test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lower Decks Ships

hightower#2475 hightower Member Posts: 40 Arc User
I’m sure this has been discussed before, but I’d like to see the Lower Decks ships come to STO. We have the four main characters as Duty Officers and Riker’s U.S.S. Titan, so why not a T5U California Class and the T6 Parliament Class ship bundle or something like that for the Zen Store, just for something new, different and interesting? 🖖

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/memoryalpha/images/5/5c/Parliament_class_and_California_class_ships.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/1000?cb=20200904205446&path-prefix=en
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
Tagged:

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    Also, the California class wont be coming for awhile. Lower Deck's creator has said it has a special feature we will see in S2, so they are likely waiting to see that.
    ^This^

The Parliment class might make it in sooner, and technically we already got a ship from Lower Decks if you count the revamp to the Luna, as well as the release of the Titan which has access to Luna parts.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2021
    I'd strongly consider a Parlimentarian ship.

And only a little less than 2 months, before Lower Decks starts Season 2.
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • hightower#2475 hightower Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    They aren't going to make T5 ships anymore, not even a T5U.

It was just an idea being floated, I’d love them both to be T6 ships 🙂
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    We know that devs want to make LD ships they've stated so several times but there's issues with them getting permission to do so (since devs want to keep a consistent art style more or less with the game which a 100% replication of the LD art would break).
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    spiritborn wrote: »
    We know that devs want to make LD ships they've stated so several times but there's issues with them getting permission to do so (since devs want to keep a consistent art style more or less with the game which a 100% replication of the LD art would break).

On a technical level it would be impossible to make the ships look animated anyway unless they put a switch in the game client to turn on the black outlines for everything like Champions Online does. There is simply no way to mix "live action" style with "cartoon" style in the engine, it has to be all or nothing.
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User
    what about those Pekled Ships from Lower Decks, those seem pretty OP.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    what about those Pekled Ships from Lower Decks, those seem pretty OP.

You mean the ones that got beaten by a single Luna even though they had 3 to 1 advantage (or was 2 to 1), they only seemed OP because the Calis are weak.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I'll wager we'll get the California class before a certain other canon ship that has been, and will continue to be, ignored.

Normally I'd agree simply because it's from a current TV show, however since CBS is being picky about how LD stuff looks in other media there might be a good chance you're wrong.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • discojer2#5455 discojer2 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Yeah, remember when we got the LD doffs, they were originally done in STO style, but had to be redone in LD cartoon style
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    Lower Deck's creator has said it has a special feature we will see in S2, so they are likely waiting to see that.

It's called double dipping. They can sell the standard version now and then sell a legendary version later with that special ability :p

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    They aren't going to make T5 ships anymore, not even a T5U.

Also, the California class wont be coming for awhile. Lower Deck's creator has said it has a special feature we will see in S2, so they are likely waiting to see that.

Probably installed when the Cerritos had to go through the major overhaul at the end of S1. :smiley:
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User
    It's called double dipping. They can sell the standard version now and then sell a legendary version later with that special ability :p

and here I thought that double dipping was exclusive to food.

and here I thought that double dipping was exclusive to food.

double-dip-seinfeld.jpg
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    There was a soft-serve icecream roadside restaurant that served 'Double-Dipped Ice Cream'. They'd dip the ice cream into the melted chocolate, let it cool down and dip again for a really crunchy chocolate exterior.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2021
    Yeah, remember when we got the LD doffs, they were originally done in STO style, but had to be redone in LD cartoon style

Yea, still I think it won't effect the ships.

As long as they stick to offering slightly updated &/or modernized versions; and most won't want cartoon ships, why I'm happy with how they modernized the Titan.

So I'd be fine for a slightly modernized or refit Parliment class for the 2410 which is easily 20-30 years after Lower Decks.

Lower Decks is set in the Star Trek universe in the year 2380.
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,843 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I'll wager we'll get the California class before a certain other canon ship that has been, and will continue to be, ignored.

the K'Vort? Just kidding, we know
    Spock.jpg

strathkin wrote: »
    As long as they stick to offering slightly updated &/or modernized versions; and most won't want cartoon ships, why I'm happy with how they modernized the Titan.

Thomas explained that with the Luna/Titan they intentionally based the new model on the old, pre-LD design which they had the rights to so that they would avoid any issues with CBS approval. With something like the California class that wouldn't be an option, so they need to work with CBS to see what they will and will not allow for a realistic interpretation of it. And Cryptic aren't the only ones involved in these discussions apparently, as Eaglemoss and the devs for some Trek mobile game are also talking to CBS about how the LD ships should be brought to life in other media, CBS is just being very protective of the branding for LD.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    It doesn't really matter what we call it, the point is the same: they regularly re-sell us variants of the same ships. So while my comment about selling a 'standard' California class now and selling improved version later was mainly in jest, it's based on the truth of them doing the same thing repeatedly in the past.

And I'm not blaming Cryptic for this behavior either. If people with free will and money are willing to buy different versions of the same ship over and over, why wouldn't Cryptic take advantage of it?

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
This discussion has been closed.