test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

banning/blocking non players in TFOs

Comments

• peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Is it so hard to agree that it is more difficult and takes more effort to find a private group for a map but that it is far from impossible?

I mean that has been my experience the past 9 years.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    and did it occur that the player "afk" is simply sitting there because they don't know what to do, so they are sitting at the ship trying to figure out when to fire?
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    The mission has been around for long enough that only a total noob would be struggling to figure it out. Of course the most obvious answer to forming competent groups is to join one or more of the channels since you're no longer dependent on the rest of your group being online simultaneously. As for which channels, I don't know which is best, is there a recommended one that I'm not aware of?
  • zzzspina01zzzspina01 Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    look this thread is getting to AGRO. All i would like is an option in game to not be linked to inactve's.
    I cant brain I have the dumb
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    The biggest issue with all this is that the events are repetitive and long ones to boot. 40/40 which practically 24hrs cool down - which must be run 20x consecutively or a buy out. This creates a serious form of boredom. I don't condone AFK'ism, but I clearly understand why some players do it.

The serious lack of content in this game has forced Cryptic to resort to long time gated events, which is a double edge sword for many games. STO has gone beyond its maturity rate and has stagnated, as most of its high end player base have blown through all the content and has done everything under the sun.

Unfortunately; OP; in the end one must take a grin and bare it approach or try one of the other qualifying ways to earn your daily 2 points towards the event goal.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    i don't think anyone is denying that grouping up isn't a good proposition Val, they are simply stating that it doesn't help when, for whatever reason, you are unable too do so.

you seem to be trying very hard to discount other folks individual experience of trying to group up under certain constraints, because your experience of grouping up is different?
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    stark2k wrote: »
    Unfortunately; OP; in the end one must take a grin and bare it approach or try one of the other qualifying ways to earn your daily 2 points towards the event goal.

aye, i've been doing the patrols, means missing out on some marks, but better for the blood pressure.

tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2021
    What many perhaps don't realize... ...some form teams or partial teams, the alternative is...

Add 2-4 other players, including yourself, to a Private Group even if your short 1-3 players for the TFO... ...now if you then switch (tabs) to select Task Force, and select a Ground / Space / Random Queue it will fill the remaining slots with the PUG! It's nicer cause you don't have to keep reforming teams after each, and every TFO. :)

It's not perfect but it does help improve your odds, and also when the TFO is done. You'll still have the 3 people in your private group to add to other Random's or specific Queues in Task Force--till you disband the private group. Also people in the private group can choose to leave it as they need or want, or till the leader disbands it.

Still I don't mind running PUGs in Task Force, though that is me and I'm very easy-going.

Just don't like when people are mean in chat, it reflects more on them than what others are doing.
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • zzzspina01zzzspina01 Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    I always choose random TFOs and at the begining i constantly got remain klingin 2/3. the last 2 days i got it once 1/5. im finding less people are playing this TFO on random. im wandering if anyone else is finding this on there side of things.
    I cant brain I have the dumb
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    You shouldn't be getting ANY TFO that is part of an active event as a random.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,164 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    valoreah wrote: »
    All I have been doing and will continue to do is point out a viable alternative. Taking that as a signal to Cryptic to do nothing is a big leap.
    As I tried to point out before it’s not a viable alternative for everyone. It’s not possible for me to form a private team within the timeframe I have in my main playtime during the week. No matter how hard I try even if I try every day its just not going to happen due to the timezone when I play. Weekends are a different story but its an event which I cannot leave for weekends only.

You keep acting like it’s a choice. Well, its not as there is no choice. Perhaps 8 hours later in the day or if I had a longer play session then it’s a choice. For me right now private queues are not a choice or a viable solution. The server population is something like 500% lower at my current playtime over my old playtime. So its just not a viable alternative anymore to form private queues with other people as I cannot possible find enough people to form those queues in the time I have on a daily basis.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    Guys... cool off. This argument is getting NOWHERE.
    westmetals wrote: »
    No, I do not have a choice, when there is an event counter, endeavours, etc. in play and I have restricted time, and am put in a position of choosing either "do this NOW" or "do not do this at all".

As a normal forumite... in this event you actually do have options. They set it up so that you can either do the TFO (2 points of progress), the two new story missions (2 points of progress each), or patrols associated with the Klingon Civil War (One point of Progress each).

Also Endeavors are optional so no real pressure to get that done immediately.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.