test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Voth

paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,776 Arc User
if the Voth became playable would you play as these Earthling Dinos, they can keep pretending all they like with their Delta Quadrant Heretical beliefs but they ain't fooling anyone.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
Tagged:

Comments

• crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    If they have females, then yes...
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Honestly I think we have enough playable species.
    Andorian Bajoran Benzite Betazoid Bolian Caitian Cardassian Ferengi Human Klingon Lib Borg Pakled Rigellian Saurian Talaxian Tellarite Trill Vulcan Ferasan Gorn Lethean Naussican Orion Romulan Reman Jem'Hadar.

out of all those , probably 90% of fed are Human Trill Vulcan. MAYBE bajoran and andorian. I cannot tell you the last time i saw Tellarite, Rigellian or Saurian. in fact, I'd be willing to wager there are more alien players than all three plus ferengi combined. on the KDF side, I'd say 30% Klingon, 5% Gorn, and and 60% Orion, with the rest ferasan. I don't ever recall seeing Naussican or Lethean.

if a dev or someone who has access to the data can, I'd love to see a breakdown of toons by rae. I think I'm probably fairly close. if you are going to do ANYTHING with playable races i say give them a quality pass
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,500 Arc User
    Andorian Bajoran Benzite Betazoid Bolian Caitian Cardassian Ferengi Human Klingon Lib Borg Pakled Rigellian Saurian Talaxian Tellarite Trill Vulcan Ferasan Gorn Lethean Naussican Orion Romulan Reman Jem'Hadar.

out of all those , probably 90% of fed are Human Trill Vulcan. MAYBE bajoran and andorian. I cannot tell you the last time i saw Tellarite, Rigellian or Saurian. in fact, I'd be willing to wager there are more alien players than all three plus ferengi combined. on the KDF side, I'd say 30% Klingon, 5% Gorn, and and 60% Orion, with the rest ferasan. I don't ever recall seeing Naussican or Lethean.

if a dev or someone who has access to the data can, I'd love to see a breakdown of toons by rae. I think I'm probably fairly close. if you are going to do ANYTHING with playable races i say give them a quality pass

True, with the caveat that the only race that is actually needed that is not already in the game is Vorta so that there can be an actual Dominion demifaction (the "Jem'Hadar" microfaction is nothing but Odo's expeditionary force based at DS9) that would make a good basis for opening up the Gamma quadrant as more than just a very unpopular third rate battlezone that few bother going to. And that is not so much the race itself, it is because of the situation.
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,776 Arc User

I'm guilty of this, I have 2 Vulcan toons already and I'm planning on a third.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User

They actually did one of those like...6 years ago, so the numbers probably aren't accurate anymore, but they shouldn't be THAT far off - probably mostly just some shuffling around due to Discovery bringing renewed interest in Saurians, Klingons, Vulcans and so on, and the introduction of Jem'Hadar.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9065123-star-trek-online-5-year-anniversary-infographic​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • shren#1472 shren Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    I have been wanting playable voth since they put them into the game years ago. but no it was more important to make gorn that look like godzilla for some reason. Also I dont know if they can change the model of the player character much like giving them 3 fingered characters. They already cant do digitgrade feet right on the catians which makes me wonder how they are going to do the kelpiens with there hoofed feet il be impressed if they pull it off though.
    " Live Long And Assimilate "
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User

They actually did one of those like...6 years ago, so the numbers probably aren't accurate anymore, but they shouldn't be THAT far off - probably mostly just some shuffling around due to Discovery bringing renewed interest in Saurians, Klingons, Vulcans and so on, and the introduction of Jem'Hadar.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9065123-star-trek-online-5-year-anniversary-infographic​​

thanks. looks like my guesstimate was not that far off
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
This discussion has been closed.