test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Disappearing admiralty cards

wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
Several admiralty cards that I use regularly have vanished from my roster on my KDF recruit, nor do they reappear when I reclaim the ship - JH Dreadnought carrier, JH strike ship, Cardassian Galor class cruiser among them although there could be more and I'm just not seeing them because I don't use them as frequently. Similarly, I haven't noticed missing cards on other alts from among cards I use frequently, but that doesn't mean there aren't any.

Any insights into the problem.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,637 Arc User
    I've had issues with cards being way out of place, but not missing entirely. Stuff like the Event DSDs are usually in there clump of three Ignore +/- Sci, but recently I had where one wasn't with the other two. I had only started one mission prior to that, and hadn't used it yet. Looking around, it was up several spaces higher in the scroll with regular permanent cards in between. I could see it easily if it was 1x cards moving things by being inbetween, but this wasn't touching any, and odd that it'd split the three near-identical cards anyways. I think it still might be related to the 1x cards, as the problem seems to occur more often when I have a lot, but when they're not in between I have to wonder how they're interacting with the sort to cause that kind of issue.
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    They can get disorganized and out of their normal order, but disappearing entirely I've never seen. Unless you're missing them because they are on cooldown or accidentally unchecked one of the filter boxes, I can't imagine how they would actually disappear.

The only other thing I can think of is that you didn't actually claim them. Those you mention specifically need to be claimed the old fashioned way, by commissioning the ship. And if you claim then dismiss immediately, it may have been done too fast to get the admiralty card since the server can be really slow on that sometimes.
  • Options
    jozen#9312 jozen Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    They can get disorganized and out of their normal order, but disappearing entirely I've never seen. Unless you're missing them because they are on cooldown or accidentally unchecked one of the filter boxes, I can't imagine how they would actually disappear.

The only other thing I can think of is that you didn't actually claim them. Those you mention specifically need to be claimed the old fashioned way, by commissioning the ship. And if you claim then dismiss immediately, it may have been done too fast to get the admiralty card since the server can be really slow on that sometimes.

This is your most likely scenario. Many T5 and T5U ships from the Cstore need to be manually claimed, and you may have to wait a few seconds or mess with your menus to get them to register properly.
  • Options
    jozen#9312 jozen Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    Almost all small craft will not auto-populate either.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    1. Unclaimed ships -- I have some event ships that didn't auto-unlock for my KDF recruit and needed to be claimed manually
    2. Maintenance. A 4-hour mission + 18 hour cooldown could mean the ship is in maintenance
    3. 1-time cards
    4. (not sure if this is true) other-faction cards if you don't have a level 65 KDF alt yet
  • Options
    starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    "However, once you *DO* force the server to add missing cards to the roster, subsequent ships you acquire should then correctly be added to your roster immediately. How do you Force Server to do this?
  • Options
    AS noted, I specifically reclaimed all the ships and the cards did not reappear.

I also scanned the admiralty ship roster and did not see them.

Not that I need them. It's more just inconvenient since I use them frequently when doing admiralty. But, there are plenty of others I could use.
  • Options
    authuriousauthurious Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    At present count I'm missing two ships The Risian Weather control ship and the Alliance raider. Both ships just disappeared out of my roster. I've tried to reclaim the ships in hopes of getting the cards for both ships. No improvement. The ships just aren't in my roster anymore. My alts still have both ships for use.
  • Options
    authurious wrote: »
    At present count I'm missing two ships The Risian Weather control ship and the Alliance raider. Both ships just disappeared out of my roster. I've tried to reclaim the ships in hopes of getting the cards for both ships. No improvement. The ships just aren't in my roster anymore. My alts still have both ships for use.

While it didn't seem to work for me, I've heard that if you (re)claim the ship, then change maps before dismissing the ship, it'll appear in the roster.
  • Options
    authuriousauthurious Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    authurious wrote: »

While it didn't seem to work for me, I've heard that if you (re)claim the ship, then change maps before dismissing the ship, it'll appear in the roster.

Just tried it and that appears to have resolved the issue for me. Cheers.
This discussion has been closed.