test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Recruiting events exhaustion

mikewallace#2209 mikewallace Member Posts: 106 Arc User
Can we spread out recruiting events intervals? There was KDF, then Delta and now Gamma which was all in less than six months...what gives?

Mr EP is not thinking wisely on this and now with summer event upon us makes it harder to keep on with the GRIND plus the regular mini events 9 Red alert and other campaings).

I understand there is NO true content added to STO since AoY or Discovery and lately just more grind after another. Perhaps more stories might do better than what we have currently. Great to have recruiting events but so far so many IMO.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Two of those were re-runs for those who missed them the previous times. This is something many players asked for.

Also, for all of the recruitment events you can play that character just enough to get the transponder, then stop. You can then spend as many years as you want completing the tasks. There is no deadline. Any excessive grinding was self-inflicted.

For other events, no one forces you to do more than the minimum number of days, like 20 for the summer event.

Relax a bit.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    There's no time limit or deadline to do these recruits. Just do tutorial and go as fast or as slow as you like.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,596 Arc User
    I'm with OP and I'm bowing out of the gamma event. I think they should only do 2/year max.
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    I'm with OP and I'm bowing out of the gamma event. I think they should only do 2/year max.

If you already have a Gamma recruit, you don't need to do anything.

If you don't, all you have to do during the event period is create a character and play the first few missions. You can stop as soon as you get the Golden Shiny Device and park the character for months or years.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    Repeating the recruitments is mainly for the new players who missed them the first time around. There is not much if anything new in the reruns so players can skip repeats they already have so there really isn't any fatigue to it. And the events are just starters anyway.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,017 Community Moderator
    If you already have a Gamma recruit, you don't need to do anything.

If you don't, all you have to do during the event period is create a character and play the first few missions. You can stop as soon as you get the Golden Shiny Device and park the character for months or years.

This right here. If you want to have a recruit, just play until you get the dohicky and boom... progress at your own pace, even outside the Recruitment event because you got the dohicky. And if you already have one from a previous run... maybe poke whatever new objectives were introduced as pre-existing recruits will get the updated objectives as well.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • khazlolkhazlol Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    Not even completed my original one from 2018. no stress :P
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    Also, one of my earlier recruits I did not like how were going, so I'm started fresh. No biggy.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • thewolfsterthewolfster Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    They should do these reruns once a year. Give new players a chance to get on the bandwaggon and allow older players who missed one to catch up.

As has been pointed out, you don't have to do any event ever. Nobody has a gun to your head. And with the recruit events as has been pointed out you only have to complete the tutorial in the window. Recruits are for life, not just a week.

Asking for them to be less frequent because you feel compelled to grind them out as fast as possible is just denying other people content because it doesn't suit your mood. Don't be that person.
  • doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,188 Arc User
    Can we spread out recruiting events intervals?
    Uhm, NO. Just because you have some fatigue doesn't mean everybody else has. I'm glad when I have something else to do besides Space Barbie.
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,017 Community Moderator
    They should do these reruns once a year. Give new players a chance to get on the bandwaggon and allow older players who missed one to catch up.

Here's the question though. Run one of the recruit events a year and rotate each year or run all of them? Because we have 4, so we could basically have one recruit event for each season of the year. Temporal's actually gonna get its very first rerun later this year after they do some work on the TOS content.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • thewolfsterthewolfster Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

Here's the question though. Run one of the recruit events a year and rotate each year or run all of them? Because we have 4, so we could basically have one recruit event for each season of the year. Temporal's actually gonna get its very first rerun later this year after they do some work on the TOS content.

Run all of them every year.

This discussion has been closed.