test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Patch Notes for 6/16/21

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
edited August 2022 in Release Notes
Greetings Captains!
We will be having an extended maintenance tomorrow, 6/16 at 5AM Pacific for 5.5 hours. (What time is this for me?)
You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!
The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    I tried out the headtest, it looked alright until that patch that seemed to strip the skin from the head.
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    I tried out the headtest, it looked alright until that patch that seemed to strip the skin from the head.

Grotesque lol
  • daynetreader#5229 daynetreader Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    You need five and a half hours to do that? Yikes
  • cxeronockxcxeronockx Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited June 2021

Look here, https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1262301/extended-maintenance-6-16 it clearly states that there is an extended maintenance
    Greetings Captains!
    We will be having an extended maintenance tomorrow, 6/16 at 5AM Pacific for 5.5 hours. (What time is this for me?)

=/\=
    We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
    Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.

Read clearly what the patch note means and you will read that it clearly states that there is an extended maintenance
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
    cxeronockx wrote: »

Look here, https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1262301/extended-maintenance-6-16 it clearly states that there is an extended maintenance
    Greetings Captains!

=/\=

Read clearly what the patch note means and you will read that it clearly states that there is an extended maintenance

Correct there is a notice on ARC to reflect the extension. So a lot of behind the scenes work going on. ARC launcher login server etc etc etc
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    They must be getting bigger hamsters.

Hopefully this fixes some things. I look to see a black screen upon launch, as always for the last several weeks after maint and computer restarts.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    EEK!!! The update today ate the rest of my available character slots!!!

I had 5 before the update a few weeks ago that ate one of them... Then I had 4... Today on login, it shows I have NO remaining character slots!!!

HELP!!!

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    I had 2 extra character slots they are now gone? where did they go?
    I found my extra character slots a few minutes ago. :)
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    It is a known issue and the devs are looking into it. I'm missiing around 30 character slots.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • keshnaranekkeshnaranek Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I'm missing many character slots as well, can't really remember how many i had, i think around 5 if i remember correctly...
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Missing all my character slots. Joystick still dead. Do fixes ever take place anymore?
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • poorflickpoorflick Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I certainly understand the extended maintenance window. But the patch is over 2 gig. Feels like more than a couple of minor bug fixes.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    poorflick wrote: »
    I certainly understand the extended maintenance window. But the patch is over 2 gig. Feels like more than a couple of minor bug fixes.

I did not have a patch that was over 2 gig. May I suggest you turn off On Demand Patching in the Options part of the launcher, do a Force Verify, and then let it patch?
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • poorflickpoorflick Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »
    poorflick wrote: »

I did not have a patch that was over 2 gig. May I suggest you turn off On Demand Patching in the Options part of the launcher, do a Force Verify, and then let it patch?

Thanks.
  • matzdaadmatzdaad Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    Missing all my character slots. Joystick still dead. Do fixes ever take place anymore?

In options/controller try toggling them both off then back on again.

MatzDaad
    Fleet: 8th Expeditionary Command
    Member since 2/15/2012

• kiusadiuskiusadius Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I can't even launch the game now. Like, at all- it doesn't even make it to the Cryptic screen, just a black screen of nothingness. Help?
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    When this happened to me, the first thing I did was close the game, then re-boot my PC. It worked for me - YMMV
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • thestunningmask#0685 thestunningmask Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    ARC total crash @ 2104 PST. All restarts an fixes done. 5 attempts to launch and no connection to server. Going on 45 minutes now.
    Anyone confirm or direct me to status post/page, please?
    LLAP!
    P.S. How does one say "Dr. Who" in Klingon?
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    Did they start a new round of (unannounced) maintenance? None of the launchers for STO, CO or NWO are working - they all hang through 5 attempts to connect before throwing an 'Unable to establish connection to patch server' or whatever the hell it's called.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    Did they start a new round of (unannounced) maintenance? None of the launchers for STO, CO or NWO are working - they all hang through 5 attempts to connect before throwing an 'Unable to establish connection to patch server' or whatever the hell it's called.​​

Just checked Twitter and there is in fact a crash and "working as quickly as they can" thing.
    Can CONFIRM server crash.
    LLAP
    ARC total crash @ 2104 PST. All restarts an fixes done. 5 attempts to launch and no connection to server. Going on 45 minutes now.
    Anyone confirm or direct me to status post/page, please?
    LLAP!
    P.S. How does one say "Dr. Who" in Klingon?

Just checked Twitter and there is in fact a crash and "working as quickly as they can" thing.
    Can CONFIRM server crash.
    LLAP
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    Well, they seem to have fixed it - at least for NWO, haven't checked the other two launchers yet.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    matzdaad wrote: »

Doesn't work, since that one patch joystick remains unrecognized. With all the complaints about this coming in I would have thought they would have investigated what broke it again, but they are firm with 'we don't officially support joysticks on pc' which is absolutely ridiculous. It shows how few dev resources they have left working on STO.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
    matzdaad wrote: »

Doesn't work, since that one patch joystick remains unrecognized. With all the complaints about this coming in I would have thought they would have investigated what broke it again, but they are firm with 'we don't officially support joysticks on pc' which is absolutely ridiculous. It shows how few dev resources they have left working on STO.

No need to be narky. Just because there is no word from them DOESN'T mean it's not being investigated. you watched ten forward last night you will understand exactly how much they have going on and the time the are spending doing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Un9u-FWFr4
This discussion has been closed.