test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Arc Overlay keybind not working properly.

strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
edited June 2021 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
The Default keybind is Shift+F1, yet as of 6/17 or so every time I hit Shift in STO the Overlay triggers when it should not as I had NOT also selected F1.

So even while typing in Chat, the Keybind would have been triggered at least 3x in this sentence.

@ambassadorkael#6946
0zxlclk.png

Comments

• kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Double check the ARC overlay settings to be sure it didn't change. If it's still Shift+F1 change it to something like Shift+ NumLock. Be sure to reboot. Of course you always could not use ARC.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2021
    I did change it to F12, still the problem is on their end. Cause it's been that way (Shift+F1) forever and never just triggered from hitting Shift alone.

The fact while your in STO Chat can hit Shift many times in Chat window doesn't matter, cause ARC overlay would have triggered (10x) multiple times from just this sentence.

I closed ARC, and STO and relaunched both and did not Fix problem before I changed it to F12. Still prior to this Shift+F1 always previous to 6/17 always required both keys to trigger the overlay so I rarely if ever saw it.
    0zxlclk.png
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    strathkin wrote: »
    I did change it to F12, still the problem is on their end. Cause it's been that way (Shift+F1) forever and never just triggered from hitting Shift alone.

On the contrary, this bug has come up now and then for years. Just stop using ARC, there's no reason to use it, zero. If half the people having problems here would just listen and stop using ARC they probably wouldn't be having problems.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    Always change mine to pagedown do it doesn't correspond to any key used in game and have never had an issue