test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dilithium Exchange Maxed Out

Comments

• trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    husanakx wrote: »
    If they really wanted to sink dill all they have to do is put more stuff in the phoenix box.

It doesn't sink anymore because it hasn't had anything new added to it for ages. All it is is a upgrade box. No one cares all that much about the gold phoenix tokens. I mean why better event ships can be had in the mudd store as account unlocks.

If they actually want to drop dil back to the 450 mark and hold it their. They could make the gold tickets account unlocks... and start adding the less tempting lobi ships to the box even if they are not account unlock it would help. Their are a bunch of early lobi ships that are not going to be big sellers in mudd choice packs (and cryptic has lots of lockbox/promo ships to fill mudd packs with for years yet).

Lobi ships should start being account unlock via Phoenix gold tickets. Add one new ship every 2-3 months. That one change would keep the dill in the 400-500 range perm. AND it would actually make Cryptic more money then putting those low value lobi ships in the Mudd packs. Their are people that would buy Dill with $$$ to take a swing at a gold ticket to unlock a lobi ship. Its a win win win for Cryptic. But its still cryptic I won't hold my breath. lol

In reality they have to have a way for veteran players who have established assembly lines for dilithium over a decade to not clash with newer players in the exchange. Its when multiple groups of veteran players all are attracted to some high value target like this genesis pack its going to destroy the exchange whenever that happens. So yeah these are great ideas that NEED to happen for the games sake as well as Cryptic's. So they need to hurry up and do it before my epic tokens decompose.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    A perfect Holding for the Starbase is a Fleet Sinkhole. You get it to begin with and donate Dilithium to it infinitely. You get nothing back but if Fleet members don't donate at least 8k (amongst them not each) Dilithium a day, an item is removed from a random Fleet Store, which can only return upon donation of 16k Dilithium. :)
    Post edited by ltminns on
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    I made sure to forward this thread and one other to Kael yesterday. I think he, like all of us, was actually shocked that it happened at all.

I'll try to keep you guys posted if I hear anything.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I made sure to forward this thread and one other to Kael yesterday. I think he, like all of us, was actually shocked that it happened at all.

I'm confused why anyone would be shocked about this happening? It's clearly been coming for some time, and despite certain differences has happened in other Cryptic games. But anyway, hopefully they can figure something out for both the short term and long term.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    We've always managed to recover in the past in some form or another, and there's always been Zen on the market for everyone to get.

I may not be pessimistic about it, but at least we can agree that something needs to be done. Besides... doom and gloom all the time kinda drags everyone down. Need some kind of balance right? ;)

I'm not going to assign blame or intent behind all this. Fact of the matter is we don't have anything other than opinions and theories. No HARD evidence. So we should probably pull back on trying to say things as a fact when... we really don't know one way or the other. We know in the past the Devs have said that the exchange rates are too high.

And before anyone points out events and sales... Most of those are pre-scheduled. Its not like there some guy sitting at some kind of master control center going "Oh I think I should turn this on and see what kind of chaos it causes *flips switch on a sale*".

We've had reactionary Phoenix Events in the past, but that's about it.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

I'm confused why anyone would be shocked about this happening? It's clearly been coming for some time, and despite certain differences has happened in other Cryptic games. But anyway, hopefully they can figure something out for both the short term and long term.

Once again, I find myself in agreement with you on this.

I don’t understand how Kael could have possibly been ‘shocked,’ since it was obviously coming for a long time. Also, as said above, it’s already happened in Neverwinter, so it’s not even the first time they have seen this issue.

I assumed that they knew and didn’t care, it sounds like I am making light of them but that’s actually defending them. Either they knew about it and opted not to act, or they honestly had no idea this could happen which would frankly make them clueless and out of touch to a laughable degree. When I say that they knew and they were fine with it, that was me giving them the benefit of the doubt. If they are really surprised by this, then for the first time ever, I will admit that this game is actually in serious trouble.

No one can be that tone deaf to the state of their own game.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • solidshark214solidshark214 Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    And before anyone points out events and sales... Most of those are pre-scheduled. Its not like there some guy sitting at some kind of master control center going "Oh I think I should turn this on and see what kind of chaos it causes *flips switch on a sale*".

We've had reactionary Phoenix Events in the past, but that's about it.

They may be pre-scheduled, but the trend has been going long enough that it should've been noticed at least a year ago. Near-constant sales for the past couple of years have steadily pushed the exchange rate up, with only very brief dips that generally vanished within a day or two at most.

I admit to being surprised that the exchange is literally empty, but it hitting 500:1 and staying there was something I saw coming early last year, if not earlier.
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User

Once again, I find myself in agreement with you on this.

I don’t understand how Kael could have possibly been ‘shocked,’ since it was obviously coming for a long time. Also, as said above, it’s already happened in Neverwinter, so it’s not even the first time they have seen this issue.

I assumed that they knew and didn’t care, it sounds like I am making light of them but that’s actually defending them. Either they knew about it and opted not to act, or they honestly had no idea this could happen which would frankly make them clueless and out of touch to a laughable degree. When I say that they knew and they were fine with it, that was me giving them the benefit of the doubt. If they are really surprised by this, then for the first time ever, I will admit that this game is actually in serious trouble.

No one can be that tone deaf to the state of their own game.

Yeah, we've seen this coming for a long while now - even here on the forum we've got multiple threads over the past year alone, if you don't wanna go further back, in which we speculate about possible solutions and stuff like that to get the DilEx back down to a more reasonable state, from an increased refining cap (which would be just as disastrous as a 750 cap or more) to new fleet holding and basically every other suggestion you can see in this very thread.
    To say that they are shocked would mean that they have had their heads under the sand for a long time.

That said, I agree with the ones that have pointed out how this is not the devs plans at all, but rather of the people in charge.
    Do I think they actively manipulated the DilEx to get to this point? Not really.
    Do I think they knew that a capped DilEx would be bad, especially after Neverwinter suffered the same fate, but did not care to course correct because, ultimately, this means that more people will buy Zen with actual cash? Absolutely.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    Well TRIBBLE I'm screwed if I ever want Zen, there's no way I'm paying 500 Dil for 1 measly Zen, this is all PC's fault for spiking up the economy, and don't LTS get 500 Zen a month, I'm willing to trade Gold Pressed Latium in exchange for Zen.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    there's no way I'm paying 500 Dil for 1 measly Zen

Well then good news.. because currently.. you can't. :lol:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Its not really a surprise when the dev cut the biggest Dilithium sink in game in half. The biggest removal of Dilithium was upgrading gear and the permeant feature of Phoenix was a double hit to Dilithium. First it means gear can be upgraded for a fraction of the amount of Dilithium as before.

2nd now its permeant gone is the need to gamble 1+million Dilithium during a limited time window to try to gain the top tokens which leads to people spending even less Dilithium overall. The 100% uptime on Phoenix has been terrible for the Dilithium market.

I always found that year odd when this change came about the devs where talking about Dilithium sinks and how we need them while there actions was to reduce/remove Dilithium sinks. So the devs shouldn’t be shocked they created this and enough of us warned them about it.

At the same time as this we now have the 100% event uptime which means a consent massive flow of daily Dilithium. Its got that silly I see it as a meaningless resource now just like marks. Dilithium comes in at such high and silly numbers players cannot possibly refine it fast enough. I don't even care about Dilithium or mark rewards for TFO's anymore as they are so utterly pointless due to all the changes the devs have made.

What did the devs expect when they massively increased Dilithium income while massively reduceing Dilithium outgoings.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    (flame/troll post removed) - darkbladejk
    Post edited by darkbladejk on
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
    edited June 2021
    (response to redacted material removed) - darkbladejk

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I usually only sell Zen, so.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    (flame/troll post removed) - darkbladejk
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    Its not really a surprise when the dev cut the biggest Dilithium sink in game in half. The biggest removal of Dilithium was upgrading gear and the permeant feature of Phoenix was a double hit to Dilithium. First it means gear can be upgraded for a fraction of the amount of Dilithium as before.

2nd now its permeant gone is the need to gamble 1+million Dilithium during a limited time window to try to gain the top tokens which leads to people spending even less Dilithium overall. The 100% uptime on Phoenix has been terrible for the Dilithium market.
    Except most people weren't using the lower tier upgrades that are dil inefficient. They were waiting for a Phoenix event to buy a lot of phoenix upgrades, and then waiting for an upgrade event to actually use them. That, or they were stocking up on Omega upgrades during the anniversary event, and then waiting for an upgrade event to use them. So no, they didn't cut the biggest sink in half. People are spending the same amount of dil to upgrade things as they were before, because people were only really using the Phoenix or Omega upgrades before anyways. And Cryptic cut out the ability to trade omega traces a few years ago, meaning people are using less omega upgrades, and more Phoenix ones, so dil use for upgrades has gone up slightly.

Likewise, now that its always on it means people can spend millions of dil to gain the top tokens any time they want... giving more people more the availability to spend tons of dil at any point they want, rather then just limited windows.

The 100% uptime on the Phoenix boxes caused one of the biggest dips in the Dil market in recent history. It was one of the more effective things they did at keeping the dil market down. Had they not done it people would have been sitting on larger piles of dil far longer, meaning we would have reached this point even sooner.

I might be alone in this, but I've stopped bothering to grind for Omega upgrades now that Phoenix boxes are always available. So I spend more dil on Phoenix now than before not the same or less.
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    “ They were waiting for a Phoenix event to buy a lot of phoenix upgrades, and then waiting for an upgrade event to actually use them. That, or they were stocking up on Omega upgrades during the anniversary event, and then waiting for an upgrade event to use them. So no, they didn't cut the biggest sink in ha”
    I don’t believe that is accurate at all, sure some people did it but that doesn’t represent the wider player base at all. They did cut the biggest sink in half so many people now can upgrade a set amount of gear for something like half the amount of Dilithium that they used to. 100% Phoenix uptime has reduced my Dilithium outgoing by something like 1 million a year. I now sit on something like 1 million extra Dilithium per year due to this change and I know plenty of others are in a similar situation. Before this change my Dilithium was stable with outgoing just about matching income, since the Phoenix change my Dilithium stock has been building up to silly levels. I spotted this happening and said it at the time the change went live. Fast forward and I was correct. The Phoenix change was not a Dilithium sink, it reduced Dilithium outflow.

“Likewise, now that its always on it means people can spend millions of dil to gain the top tokens any time they want... giving more people more the availability to spend tons of dil at any point they want, rather then just limited windows.”
    It also means people who used to drop big loads of 2million+ Dilithium in the limited time windows are now not spending millions of Dilithium causing Dilithium to build up even faster. We warned about this when the change went live and it happened. More availability has decreased the need to spend extra Dilithium and more availability has removed the need to overspend Dilithium. Without the overspend we are spending less Dilithium.

“The 100% uptime on the Phoenix boxes caused one of the biggest dips in the Dil market in recent history. It was one of the more effective things they did at keeping the dil market down. “
    A spike doesn’t automatically collate to more total Dilithium leaving the market over time. It was one of the less effective things they did as overtime less Dilithium was spent upgrading gear and less Dilithium left the game due to gear upgrades. While there was a spike that was only because the players were taking advantage of upgrading more gear for less Dilithium. Not got time to look at precise numbers so to use inaccurate numbers as an example instead of spending 2million Dilithiun upgrading over the year we spent 1million and we did it all at the start making a spike. But overall spent less Dilithium over the year on upgrades. I have been monitoring crafted upgrades and sales have plummeted as widespread players have swapped to Phoenix to upgrade gear for less Dilithium. As one one of the players who took part in that spike and I can 100% say I have spent less Dilithium upgrading the same amount gear over the year causing less Dilithium to leave the game. So the spike doesn't prove its good. If anything the spike shows how bad Phoenix was as widespread players swapped to upgrading with a lower Dilithium usage per item. All Phoenix did was lower the Dilithium usage per item upgrade causing less Dilithium per item to leave the game.

“Had they not done it people would have been sitting on larger piles of dil far longer, meaning we would have reached this point even sooner.”
    I disagree as that change has meant many people like myself are sitting on far larger piles of Dilithium for far longer and the change of 100% Phoenix has meant we hit the current situation faster than if they didn’t do that change. Due to 100% Phoenix uptime many of us are sitting on silly amounts of Dilithium that otherwise would have been spent. Phoenix was never a Dilithium sink, it reduced the outgoing flow of Dilithium making the situation worse. For many players 100% Phoenix uptime was a big reduction in the amount of Dilithium leaving our toons causing us to overflow in Dilithium and now sit on larger piles of Dilithium.
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,777 Arc User

maybe give LTS more than 500 Zen so we can buy it off them, while this is going on I'm going to go back to Dilithium farming until this boils down, I almost have 1000 Zen and I want the 23rd century bridge bundle for my next temporal agent.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    maybe give LTS more than 500 Zen so we can buy it off them

That would just give me more zen, it doesn't give me any reason to sell it for dilithium.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    As mentioned elsewhere, we hear everyone's concerns and we're actively looking for solutions. This didn't exactly catch us by surprise, but implementing new plans to help has been slower going.

I've passed on ideas from this thread, Twitter and Reddit on how to help.
    As mentioned elsewhere, we hear everyone's concerns and we're actively looking for solutions. This didn't exactly catch us by surprise, but implementing new plans to help has been slower going.

I've passed on ideas from this thread, Twitter and Reddit on how to help.

That's cool, thanks for responding. I'm glad this seems to be a priority now.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • aftulusaftulus Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    mysonne1 wrote: »
    We need to be able to modify/upgrade your own starship interior/exterior/weapons/consoles all with Dilithium. Customizations/quarters/holodecks/10fd's .... This is Star Trek .. why dont we have the ability to do MORE on our starships? 1/2 the content has been missing for over 10 years

We need it to be more than dilithium. It should all be hashed out in an RP sense first that makes sense from the story worlds perspective. Then see what goes where. Dilithium might work for a lot of things though as it could be related to ferengi and the black market or at least a secondary market. But, yea, basically. We need the whole world hashed our in a more fun way. I put an idea back a bit to reuse the empire instance like how the klingon teritory used to be seperate to do more indepth trade game with different mechanics and maybe more stars. It could be used to do more economic game like classic trade games. Then they could make the same territories for other species. Even different ones within other ones for more specific markets. These could have different currencies and you have to trade currencies like a currencie trade market. This could itself be a game as there would be even more markets to play in. They could all have dil and other things involved in varying ways. Or some coudl outlaw it. Depends on the story elements. A ferengi, cardasian, romulan, klingon, sub federation markets could be fun. And they could have gameplay based on trading, add cargo/cargo ships to everything, and combat related courier missions etc. It's not like any of this is new to video games. And they have lots of room to add it. Just a bunch of hard drive space in the end.

If they add enough gameplay they might even be able to make the dil market not be on constant inflation mode and go up and down within it's range.

In the process of this they can add a new tab in the inventory screen called cargo. It is like the tab for research and has different volume per ship or something. It only holds certain items. It combined with cargo combat missions/realities would give more reason to make ships with defense as you would want to defend yourself potentially while carrying cargo to markets. it could use various video game logic. Either live enemies or FF drop down combat instancing. Potentially a mix of things. It could also invovle the existing random stuff where if you get in combat people doing tfo's can be pulled in randomly like a tfo to defend you in certain types of combat scenarios related to life maps. Same with other existing patrol logic. There could even be a patrol specifically for player patrols. 8) And players using enemies to over crowd and kill you could logically be part of the game logic. That is why you would want to make tank ships for trade.
  • xividaxxividax Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    ...No one can be that tone deaf to the state of their own game.

Thanks, I needed a laugh after what I've been going through.
  • aftulusaftulus Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    xividax wrote: »
    ...No one can be that tone deaf to the state of their own game.

Thanks, I needed a laugh after what I've been going through.

He's technically right. It is not logically a matter of not knowing. Whatever they are doing it should be assumed to be doing knowledgeably. Or the game literally couldn't physically exist.
This discussion has been closed.