test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

END ACCOUNT RESTRICTIONS

lifesagelifesage Member Posts: 33 Arc User
REMOVE THE SHARED BANK ACCOUNT RESTRICTIONS!

This is the biggest and most STUPID change that has been made to the game. For YEARS we have had no limits on our character builds and now you people have removed our freedom to make a build the way WE want it right from the start!!
Why make it so that we can reclaim stuff to use any time, or unlock T6 ships after tutorial and then turn around and BLOCK access to share bank accounts until you have FORCED the completion on certain content?!

Jem's have TRIBBLE gear, no one really likes it and we all want the freedom to have the gear we like. But you want to force us into finishing ALL of the Gamma content, which can be difficult at times being overwhelmed by Hurq, and all on crappy gear?!
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    lifesage wrote: »
    Jem's have TRIBBLE gear, no one really likes it and we all want the freedom to have the gear we like. But you want to force us into finishing ALL of the Gamma content, which can be difficult at times being overwhelmed by Hurq, and all on crappy gear?!

You don't have to finish ALL the gamma content, the account bank unlocks after you finish "Storm Clouds Gather". And it's not a stupid change either, there was a major economy exploit that involved people who stayed in the past or didn't choose a faction so as annoying as it is, and I agree that it is VERY annoying, it was unfortunately necessary for them to remove access to the account bank and queue system.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    I was surprised when my new Romulan delta recruit on xbox couldn't access the bank until after choosing a faction, but that didn't take too long and gear doesn't matter at low levels. It's annoying but not a big deal.

Cryptic has added restrictions like this and the wait before claiming recruit boxes because they prevent farming exploits or problems with the character. At least in the past there has always been a reason.
  • joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    Oh no, you actually have to play the game longer than five seconds to access features. It's obviously dying.
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    joshmaul wrote: »
    Oh no, you actually have to play the game longer than five seconds to access features. It's obviously dying.

I would point out that 20-hours *PLAYED* (as in, active in the game, not just since being created) for a Jem'hadar character to get recruit rewards is kind of ridiculous. I can unlock pretty much the entirety of every other captain's account rewards in a few hours. So why do Jem'hadar captains have to wait almost ten times longer?

The 20 hour requirement is because Jem'hadar toons start at level 60. If this restriction wasn't in place folks could login on the toon after choosing a faction, claim the rewards, kill the toon and start over several times over and have nigh infinite resources. The 20 hour requirement is meant to be a deterrent to that sort of thing. Before you ask, yes there were people who tried to do that.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,213 Arc User
    joshmaul wrote: »

I would point out that 20-hours *PLAYED* (as in, active in the game, not just since being created) for a Jem'hadar character to get recruit rewards is kind of ridiculous. I can unlock pretty much the entirety of every other captain's account rewards in a few hours. So why do Jem'hadar captains have to wait almost ten times longer?

The 20 hour requirement is because Jem'hadar toons start at level 60. If this restriction wasn't in place folks could login on the toon after choosing a faction, claim the rewards, kill the toon and start over several times over and have nigh infinite resources. The 20 hour requirement is meant to be a deterrent to that sort of thing. Before you ask, yes there were people who tried to do that.

I don't think they're arguing against A time restriction. The issue is the 20 hour requirement is far FAR FAR too much. You would have to dedicate an insane amount of time to achieve that play time, on what for most people would just be an alternate toon. Sure you can do something like "game it" by running in place for hours and hours until they hit that mark but 20 hours is simply ridiculous.

I would say 10 hours is more reasonable but still pretty ridiculous. I understand the reasons for it, of course people would've exploited the reobtainable resources. But they've gone too far with the restriction.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,999 Arc User
    I can level a captain to 60 in a ~4 hours...
    Oh, please let us see that. Do record a video and upload it somewhere for us to confirm you took only 4 hours.
    I have serious doubts on anyone making such a claim - even if there's a a double XP event on and you have XP bonus items, I really don't think you can do it in 4 hours.

Getting a captain to level 20 to claim the account unlocks at a Temporal Agent can likely be done in 4 hours with a XP event.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I can level a captain to 60 in a ~4 hours...
    Oh, please let us see that. Do record a video and upload it somewhere for us to confirm you took only 4 hours.
    I have serious doubts on anyone making such a claim - even if there's a a double XP event on and you have XP bonus items, I really don't think you can do it in 4 hours.

Getting a captain to level 20 to claim the account unlocks at a Temporal Agent can likely be done in 4 hours with a XP event.

I would not be surprised at all if it's possible to level to 60 that quickly, during the most recent XP weekend I leveled three characters to 65 in one day by using XP bonus items and running nonstop patrols.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    Leveling to 65 in just 4 hours sounds about right if you really hit the grind - if you want a bit slower but significantly less effort expended, just use a full suite of Research Assignment doff missions - any of them give huge chunks of XP, plus the possibility of some dil if you finish a full set, and more if you crit a full set.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User

This is the biggest and most STUPID change that has been made to the game. For YEARS we have had no limits on our character builds and now you people have removed our freedom to make a build the way WE want it right from the start!!
    Why make it so that we can reclaim stuff to use any time, or unlock T6 ships after tutorial and then turn around and BLOCK access to share bank accounts until you have FORCED the completion on certain content?!

I'm old school. I paid a subscription before this game went free to play.

You are actially making demands. And expressing disapointment that things are not to your exact liking... and... you say, you are being 'forced' into 'finishing' content that has been provided to you, absolutely free.

I have zero sympathy.

• equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    If it was just 20 hours after creation, nobody would bat an eye. But you have actually PLAY a Jem'hadar captain for 20 hours

So you want that 'special fuzzy feeling' of being a unique Jem Hadar Solider. You just don't actually want to put any effort into actually PLAYING your 'unique Jem Hadar Soldier.

You basicly want everything to be bent towards your own wants, and needs. Sounds about right, comparing this to the rest of your posts.

• lashedtodeck#3095 lashedtodeck Member Posts: 47 Arc User

I'm going to ignore people that are negative here and just say this, If you have spent on a lifetime subscription then you do not get restricted, otherwise why spend money on a game to have all that you have. I built up my Gem's by completing everything first in the ship which I was given free, and yes that was fun, but if people want to unlock things and have them across their account then the work must be put in for that.

We all have choices but if you pay for something and you are not getting that service for which you have paid for then why spend your money on the game at all?
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    > @lifesage said:

> Jem's have TRIBBLE gear, no one really likes it and we all want the freedom to have the gear we like. But you want to force us into finishing ALL of the Gamma content, which can be difficult at times being overwhelmed by Hurq, and all on crappy gear?!

What? A vanilla Jem’hadar does like 20k DPS easy. All you really need to do is change the power levels (full power weapons). I would also run “Storm Clouds Gather” a few times and switch the beam arrays for some DHCs—but that is just me. Maybe drop some Phoenix upgrades on the shields and fore-cannons (you gotta do something with that dilithium since we can’t trade it for zen!)—but he comes out of the box plenty powerful enough to get through all the story content, easily.

Also...in terms of workarounds, does anyone know if the mail account blocked too?
This discussion has been closed.