test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Only Qo'nos Endures

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,672 Community Manager
The Only Qo'nos Endures Event is coming very soon to PC, and Captains will be able to unlock the powerful Imperial Assault ground set!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11488553

Comments

• hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    GOTTA BIJ THEM ALL. GONNA GIVE 'EM ALL THE BIJ EXPERIENCE!

I'm sure it means something unpleasant since only Foes should experience it, but the toilet humor writes itself.

EDIT: It should mean "To Punish" or "Punishment", which was also used in tagline for an old TNG VCR-augmented Board Game. The More You Know.
    Post edited by hyperionx09 on
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    More back to back events 0 time off, NOT GOOD! Need break already on burned out have been since 2/1/21.
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    I think this is the first set that consists of (per the article) armor, shields, and two weapons. While the mechanics appear interesting, my reading of the article leads me to believe that 'Aakar's Regalia' would be a far more fitting name for the set. An associated tailor unlock would also be welcome (assuming that such isn't already part of the upcoming FE reward pool).
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    I think it is about time they start updating all ground sets to 4-pc sets. We currently only have one, soon to be two. Though I much prefer the weapon, armor, shield, and kit frame 4-pc set because it leaves you with the ability to slot your secondary weapon of choice.
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    I don't like the idea of weapon based sets, even the ones that only require 1 weapon are unsuitable for me.
    This 4 piece one that required 2 weapons was instantly rejected for that reason.

When I saw that was the requirement for the full set bonus, I decided the event and the set unlock wasn't worth wasting my time.
    Basically, I'd have to throw away both my favorite weapons for ones I don't ever use and that was a dealbreaker.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    So the Nanopulse Bat'leth doesn't ignore most of the enemies' shields.

How many times do we have to tell you, old man... the main appeal to melee weapons since they root you in place is to be able to bypass 80% of shields. Yes, this bat'leth has a 15% chance to have a shield-ignoring DPS kick in, but that's still only 15%.

Also, it was bound to happen ever since the DSC redesign, and even more since the game introduced lightsaber versions:

20210614021044_1.png?raw=1
    There goes my arm.
    Post edited by saurializard on
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,900 Arc User
    Having missed some days in the event, I finally unlocked the ground set.
    I'm rather disappointed it only goes to XII when the space set we got went to XIV before we needed to use upgrades to go any further.
    I don't think it's something I'll use as an endgame ground set, but it will definitely work for levelling alts.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/