test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

starship traits unlock

sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
could you make a starship available for all the characters on an account when a character has already unlocked it. thx
it is really annoying to unlock again and again the same trait when you don't have a build for the ship + there is a malus when for example a fed character uses a rom ship, it takes way too many time to unlock the trait of this ship.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    That would be nice for account-unlocked ships.

It will never happen for ships owned by a single character like lock box and lobi ships, because that would cost Cryptic money.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User

It will never happen for ships owned by a single character like lock box and lobi ships, because that would cost Cryptic money.

Something I've suggested for the dil problem is a buyout system for traits, that would essentially accomplish the same thing but without negatively affecting premium ships since you'd need to have the ship on a character to buyout the trait.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User

indeed I was thinking of the zen ships. currently, I grind for the 5th time the same trait (improved gravity well), and wow! it is really boring.

Something I've suggested for the dil problem is a buyout system for traits, that would essentially accomplish the same thing but without negatively affecting premium ships since you'd need to have the ship on a character to buyout the trait.

That's a good idea, at least if it's fairly cheap. I'd probably give up 5,000-10,000 dil to skip the annoyance of setting up the gear and powers then doing patrols all in a ship I don't actually want to fly.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    And recently, having to fight with traits being removed entirely - every time they update a recruit, traits go missing...last time, it was just Hunter's Instincts, this time it's EVERY recruit reward trait.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    I have a similar problem with my new TOS toon, Hunter's Instincts is missing in the list but stuck in an active starship trait slot, I can't remove it. And i lost at least 2 other traits (the one from house peg'h, and improved critical system)
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    would already be enough if the first tier of the ship trait was switched with the last tier. That way, claiming the ship would unlock it for that character.
    Go pro or go home
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    it's not like it's hard to level ship traits. even on normal an hour or 2 of playing levels a ship to Tier 5. if you ahre good enough build-wise to play on advanced, it's even faster
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
    it's not like it's hard to level ship traits. even on normal an hour or 2 of playing levels a ship to Tier 5. if you ahre good enough build-wise to play on advanced, it's even faster

Yep, that's why I think the dil cost should be low, so that it's an impulse buy dil sink not something to think long and hard about like the vanity shields
This discussion has been closed.