test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Imperial Assault Set

indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
I really like this ground set. The armor and shields are great and the weapons rock. I have a few questions;

1. Is the set account unlock? I can't seem to claim it on my other toons.
2. How do you claim it on other toons?
3. If you equip the set on one of your bridge officers, will they spawn rift bombs? (since they will only have 3 pieces, not 4)
4. Do the Borg adapt to the bat'leth?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    #3: No. BOFFs won't use non-standard skills and abilities, which includes bonus skills from sets. The only exception is for automatic procs like the one attached to the Na'kuhl temporal operative shield (which will trigger *for you* and not them).

or more accurately BOFFs won't use active abilities (aka ones you have to activate to work) due to how their AI is coded, while passive (aka ones that are always active if you got what grants the ability) work though there can be some strange interactions there due how those abilities are coded.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    It is account-unlocked. I claimed it on one of my others just fine. It comes boxed up, like the ship set. You claim each box, open them and equip.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
    Thanks for the help!
  • sierra078sierra078 Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    So we can only claim it once? So we can't put it on each bridge officer and Captain? I was able to do that with the Terran Armor and its levelless.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    sierra078 wrote: »
    So we can only claim it once? So we can't put it on each bridge officer and Captain? I was able to do that with the Terran Armor and its levelless.

Each piece is probably classified as a "unique" item, meaning you can only have one of it.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,950 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    ...the items cannot be reclaimed if they are already present in your inventory or on your captain... but CAN if you have them equipped on a BOFF.

Per westmetals after claiming the set just move it to a boff then repeat until everybody who wants a set has it with your Captain being last in line.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User

You CAN claim it, equip it on a boff, then claim it again. You can repeat this process until every boff AND your captain have the gear equipped.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    Does the bat'leth have a lunge or is it like most of the other bat'leths and lirpa and not follow the target like the nanopulse mek'leths do?
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    The Nanopulse Mek'leths DO have a lunge - though it's more like a charge and strike - on all three attacks, just like the swords or Bat'leth of Overcompensation.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    The Nanopulse Mek'leths DO have a lunge - though it's more like a charge and strike - on all three attacks, just like the swords or Bat'leth of Overcompensation.​​

I know the Mek'leths have it, what I was wondering is whether the new Bat'leth does. I am getting a bit tired so I may not have phrased the question clearly.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    I can confirm the imperial Bat'leth does cause you to run towards your target, the same way a sword does.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    It also has unique animations as it's used with one hand with flashy, spinning moves, more fitting of a lightsaber.

And as a result, I'm disappointed it doesn't have the "screwdriver lunge" animation. That and also the fact it doesn't ignore shields, once again killing the main appeal of the impractical, rooting melee weapon combos.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    You know, I use the 4 piece Revolutionary Space Set and had gotten those dancing Elachi occasionally. However, now I also use the 4 piece Imperial Assault Set on that same Character (Discovery Klingon Recruit) and they are appearing every time I beam in somewhere. I really hope after all the complaints of trolling by the Devs before, that they didn't add the same silly stuff with the Ground Set as well.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited June 2021
    I have had the dancing Elachi every time I used the spore gun and sometimes when I didn't fire it up to a week or two ago, now they are there every single time regardless of whether I fire the gun or not. I think the patch did something in general to cause this, not the new ground set itself (which I should be getting later today).
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    as nice as they are all my KDF toons and boffs are equipped (or will be) with the weapon from the omega set with the grenade launchers. not super-effective but really really fun
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
This discussion has been closed.