test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Gamma Quadrant Needs You!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Starting next week, Captains on PC can make a Gamma Recruit by making a new Jem'Hadar character!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11489673

Comments

• inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,933 Arc User
    These updates have already sneaked onto Console STO. Looking forward to them on PC too.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • awesomeweaselawesomeweasel Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    on the xboxwe can already see the changes but there is error's with the changes:
    - for the 45 specialization - in the description it still says spends 90 specialization point but right below that it also says spend 45?
    - for the reputation for the one that you need to have 10 of them to teir 5 the description says you need 10 but on the main button it still says teir 5 x12
    - for the reputation for getting one to teir 6 the description is correct bot the button says teir 5
    - for the rank of doing swarm 5x it seems to not be working as i have already completed 12 of them.

also for the rank where you have to do 100 tfo's can we please get a counter for that because i swear ive done way more than 100 and i still have not completed it?
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    I'm hoping that if/when Vorta are added to the faction (yes, I know it's the Jem'Hadar, not the Dominion faction), that they'll bring back the Gamma Recruit event for that (rather than the Vorta missing out on it).
  • baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    Will this event be coming to consoles a bit later?
  • felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    Is there a reason Klingon recruits also have the 5xSwarm requirement? I've wondered about that for a bit, and now it's especially weird given that the Jem'Hadar have it because they're the 'first line of defense against the Hurq'.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    I am thrilled for the people who have been asking for this to replay, but :/ I don't have any free Character slots. Used them up during the Delta Recruitment drive.

Honestly, I have not used my Gamma Guy since I finished Home with him. That said, Quark's Lucky Seven is the best, funnest episode of the series. :smiley:
    Post edited by zedbrightlander1 on
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    felderburg wrote: »
    Is there a reason Klingon recruits also have the 5xSwarm requirement? I've wondered about that for a bit, and now it's especially weird given that the Jem'Hadar have it because they're the 'first line of defense against the Hurq'.

Because...it's the Hur'q? The Klingon's ancient enemy?​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    If the Gamma quadrant really needs me the will be disappointed, I don't do Gamma recruit because I have no interest whatsoever in playing a Jem'Hadar and the devs have no interest in adding Vorta or any other Gamma quadrant race that I could play without getting bored to sleep.

I found out in the first Gamma recruitment that the grind rises to toxic levels of boredom and fatigue very quickly when trying to do the game with a captain that I cannot see as a viable character (I have only ever made ONE Jem'Hadar and never done any of the ground scenarios with it since just getting through the tutorial with it was almost impossibly grindy without that necessary connection to the character).

This is the one event I totally ignore and usually spend the time on one of the other games I play.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    If the Gamma quadrant really needs me the will be disappointed, I don't do Gamma recruit because I have no interest whatsoever in playing a Jem'Hadar and the devs have no interest in adding Vorta or any other Gamma quadrant race that I could play without getting bored to sleep.

I found out in the first Gamma recruitment that the grind rises to toxic levels of boredom and fatigue very quickly when trying to do the game with a captain that I cannot see as a viable character (I have only ever made ONE Jem'Hadar and never done any of the ground scenarios with it since just getting through the tutorial with it was almost impossibly grindy without that necessary connection to the character).

This is the one event I totally ignore and usually spend the time on one of the other games I play.

To be fair though, all other characters play exactly like the Jem'Hadar though - we also go where we are told and shoot everything that moves pig-2.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    edited June 2021
    - for the rank of doing swarm 5x it seems to not be working as i have already completed 12 of them.
    Is that 12 since the update, or 12 before the goal appeared?
    Stuff like TFO's only count when the goal is there to actually count it.
    I'm hoping that if/when Vorta are added to the faction...
    PLayable Vorta would cause me to make another Dominion character, but what about a Liberated Borg Jem'Hadar?
    After all, if you watch the Borg closely in ST: First Contact, you can see one of them is Jem'Hadar.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
  • misanthrope#6636 misanthrope Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    I have a question about this part of the article:

"Requirements for reaching Tier 5 in Reputations have been reduced to a total of 10 Reputations, among all currently-existing Reputations. If you've already reached Tier 5 in 10 Reputations on an existing Jem'hadar Recruit, you're eligible to claim the reward immediately."

Does this mean that you level reputations up faster now requiring less of those 24 hour projects? If you create a gamma recruit during the event, does this mean that this applies to all your characters' reputations, already existing and future characters that you haven't created yet or does it JUST apply to the gamma recruit jem'hadar character?
  • awesomeweaselawesomeweasel Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited June 2021

it was after it appeared, i had already finished everything on my recruit and noticed the change which prompted me to try and complete it.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »

To be fair though, all other characters play exactly like the Jem'Hadar though - we also go where we are told and shoot everything that moves pig-2.gif​​

Game mechanics have nothing whatsoever to do with the point. Playing a character in a purely mechanical way without having any connection to the character itself is extremely boring for some people (myself included).

That getting into character is fundamental to the RPG part of MMORPG, otherwise one might as well be playing Pacman (and after short time that gets boring too btw). And yes, some people treat MMORPGs as shooters instead, and if it works for them, great, but others (again, including me) tend to go the opposite way and even treat shooters more like MMORPGs.

So no, they do not play exactly the same even though they use the same mechanics.
    it was after it appeared, i had already finished everything on my recruit and noticed the change which prompted me to try and complete it.
    Given that these aren't even supposed to be on PC yet, never mind consoles, it wouldn't surprise me if something doesn't work properly yet.
  • felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    felderburg wrote: »

Because...it's the Hur'q? The Klingon's ancient enemy?​​

Right, that makes sense. I didn't think of that, because the symbol is a jem hadar bug ship, and I associated the hurq in STO with the gamma arcs.
  • qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    Starting next week, Captains on PC can make a Gamma Recruit by making a new Jem'Hadar character!

Can we please get Vorta, or at least Alien, as a potential Dominion character species? No incentive for anyone who already has a Jem'Hadar to create a new one.
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Okay...

One of the new things to accomplish on the Gamma Recruits is to complete 1 Endeavor and then to complete 5 Endeavors..

I completed all three personal endeavors today on my new gamma recruit and got no credit...

It's this a known issue that I just missed the announcement for?

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,983 Arc User
    I dusted off my old Gamma Recruit and did a Swarm TFO and 2 Endeavors, NO credit for any of that whatsoever!? Let me guess, they have to be NEW Gamma Recruits?
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    crm14916 wrote: »
    Okay...

One of the new things to accomplish on the Gamma Recruits is to complete 1 Endeavor and then to complete 5 Endeavors..

I completed all three personal endeavors today on my new gamma recruit and got no credit...

It's this a known issue that I just missed the announcement for?

CM

It's a known issue, even listed in the Known Issues section of thepatch notes. Completing Endeavor missions does not increment Gamma Recruitment objectives.
    I dusted off my old Gamma Recruit and did a Swarm TFO and 2 Endeavors, NO credit for any of that whatsoever!? Let me guess, they have to be NEW Gamma Recruits?

Swarm gave me credit on mine when I ran it yesterday afternoon Eastern time. I'll keep watch on it over the coming days, since I plan on doing it once per day until it's done.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    Yeah it may be time to uninstall this game again and see if its still here in another 5 years
  • korrtakinkorrtakin Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited June 2021

Swarm count's only in normal - heavy and elite doesn't count.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User

exactly my thought
    korrtakin wrote: »

Swarm count's only in normal - heavy and elite doesn't count.

Ah, Thanks.
  • hetairai#8501 hetairai Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Do I see that correctly? we can't create Vanguard Jem'Hadar during the recruitment event?

Edit: nevermind, I clicked one step further and there he is.
  • bluejaye1bluejaye1 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    Quite nice to see the Gamma Recruit event back. But could you please fix the recruit endeavour progress, that hasn't worked since the original Gamma Recruit event.

For anyone unaware.
    You can complete daily endeavours on your gamma recruits, but you don't get credit. The gamma recruit objectives for completing 1, then 10 endeavours don't change.
    Star Trek Offline is currently online. We apologise for the convenience and are working to remedy the situation.
    They removed the Endeavor requirement.
  • chrisjr9#4714 chrisjr9 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    It's great to see the Gamma Recruit event return. But, please,
    repair the recruit endeavour progress, which hasn't worked since the first Gamma Recruit event.
    For those who aren't aware.
    You can conduct daily tasks on your gamma recruits, but you won't receive credit for them. The gamma recruit goals for completing one, then ten endeavors remain unchanged.
This discussion has been closed.