test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Have been Krenim been underused?

kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
I adored the Krenim storyline. Obliterated because they were the only threat to the Iconians...although that wasn't shown explicitly enough for my liking. Were they destroyed based on Annorax's ship, which existed in a collapsed timeline? Their weapons used temporal science, but then I would have loved a battle between the Krenim and the Iconians to prove that they were a serious threat.

And the poor Weapon Ship...it ended up not doing anything, because used to open a gateway to the past? The alliance didn't need the ship to do that. They have SO many different ways of travelling through time and opening vortexes...First Contact, etc.

I'd love to see the Imperium back with a vengeance. After surviving the Iconians trying to have them wiped out, let them have built a fleet of Annorax's themselves, chroniton torpedoes that can tear through shields and create such a threat that the 29th Century swoops back in to help.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    I still wished that destroying the Borg gateway with the Annorax in "Butterfly" would leave Romulus and Remus intact, oh well... I guess I'll have to destroy more timelines in order to fix Romulus and Remus, I don't care how many species I have to wipe out in order to undo the damage caused by JJ-Trek, Noye got what he deserved when he blew up my precious Romulus again, his wife paid the price for his sins.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    One of the last blogs left the door open for a future storyarc involving the Krenim after the defeat of Noye. People were burnt out from Temporal missions at the time so it was left dangling.

It dealt with the sister or cousin of the person in charge of the Krenim research station leading a rebellion which involved stealing the Annorax and going off to try to restore the Krenim Imperium.

To be honest, it would go a long way to reconcile the events of the 'Countdown' comic that preceded the JJVerse and the 'Picard Countdown/Picard show' as a result of the consequences from the Krenim's attempts to rewrite history to their liking.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Ha, we had two dozen Krenim Episodes in the game but they were removed when the Annorax was destroyed in the final Episode of the Arc. Dont you remember? Oh, you wouldn't. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    kayajay wrote: »
    Were they destroyed based on Annorax's ship, which existed in a collapsed timeline?
    They were destroyed because they had put extensive research into temporal technology, and time travel is the one thing the Iconians can't do, not because of the Annorax specifically. It wasn't that the Krenim could fight the Iconians in direct combat, but that they could exploit the Iconian's one weakness.
    kayajay wrote: »
    I'd love to see the Imperium back with a vengeance. After surviving the Iconians trying to have them wiped out, let them have built a fleet of Annorax's themselves, chroniton torpedoes that can tear through shields and create such a threat that the 29th Century swoops back in to help.
    The Krenim were nearly completely wiped out by the Iconians, and were only able to build the one Annorax because of all the resources of the Alliance. There is no way for them to build a fleet of them, nor would they need a fleet of them in the first place since one is powerful enough.

Noye already rallied the Krenim who wanted to use the Annorax to restore the Krenim Imperium, and he, and his allies, were already defeated. This would just be a repeat of the Temporal Cold War storyline, but would make no sense.

Noye and his allies, were Krenim Traitors, they even attacked fellow Krenim that were allied with us, like whatever happened to the Ape Shall Never Kill Ape trope, it's one of few lines that I won't cross even with evil characters, I simply refuse to attack members of my character's species, even if they're allied with the enemy, Hakeev was an exception, his body might be dead but I did manage to upload a copy of his neural pathways into a hologram (my Hologram BOFF I got from Delta Recruitment), so technically Hakeev isn't really dead in my game, he's just a ghost in a machine.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    One of the last blogs left the door open for a future storyarc involving the Krenim after the defeat of Noye. People were burnt out from Temporal missions at the time so it was left dangling.

It dealt with the sister or cousin of the person in charge of the Krenim research station leading a rebellion which involved stealing the Annorax and going off to try to restore the Krenim Imperium.
    She didn't steal the Annorax, she stole some unspecified something. Nor was it a station rebellion, there was some fighting on a Krenim colony world over justice for the Krenim/Noye.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10121203-the-cousins’-war

The temporal research facility hummed along with quiet efficiency. Supervisor Traala looked down over the workers at their stations and nodded to herself. The issues caused by that renegade and Traitor Noye had caused some tensions at home, but here in her domain, all was well. She returned to her office to finish up some reports before her next meeting.

Traala was looking forward to that meeting very much. Her cousin Zidia had requested some time out of her day for a meeting. Normally her younger cousin was much more disruptive and spontaneous. Traala had been working with her to get her to curb her enthusiasm. Perhaps her hard work had paid off.

“Cousin!” Zidia called out as she waltzed into Traala’s office five minutes late and out of uniform. True, her shift was over, but this was a formal meeting! Perhaps Zidia wasn’t quite entirely grown up yet, then.

---

“Security to Supervisor Traala,” Officer Orndal interrupted.

Traala held up a hand to pause her current conversation as she answered. “I’m a bit busy at the moment, Orndal,” she replied, hoping the strain from shouting at her cousin didn’t show in her voice.

“Ah, yes, sir? You should see this though.”

Traala paused. There was something in the young officer’s voice thatinstantly had her wary. “I’ll be there in a moment.” She cut the connection. “Give me just five minutes? He’s probably overreacting and we were getting a bit… heated.”

Zidia stared at her for a moment then slouched into her seat sullenly. She nodded. “Take ten minutes.”

Traala left her cousin in her office and found Orndal in the security station. “Now what is- Oh.”

The viewscreens in the small security office depicted scenes from their home colony. It was chaos. Buildings burned. There was fighting in the streets. One screen showed a pre-recorded message. The audio was muted but subtitles called for justice for the Krenim people and Noye. They called for embracing temporal technology.

“This is awful,” Traala said, staring at the screen. “Secure the facility! I’m certain this will settle down but let’s not add any extra fuel to the engine matrix.”

---

Traala turned to return to the office and her cousin but found a phaser pointed at her chest. “Zidia?”

“I’d hoped I might be the one to get you out of trouble,” Zidia said with a sad smile. “I thought I could get you to understand and join us. I’m sorry,” she said. She pulled the trigger and Orndal slumped to the floor, stunned.

“Zidia!”

“He’s just stunned. Last chance, Cousin. You could do a lot for us on the inside.”

“Never!”

Zidia sighed. “Then this is the way it has to be.” She pulled the trigger and Traala slumped to the ground, unconscious.

Zidia checked both life signs then took the station out of security lockdown. She then left the office to complete her mission. It was a shame she hadn’t been able to recruit Traala but then again her cousin had always been by-the-book. She obtained the objective then took a small runabout and left the station. It would be a long time before anyone realized what she’d taken. By then, maybe she’d be able to convince her remaining family that she was right for once.

It was a blog from Tue 16 Aug 2016 10:30:00 AM PDT, so I'm sorry I forgot the full details.

But remember most of the details. Including the attack on the security officer and the lead researcher at the Research station where the Annorax was docked, rather that it all taking place at the colony.
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    I still love my Krenim Science Vessel, and fly it almost every day.
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    I still love my Krenim Science Vessel, and fly it almost every day.

It is a FABULOUS ship and so very cool to fly something that was in Voyager. It's honestly I play the game...to fly the ships of the game, not the STO designed ones. I'm not going to mention pining for a T6 Nova, but the classic ships, in new designs...like the Pathfinder and Hestia have been brilliant and the Annorax has been great too. The APU Battleship was a bit of a disappointment, because it's beautiful, but not great to fly.

Time travel is just such a thing in Star Trek...there's not been a single series that doesn't use it, with Picard now heavily supposed to. I think we've all seen the photos of Seven on what looks to be a bus.

I just personally don't like the 32nd Century Discovery future, but the TOS era, Krenim in the "present day" and 29th Century with the stunning Wells would be fantastic. I don't mind how many seasons of episodes we'd get, because a merging of them, with the Krenim launching a time attack, the TIC coming to the rescue and perhaps having to travel to TOS...yummy.
This discussion has been closed.