test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Will there be Excelsior Bridges Soonish?

kaloriaa4kaloriaa4 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
Why hasn't there been any bridges for Excelsiors? I recently bought a T6 Resolute Advanced Heavy Crusier. But can't find any Excelsior style bridges for it. Will there be at some point be Excelsior bridges?

The Excelsior class is one of my favorite type of Federation ships. I'm surprised there is no Bridges for the Excelsior Class with how long this class of ship been out.

Would like to see a Excelsior Bridge pack at some point so I can put the right style bridge on.

Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    westmetals wrote: »
    They've largely stopped making new bridges because "they don't sell".

Pretty much this, but its also a bit of a self furfilling prophecy due to the fact there really isn't much TO do there.

And as rayan said, we're more likely to get a Bridge or an interior if its also needed for a mission. Prime examples are the Galaxy and Intrepid interiors.

Although I still feel the Galaxy interior should have been part of a TNG pack like the DS9 and TOS ones. But that's just my opinion.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    It's a shame they won't throw us a bone by letting us link any bridge we own to any ship we own.

It's not like the ship tailor where parts won't fit and too much customization would lose them sales.

It's not hard since it's a simple link of an ID for the bridge map that they already support for the existing per-ship choice lists.

Especially now that everyone can fly every ship, why not let us use a KDF bridge on a Defiant or a fed bridge on a Vorgon ship?
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Even the Intrepid interiors are years old at this point.

Other than the Klingon tutorial one (which was done in January or so?), when was the last time we even saw a new bridge?

My point was... it is unlikely that any bridge not currently available, will ever exist. They seem to only make new bridges anymore if there's a lockbox/lobi/promo/event ship representing a new alien race. And I'm not sure we've even had any of those since early 2020.

I guess the issue has become a little more bothersome with the event of ships with bridge windows that allow us to see into the ship's bridge from the exterior. It is a little annoying to be able to see the unique bridge for that ship that way, but to know that there isn't an actual bridge map that matches it to beam onto.

I'm sure you know this, but there isn't a real bridge inside the ship model though. It's either a texture or a partial model.

• evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Other than the Klingon tutorial one (which was done in January or so?), when was the last time we even saw a new bridge?

The two Discovery bridges, though they can only be used on Disco ships (Crossfield bridge is even more restricted, it can only be used on a Crossfield). And those only got made because they were featured in the Disco missions.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • edrickvellorinedrickvellorin Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    There are some duty officer missions that are only accessible from ship interiors. A couple of those are outdated, but others aren't and can reward a decent amount of dil. As I recall, on Ten Forward, they've said making new bridges takes about as much time and effort as it does to make a ship, but they're not likely to be able to sell them for the same kind of money. I think it would be nice if they could find a way to make it easier for themselves to make bridges, but some stuff will just take time and effort regardless. When a bridge is made for a mission (like the Klingon tutorial bridge) then at least part of the work needed to make a player bridge is done.

On the other hand, I wonder what would happen if they could make and sell bridges for large amounts of dilithium?
  • kaloriaa4kaloriaa4 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    There are some duty officer missions that are only accessible from ship interiors. A couple of those are outdated, but others aren't and can reward a decent amount of dil. As I recall, on Ten Forward, they've said making new bridges takes about as much time and effort as it does to make a ship, but they're not likely to be able to sell them for the same kind of money. I think it would be nice if they could find a way to make it easier for themselves to make bridges, but some stuff will just take time and effort regardless. When a bridge is made for a mission (like the Klingon tutorial bridge) then at least part of the work needed to make a player bridge is done.

On the other hand, I wonder what would happen if they could make and sell bridges for large amounts of dilithium?

Would the devs still make money on Dilithium bought Bridges?
    kaloriaa4 wrote: »

It couldn't be worse than what they make on Zen bridges. In a livestream awhile back they got on the topic of bridges, they used the Galaxy bridge as an example and explained that they put a lot of effort into making it look as good as possible, they couldn't give exact sales figures but they heavily implied that it was a massive flop in terms of sales.
    eaY7Xxu.png
    kaloriaa4 wrote: »

They give away all dil earned in the game for free, so not directly.

The only money they make from dil is through the dil exchange, when people spend zen to buy dil earned by other people.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    They've largely stopped making new bridges because "they don't sell".

Pretty much this, but its also a bit of a self furfilling prophecy due to the fact there really isn't much TO do there.

And as rayan said, we're more likely to get a Bridge or an interior if its also needed for a mission. Prime examples are the Galaxy and Intrepid interiors.

Although I still feel the Galaxy interior should have been part of a TNG pack like the DS9 and TOS ones. But that's just my opinion.

If they made duty officer and admiralty assignments only accessible from inside your ship...

But ultimately, there's just no reason to visit the ship bridge. In fact, aside from the few missions that force you to use the feature, how many players would even know ship bridges exist, that you even can visit them? For my part, whenever I do one of those missions, I have a "That's right, you can do that!" moment, and then it passes, and I go about whatever I was doing before.

Personally, I go to the bridge to do DOff missions that I can't do on regular maps, like Tribbles experimentation and other scientific inquiry, working on blueprints of torpedo and cannon platforms, having the chef and bartender whip up something different for me, creating healing hypos and personal shield repairs, etc. All of which help my characters progress to the 4th tier.

I wish there were more missions that can be completed there, such as Diplomacy missions. Usually the ones linked to the Commodity Merchants don't work (maybe they used to when that was the place to go after they got rid of the 'Exploration Maps', but they don't work now a days). Ship Counseling and Prisoner Interrogations seem like minor missions, so I've skipped those.

I also pop in to use the account bank. I'd rather be able to access the personal bank, but I guess that's what the merchant ships are for.
    It would be nice if more features were made inside the bridge. But I'm getting into roleplay with friends I just wish bridge had more functionality.

Also it would be nice if it was like player housing in the Captain's Quarters where you can move furniture, plants and whatever decoration around at will maby someday.

For now it would be nice if more bridge became available to purchase. I would buy the Excelsior bridge pack rather with Dil or Zen or even in Lobi Crystal shop.

If you make it so every bridge can have special features it would be more popular product.

Now here's the question... which VERSION of the Excelsior Bridge? Technically she had two. Are we talking the ST3 or ST6 version?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Now here's the question... which VERSION of the Excelsior Bridge? Technically she had two. Are we talking the ST3 or ST6 version?

IF they did one, I'd want Sulu's bridge myself.
    eaY7Xxu.png
    Honestly that one would probably be the more popular one anyways.
    Also @evilmark444 love the sig. Fitting name for one of those things. ;) Would have loved to get the Romulan Balance Bird but... eh... not hurting for cruisers anymore. lol
    edited June 2021

All of them put in a pack on Zen store or Lobi Store. All the other classic ships have bridges in a pack of 3-4. Why not Excelsior? If you want to count the two new variants resolute and repulse why not add them too?

Galaxy has bridges- TNG
    Constitution has bridges- Original Star trek.
    Intrepid has bridges- Voyager
    Defiant has bridges- DS9.

Why has the Excelsior been left out it? It was used in Captain Sulu and also used in the Star Trek movies with Kirk.

The one that Sulu used would be popular as well I think. I think that bridge type would sell well actually.
    Why has it been left out? It wasn't targeted to be left out. Ship Bridges/Interiors don't really sell well except for RP purposes due to the fact that there isn't much to do inside a ship 99% of the time. Cryptic has said they're not going to make a full interior unless its also used in a story mission now due to the time it takes to make them. They can't really justify the expense when the return will, historically speaking, be less than the investment put into it.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    Part of the reason they don't sell well is that they generally cost as much as a ship and most are locked to certain ships. It makes it a niche within a niche within a niche, roleplayers who want a particular ship and who can afford to spend between $50 to $60 (or much much more for some ships like the Constitution) get that ship and the bridge.

If they allowed any bridge you own to go in any ship the bridge packs would probably sell better (though many would probably buy only one or two).

Well... all the C-Store ones can be put on just about any ship already. I can slap the Intrepid or Galaxy interior on a Defiant or my TOS Connie. Any ship without a hardlocked bridge can switch between any of the C-Store ones.

Its not the accessability that's the problem. Its the lack of things to DO outside of RP. And even then... except for the full interiors, only the Bridge is different. The lower decks are all the same depending on the layout you choose.
  • horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    I thought the TOS interior was amazing. Not much to do but even when I'm grabbing junk in sector space from the account bank I still love having a run around. Sadly, they are a lot of work. Wish there was more purpose to interiors that would justify development but unlikely. If they ever did experiment with housing I'd hope they would focus on ship interiors and not lame houses.
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

This discussion has been closed.