test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Using Free T6 Ship coupon causes Icons in ship selection to randomly move

That's right, when I try using the free T6 ship coupon, the order of the ships in the ship selection menu move around.

Comments

• Options
    kernaghast#5631 kernaghast Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I'll be more precise. Once I scroll past the ships that I already own, the order that the ships are listed in suddenly changes. If I press down on the D-pad, for example, to select 'Ship X', the ship suddenly is replaced by another ship. We'll call it 'Ship O'. If I press the D-pad to the left to select 'Ship F', the ship is replaced with yet a different ship. If I press it back to the right, 'Ship O' suddenly returns again.
  • Options
    knightmare#8708 knightmare Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    Yes I've noticed that happening too. At first i thought it was because I had not finished the tutorial on that character, but it was happening on the others as well. It took a lot of effort to finally land on the ship I wanted, up twice then right down one left twice eventually I landed on the ship and found it wasn't free but full price even with the ticket in my inventory.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    I had to perform some massive jiggery-pokery to get to the ship I wanted.

First, check to see which column and row the ship appears in in the "T6" tab of the Z-Store;
    Step 2: Move to the "T5" tab and highlight the ship in that position;
    Step C: Switch back to "T6" tab and the ship you want is likely to be the one highlighted, allowing you to buy it.

I posted video's of my own attempts to buy a T6 ship using a coupon in this thread:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1260300/t6-ship-coupon-cannot-be-used-to-buy-some-ships-at-the-z-store

Hilariously, the same dark sorcery was required to use the T5 coupon at the anniversary giveaway. :wink:
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    As Austin Powers once said: "Oh good! It's not just me, then!"
  • Options
    knightmare#8708 knightmare Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    No it is not just you. It's kinda like the isolinear chip puzzles they have in game, such as the one where you are after the Tox Uthat in the Earth Starbase and you have to open the door. or the one on the outside of DS9 as you try to find a way inside the occupied DS9 from the outside. I hate those puzzles.
  • Options
    I know exactly which puzzles you're referring to. While I hate those as well, they're easier than trying to select certain ships while it's glitching, in my opinion. At least when doing the puzzle, it's supposed to be a puzzle. I don't want to bother with puzzles when browsing ships.