ;)
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    sarah2774 wrote: »
    I have been trying to figure out when does the chu chu appear during the dance party. Is it random? So far i notice that there have to be someone wearing chu shirt in party and subspace party amplifier trigged. Not sure the subspace party amplifier trigged by player or game.

I, also, have no idea what is causing the "chuchu" bonus, but it happened to one of my Captains three time during one Dance Party. I have not seen it since that day.

Also -
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExSlyoVTX3I
    :smiley:
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • sarah2774sarah2774 Member Posts: 238 Arc User

Happy dancing—

I can confirm this. I'm on the PS4 version and the second day of the event early in the morning I had the Chu Chu bonus go off about 4 times. It was a male instructor too. I'm not sure it was a glitch or just really lucky. I think I had to go off twice another time but never 4 times like that had.

Early days of dance had the chu chu bonus go of 2 times average 3 times a day. The most i have gotten is 3 times. Now i get 1 bonus in 2 days. You were really lucky.
    OPv9m3F.jpg
  • sarah2774sarah2774 Member Posts: 238 Arc User

Happy dancing—

Yesterday i had no one wearing the T-shirt happened and today there was 3 person with the t-shirt and it did not trigger. It seems random.
    OPv9m3F.jpg
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I believe it is random. I got it twice yesterday. I do like the extra favors.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    I believe it is random. I got it twice yesterday. I do like the extra favors.

If any of the scheduled activities needed a bonus, Dance Party was it. Average payout of under 10 favors per minute makes it about the worst of them, unless you can't manage to place, or get disqualified, in the competitive races.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,498 Arc User
    I have only encountered it once so far, though from chatter from another instance it happened twice where they were one of the times it didn't happen were I was at all.
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    Back up, back up, what is this Chu Chu Dance, and how do you get the emote?
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User

There is no emote. It kicks in at random times during the dance party on Risa and when it does kick in you get 100 bonus favors. As of yet no one has come up with when or how it kicks in. It has been said that players wearing the chu chu tee makes it happen, but I've been on the dance floor wearing mine along with two other players and it didn't happen.
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »

There is no emote. It kicks in at random times during the dance party on Risa and when it does kick in you get 100 bonus favors. As of yet no one has come up with when or how it kicks in. It has been said that players wearing the chu chu tee makes it happen, but I've been on the dance floor wearing mine along with two other players and it didn't happen.

Ah, OK, tyvm. When I read Chu Chu the first time, it made me think of that "Snu Snu" episode of Futurama, but I guess it's not like that. You can't blame me too much for thinking that. It is Risa, after all...
    Yeah, when it popped for me, there was confetti everywhere and it came in from the side and told everyone to do a mix, so I did the Mix dance and got the 100 favors.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    I just left the Dance Party and the Chu Chu bonus popped up three times.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • spy8446spy8446 Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    So I had the chu chu twice in one dance just a while ago, did the mix dance both times and did NOT get any extra lolnuts.
    I have had it three other times and everyone tells me its the mix dance but still no extras.

point blank, can someone explain how this is supposed to work?
    I have not failed to get the extra favors for doing the mix dance.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • spy8446spy8446 Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    ive failed every time, also can you get them even after the "mission" is over or something?
  • faelon#8433 faelon Member Posts: 358 Arc User

Happy dancing—

I've gotten two Chu Chu's a couple of times. But it's rare.
  • captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User

Happy dancing—

I've been present when something like this occurred too, on Xbox One.
  • ucgsquawk#5883 ucgsquawk Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    > @zedbrightlander1 said:
    > I just left the Dance Party and the Chu Chu bonus popped up three times.

The trick is to not do your final dance or two until the last minute of the event...that way any late chu chu dances get you your marks.
    I did the dancing on Tribble and was by myself. The male caller was calling and chu-chu showed at least once. Got the bonus for doing Mix. That's the only time I did that over there, but I'm sure it'd happen again.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    Is there a video of what happens? Or is it just a confetti burst and extra lohls?
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User

Happy dancing—

this happened the other day. not sure if true since i didnt see anything (confetti, etc) most people post about when it happens.

so is this a group thing for sure or maybe a single toon thing? or both? or maybe just a random peep being a dork...lol

2 chu chu during dance off! is pretty common. Since the begin of the Risa event, I got them almost 10 times, but more often with the male dance instructor.

• sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    felderburg wrote: »
    Is there a video of what happens? Or is it just a confetti burst and extra lohls?

the visual is like the party popper, and you get 100 lolnuts. btw, you have nothing to do special, keep dancing normally, no need to do the dance (mix)
This discussion has been closed.