test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Starship Trait Visual - That's a big Ship - Permanent?

doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
I can't imagine why but is this Visual of the Starship Trait "That's a big Ship suppose to be permanent. Its annoying as tribble and I can't enjoy actually looking at my ship.

thatsabigship.png
C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    Captain's log, Earth date June 14th, 2021.

Options to disable visuals - including from traits - are still badly needed.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    Also the option to remove the dancing elachi on ground maps.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Those visuals are why I will NEVER use that trait, even if it was stupid OP in some way.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2021
    Yea I'm annoyed by the big 2, 3 or 4 shaped pointed arrow that appears above me during ground combat; it comes and goes. I wish they'd remove it as well.

Seeing it does nothing, and both are not only distracting but also not appreciated! All the vast majority wants is the small buff icon by your face, or ship is all that's required if it's a dmg buff, hull/health, or others. Most important, is that it is working as stated.

I love for them to make more visual FX, more transparent or not so overwhelming... ...less is more!
    Those visuals are why I will NEVER use that trait, even if it was stupid OP in some way.

Yea a bit sad. :'(
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Yeah, that's, uh, very bland and entirely too prominent of a visual for that will, essentially, be an aura.

Once again I find myself asking if the designers for this game actually think these things through....

If I had to guess...

It is really annoying. Its on and going the entire time and your ship looks like space garbage. I will think around this trait but it is sad that I have to because they think flashy and colorful is actually cool why most of us would like to see our ship and NOT some random kinky BS.

C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    Yeah, that's, uh, very bland and entirely too prominent of a visual for that will, essentially, be an aura.

Once again I find myself asking if the designers for this game actually think these things through....

Once again I find myself asking if the designers of this game actually play their own game on live servers.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    The trait is bugged. Its supposed to be a stack building kind of trait but it is effectively a passive, always on trait. Presumably that animation was only intended to fire when a stack is built, but since they are built automatically, continuously, its always on.

That said, the animation does suck and wouldn't be useful or interesting even if the trait was working properly.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    It does look like it would be annoying. On the other hand, in today's pixel vomit it probably wouldn't be particularly noticeable in most TFOs...
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    It does look like it would be annoying. On the other hand, in today's pixel vomit it probably wouldn't be particularly noticeable in most TFOs...

This is true, it isn't very noticeable in the noise. The big issue, however, is that this trait is ALWAYS on. Want to check out your new ship or vanity shield orbiting Earth or Qo'nos? The trait is active running the weird purple cubes over your ship.

It is also fairly obnoxious during STF countdowns since there is sound with the animation which is again always cycling.

This is the L. Excelsior trait and has been broken since it was released. If they want it to be a passive trait, great, get rid of the animation and sound. Otherwise they need to fix it so it works as described, but maybe get rid of the animation and sound either way.
This discussion has been closed.