• smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,667 Arc User
    Forgot another factor....

.....GREED.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited June 2021

.....GREED.

A typically short sided and ignorant reply.

Anytime anyone wants to sell something for the established and widely accepted market value and dares to make a coin or two on the transaction.. it's greed.

Are there people that fit the mold? sure.. you could argue that finding something on the exchange that is only available in a limited quantity, buying up that quantity and then re-listing it at the inflated price is greedy.. sure.

But spending hundreds of millions on keys to win a ship and then selling it to make up your losses and hopefully make a little on top is not greed. It's hilarious how little some people understand about exchange sales. People selling promo ships aren't making nearly as much as you think they are. In fact, most times.. unless you get really lucky with RnG, most people selling ships barely break even.

But sure.. you just keep sitting back in the shadows crying about everything you don't have an lashing out at those that do. That seems to fit your agenda nicely.

You take to the victim mentality like a fish to water.
    Insert witty signature line here.

.....GREED.

Anytime anyone wants to sell something for the established and widely accepted market value and dares to make a coin or two on the transaction.. it's greed.

Are there people that fit the mold? sure.. you could argue that finding something on the exchange that is only available in a limited quantity, buying up that quantity and then re-listing it at the inflated price is greedy.. sure.

But spending hundreds of millions on keys to win a ship and then selling it to make up your losses and hopefully make a little on top is not greed. It's hilarious how little some people understand about exchange sales. People selling promo ships aren't making nearly as much as you think they are. In fact, most times.. unless you get really lucky with RnG, most people selling ships barely break even.

But sure.. you just keep sitting back in the shadows crying about everything you don't have an lashing out at those that do. That seems to fit your agenda nicely.

Look around the world, it's greed that makes this world the tribble hole it is.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg

.....GREED.

ive said this before and got lambasted for it.

Looks like I have just been lambasted. *points above*
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited June 2021

.....GREED.

Possibly but this isn't greed here its basic supply and demand which is not greed. Its not even pure inflation as there is plenty of deflation as well depending on what we are looking at. While there is certainly inflation compared to 4+ years ago what I have noticed over the past year or two is more deflation at least in the areas I trade in.

• evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User

.....GREED.

People aren't going to sell things for a loss unless they need it gone and that's the only way to get rid of it. Expenses + a reasonable mark up is not greed, it's the fair market price.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    For what it's worth, I put up a nice chunk of dil yesterday and it had sold when I logged in today. Less than 24 hours isn't a big deal, but if that time frame grows to weeks-months like Neverwinter that would be a completely different story. Hopefully they will do something to prevent that from happening.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Same here Nagus. 20k zen where suddenly available to buy Sunday morning. Was fast enough to get enough for the bundle going all Kruge:

GIVE ME GENESIS!!!!
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Same here Nagus. 20k zen where suddenly available to buy Sunday morning. Was fast enough to get enough for the bundle going all Kruge:

GIVE ME GENESIS!!!!

Congrats.. I was starting to worry that you didn't have enough ships. :lol:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    > @seaofsorrows said:
    > Congrats.. I was starting to worry that you didn't have enough ships. :lol:

Don’t worry. All ships are mine for as long as I can get them with a working exchange. :#
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
This discussion has been closed.