test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Genesis pack + suggestion

crioijoulscrioijouls Member Posts: 141 Arc User
Hey guys,

First off, THANK YOU for this! I was wanting to eventually get the outfits for all my Federation characters, but was hard pressed to get that much Lobi together. You guys made that so much easier with this pack, and included some more Wrath of Khan themed items in.

I was impressed also at the very good rendering of the TWoK transporter beam effect for beaming in the Genesis Device, complete with the correct sound effects.

This pack has seriously piqued my curiosity, though... Does this mean there is a chance we may be seeing some more TMP / TWoK era (TOS-movie) content coming up in the near future? If so, one suggestion - for beaming-out using the TWoK effect, reverse graphical effects from how it appears for the beam-in, with the blue horizontal bars going toward the center, instead of away from.
Lifetime Subscriber since 2010
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,005 Community Moderator
    As of right now, Transporter Effects are hard coded to faction, so unless they can figure out how to get around that it is unlikely we will have vanity Transporter Effects.

And as far as I know... as of now every TMP era ship has been done, and even got a revamped model. We are short one shuttle though. And accurate firing sounds for the Assault Phaser Pistol.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    As of right now, Transporter Effects are hard coded to faction, so unless they can figure out how to get around that it is unlikely we will have vanity Transporter Effects.

And as far as I know... as of now every TMP era ship has been done, and even got a revamped model. We are short one shuttle though. And accurate firing sounds for the Assault Phaser Pistol.

It would be great if it's the TMP Vulcan Shuttle. It'd be cool if it had the Warp Sled fly in and attach itself to the Vulcan Shuttle as it prepares to go to Warp/Transwarp and then separates again when the Shuttle goes back into impulse/out of warp.
  • crioijoulscrioijouls Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    I guess one of the things I was kinda holding out hope for was maybe to create a character in the TMP / TWoK era, with that suggestion about the TWoK transporter effect. Such a character, it would be nice (but not necessary) to include the choice between that transporter effect and the one seen in Search for Spock and Undiscovered Country, which is similar to the current Klingon effect, except that it'd be blue and use the TWoK effect sound.

There would also be some uniforms that'd be appropriate for that, if such a thing happens:

Cadet uniform (as seen in Wrath of Khan, Search for Spock, Voyage Home, and Undiscovered Country)
    Duty Engineering jumpsuit (Like the 2293 Lobi store EV suit, minus the helmet)
    the command officer's "bomber jacket" (worn by Admiral Morrow in Search for Spock in the officer's lounge scene with Kirk, and then worn by Kirk in Final Frontier)
    Security Officer armored outfit

This would be in addition to the appropriate interiors, if such a thing were to come about. I would imagine that this would not be the first time anyone has suggested or requested stuff from the TOS movie-era.
    I'm not trying to cause trouble with these suggestions, so please don't think that. I want to think that there are times when themed packs may come out in advance of some new content related to said packs, and was just trying to help.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,005 Community Moderator
    I was actually thinking of the shuttle from Star Trek 5.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited June 2021
    That would be cool. Also the travel pod, seen in TMP and TWoK, that docks on the outer hull to an airlock... although that would not be armed at all, I don't think.
  • comdrconvoy#7369 comdrconvoy Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    The Star Trek III Merc ship as far as know is not in the game either.
    This is true. We also saw it in "Heart of Glory" (TNG-Season 1) and I think as a Cardassian freighter in the 2-parter DS9 about the Maquis
This discussion has been closed.