test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

banning/blocking non players in TFOs

Comments

• peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    > @westmetals said:
    > I was not just talking about this event. But WHATEVER. I guess I have to shut up and let him continue to tell people wrong information? That all problems everywhere are the result of not private teaming and that everyone always can?

Thing is that @valoreah is not wrong, neither are you. Both of you presented your arguments well. :)

Finding groups takes just more effort. Effort that this stupid excuse of a design flawed map might not be justified for everybody. And yep a discussion over it is not getting anywhere I’m afraid.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Yeah, for this queue the completion time is random depending on your team.

Personally, I don't like depending on PUGs, especially when I might be in a hurry so that's why I just do 2 patrols. The patrols are quick, and the only person I have to depend on for progress is myself.

After the first couple days of this event, I learned that the best approach to this queue is to just not play it.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    > @seaofsorrows said:
    > After the first couple days of this event, I learned that the best approach to this queue is to just not play it.

It’s a total fail 100%. I’m beyond „what we’re they even thinking“ at this point. :D

At least we have alternatives. Between those and the fact that one can private them 1-5 all the way the event can at least be completed without much pain. Kyle and I made our peace 2 manning to hell with honor. If we focus and pick epg builds we are down to 4-4:30 mins there. Join us if we on the same time. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    westmetals wrote: »
    I was not just talking about this event. But WHATEVER. I guess I have to shut up and let him continue to tell people wrong information? That all problems everywhere are the result of not private teaming and that everyone always can?

No... I'm telling BOTH of you to knock it off. You're feeding off each other and escalating. As others have said, you've both stated your cases, but seem fixated on each other.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    About the essential worker comments that might be a culture thing that means different things in different counties which might be adding to the disagreement. An essential worker in the UK is nowhere near the same as an essential worker in the USA or other locations. Being an essential worker in the UK tends to earn a differnt level of respect to being an essential worker in the USA. If I read the posts as though I am from the UK I get a very different picture to reading the posts as though I was someone from outside the UK.
  • zzzspina01zzzspina01 Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    You shouldn't be getting ANY TFO that is part of an active event as a random.​​

i ment space only option random.
    I cant brain I have the dumb
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    I'm going to jump to a conclusion that this Thread should be shut down. Every time this banning/kicking topic for AFKers comes up it degenerates into a shouting and insult match between the usual suspects. For what? Cryptic won't touch this with a ten foot pole. Just go into a TFO and personally do and contribute your best. Don't worry about the slackers. If they purposefully do this and can look themselves in the eye with no compunction, then they are morally bankrupt.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • zzzspina01zzzspina01 Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    I'm going to jump to a conclusion that this Thread should be shut down. Every time this banning/kicking topic for AFKers comes up it degenerates into a shouting and insult match between the usual suspects. For what? Cryptic won't touch this with a ten foot pole. Just go into a TFO and personally do and contribute your best. Don't worry about the slackers. If they purposefully do this and can look themselves in the eye with no compunction, then they are morally bankrupt.

i agree with 100%. about doing your best. but when you have someone that just parks the ship at a dread and dosent move at all. it drags the mission out to long. i had one player targeted 6 times in a row. and i dont even think they were at there computer. I now just skip Remain Klingon when it pops up in the random space option.
    I cant brain I have the dumb
    edited June 2021
    valoreah wrote: »
    westmetals wrote: »
    Congrats, Valoreah. You've been wrong long enough that you get to not be wrong because everyone is tired of me saying otherwise.

If by wrong you mean demonstrably shown to be right time and again, yes I would agree.
    Your work around demonstrably does not work for me or Westmetals so it does not solve anything. Yet you keep ignoring that and going on like its a solution that always works and solves everything. I believe Westmetals is in the same situation as me if not worse as there timetable is even more variable then mine. Your work around doesn't work for us. Being an essential worker I have exactly the same problem as Westmetals and fully understand where they are coming from. Your solution demonstrably does not consistently work for people who find them self's under our situation.

If we are lucky we might be able to use your solution once or twice a week. Which isn't enough to complete the event. Its just not practical for us. No matter how hard we try your solution doesn't work. Its not about being lazy, we are unable to consistently get a private team due to being essential workers and so cannot use a private team consistently enough to solve the problem. In the past I could get a private team daily, right now I am lucky to get a private team twice a week no matter how hard I try. So I fully understand where Westmetals is coming from.
    edited June 2021
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    Your work around demonstrably does not work for me or Westmetals so it does not solve anything. Yet you keep ignoring that and going on like its a solution that always works and solves everything. I believe Westmetals is in the same situation as me if not worse as there timetable is even more variable then mine. Your work around doesn't work for us. Being an essential worker I have exactly the same problem as Westmetals and fully understand where they are coming from. Your solution demonstrably does not consistently work for people who find them self's under our situation.

If we are lucky we might be able to use your solution once or twice a week. Which isn't enough to complete the event. Its just not practical for us. No matter how hard we try your solution doesn't work. Its not about being lazy, we are unable to consistently get a private team due to being essential workers and so cannot use a private team consistently enough to solve the problem. In the past I could get a private team daily, right now I am lucky to get a private team twice a week no matter how hard I try. So I fully understand where Westmetals is coming from.

Of course it will never work if you never put in the necessary work to be successful at it. Once again, you are assuming I am not an essential worker and have always had a set play time schedule. I also team with other essential workers regularly and they also have varying play schedules. They do, however, put in some effort to find active groups and channels available during their play time. They do not seem to have any issues finding teams, why do you?
    You are assuming we never put in the necessary work to be successful at it. Only we are putting in the work and as we keep pointing out to you, its not working.

Never once did I assume you are not an essential worker and you are missing the fact that despite you suggesting we are lazy and not putting the effort in we are. After putting the effort in, day in, day out its not working. As for why I have problems its already been explained to you. At the time I am active there is a drop in player population of something like 500%. All the active group channels are near dead, ESD is near empty, outside space dock is near empty, Discord is near empty, fleet chat all near empty, private channels all the same near empty, my friends list all offline No matter how hard we try, no matter how much effort we put in its not been possible to consistently find enough people to start a private queue daily for the event within the time frame we have to work with.

I have maxed out the amount of channels I can join and chosen carefully which channels I am in, I have discord, I monitor ESD chat every morning. Its not about lack of effort on our part. Your solution demonstrably does not work for us.

Perhaps if we had longer play sessions or played at a different timezone sure your solution can work. But right now its not working. In fact trying to follow your solution would have caused me to miss some event runs that I otherwise would have got in. So your solution is demonstrable not working. I am not saying it can never work only that its not consistence enough to be a viable solution. If I can only get a private run twice a week despite trying every single day then its not viable to run the event. Worse by trying to do that private run I am missing essential daily runs and will fail the event. Trying to following your solution is causing more frustration and making the situation worse.
    They do not seem to have any issues finding teams, why do you?
    As for why those other people have no problem, most likely they play in a different time zone when more people are active so they have more chance to find someone to join along with them having less restrictions on how long they can wait before starting a private queue. 6+ months ago when I was active at a different point in the day and active for longer play sessions I had a group of players I would join for private queues just about daily. So I know how to find and join people, it just doesn't work in my current time zone/session playtime consistently enough to be viable.
    Post edited by pottsey5g on
This discussion has been closed.