test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Update ate a character slot

124»

Comments

• eladonwarps#6040 eladonwarps Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    I was one of those that did not lose a slot a few weeks ago, but lost at least 3 today, probably 4 or more. I had 3 open, now I have no spares, so not sure exactly how many. Not sure if that's helpful or not, but that's what it is.
    Call me "El," she/her only. I love my wife and I don't care who knows it!
  • tagentagen Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    I am just hoping that people who don't usually keep track of things like number of open character slots, started keeping track when this happened a few weeks ago to other people. Because I'm sure we'll all want to know we have (and keep!) the correct number after all this is finally sorted.
  • kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 445 Arc User
    just thought i'd chime in here, bought a four pack for the last recruitment event, made 3 toons and had one slot left. But now the slot is gone. I know this will get fixed soon, thanks.
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    kirisee wrote: »
    I know this will get fixed soon, thanks.

I wish I knew that. I certainly "hope" it though.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
    kirisee wrote: »
    I know this will get fixed soon, thanks.

I wish I knew that. I certainly "hope" it though.

After 9 months of hoping for a fix on the bug that ate ship slot coupons (spoiler: it is still not fixed), my faith in a resolution is wearing a bit thin.

What gives me some hope here is that this problem seems to be a little more high-profile than the other and will, fingers crossed, stay in the spotlight long enough to make a difference.
  • claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    Pretty sure I had 1 or 2 free slots before the patch. Since I was able to make a new character before the patch, but now I can't after.
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    crm14916 wrote: »
    so, what do I have to do to get them back? I've already done an exit and relog...

Maybe wait till they actually fix it?
  • sniper1187sniper1187 Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    Just hope it doesn't get worse and starts deleting active slots.
    "Nuke the entire site from orbit--it's the only way to be sure"
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    Redacted
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
    edited June 2021
    Mention of this starting at about the 15 minute mark.
    www.twitch.tv/videos/1058469866

Bullet points:
    • Problem from this morning should be solved
    • If you are still missing the slots that vanished with today's update, report it
    • The single slots that vanished 3 weeks back with 'House United' are still being investigated
    • When that is fixed and we get the slot back, something something about getting back slots that were used for old Foundry characters (I'm not entirely clear what this will mean for everyone)
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    tagen wrote: »
    something something about getting back slots that were used for old Foundry characters (I'm not entirely clear what this will mean for everyone)
    When the Foundry was a thing, it had a separate Character creation system for access to it. Sounds like they might convert that to a normal character slot. Question is will that be given to all or just those who had a Foundry Character. It might only apply to those who were active before the Foundry was taken down, as anyone who joined after wouldn't have had that.

So probably just wait and see what happens.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • kaosbainkaosbain Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    I got my missing character slot back
  • kurtronkurtron Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    Yes, my character slots are all now returned
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    > @kaithan1975 said:
    > Maybe wait till they actually fix it?

Snarky much?

When I posted that, most players I correspond with in-game were starting to get theirs back (the ones lost this morning). I was asking what the "trick" was...

Anyway, 20 minutes in Neverwinter and back to STO and they appeared. Still missing the one from 3 weeks ago, but yeah...

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    crm14916 wrote: »
    > @kaithan1975 said:
    > Maybe wait till they actually fix it?

Snarky much?

When I posted that, most players I correspond with in-game were starting to get theirs back (the ones lost this morning). I was asking what the "trick" was...

Anyway, 20 minutes in Neverwinter and back to STO and they appeared. Still missing the one from 3 weeks ago, but yeah...

CM

LOL. Only Cryptic manages to lose yet another character slot while fixing the old ones gone missing. :smiley:

(The Hunt for Red October: "Andrei... you've lost another submarine?")
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Just logged in and I see I've gotten back one slot.
    Post edited by claudiusdk on
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • vicormavicorma Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    The missing char slot after maintenance 6/16/21 is back. The missing slot after launch House United still not.

rattler2 wrote: »
    When the Foundry was a thing, it had a separate Character creation system for access to it. Sounds like they might convert that to a normal character slot. Question is will that be given to all or just those who had a Foundry Character. It might only apply to those who were active before the Foundry was taken down, as anyone who joined after wouldn't have had that.

I was a foundry mission creator too. Maybe it's a good look in the direction of the problem?
    Hera%20squad%20logo1a.png
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    something something about getting back slots that were used for old Foundry characters (I'm not entirely clear what this will mean for everyone)

I was never sure if those characters cost us slots or not, but I was under the impression they did. I had two, to create missions for both sides.

And, even though Foundry is gone, those characters are not. Last time I did character transfer to Tribble, I saw those two in the list of potential transfers, so they are still taking up space, and probably character slots, with no ability to delete them and reclaim the slot.

I was never sure if those characters cost us slots or not, but I was under the impression they did. I had two, to create missions for both sides.

And, even though Foundry is gone, those characters are not. Last time I did character transfer to Tribble, I saw those two in the list of potential transfers, so they are still taking up space, and probably character slots, with no ability to delete them and reclaim the slot.

I just went to check mine. And yeah, my Foundry character still shows in the list to transfer. Maybe that does mean when they finally fix it I'll get that slot back along with the one House United ate.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    vicorma wrote: »
    The missing char slot after maintenance 6/16/21 is back. The missing slot after launch House United still not.

Yea the 6/16 patch enabled a tool for them to investigate who is missing what # of character slots, though the vast majority I think are missing just 1 from House United.

So hopefully they get the last one resolved soon. :)

0zxlclk.png
  • mikewallace#2209 mikewallace Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    I still have 2 slots missing. I bought them from the C store post House divided. Still they were working up until post Delta Recruit. No fixes and I will not buy anything this gets resolved.

Yes, reported to CS but just got an automated response and who knows if it will be ever get fixed.
    edited June 2021
    Resolved an issue that was preventing extra characters slots from displaying properly.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11490143-pc-patch-notes-for-6/24/21

Assuming this works, everyone remember to keep track of how many character/ship/boff/etc slots you should have. Who knows what else this can happen to or how long it will take to notice and fix if it isn't something as high profile as this.
    edited June 2021
    Ok, looks like the patch did recover the one missing character slot. Hopefully this worked for everyone and people who needed that slot for a new recruit have it back!

No sign of any change in the "foundry slot" or whatever. I'd be interested to know whether anyone ended up with an extra from this or what happened with it.
    westmetals wrote: »
    Ok, looks like the patch did recover the one missing character slot. Hopefully this worked for everyone and people who needed that slot for a new recruit have it back!

No sign of any change in the "foundry slot" or whatever. I'd be interested to know whether anyone ended up with an extra from this or what happened with it.

As I mentioned previously - I actively deleted my Foundry characters and did gain slots. So there are slots there... however the Foundry characters are no longer able to be actively deleted. So....

And yes, as of today I am back to (properly) having one slot free. (I've been saving it since last summer for a Temporal rerun; very briefly had two when we got one added for Klingon Recruit but then made a KR character. Have not made any other new characters since at least September.)

Yeah, I apparently still have a phantom Foundry character out there. Just wondered if their comments last week on the livestream meant people in that position might get that slot back as well.
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    > @tagen said:
    > Yeah, I apparently still have a phantom Foundry character out there. Just wondered if their comments last week on the livestream meant people in that position might get that slot back as well.

I think I got my foundry slot back. I had 1 free slot—before the slot-eating bug, 0 after, and I now have 2 after the patch.
This discussion has been closed.