test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mudd's Into Darkness and Beyond Choice Pack!

Comments

• Options
    jivedutchjivedutch Member Posts: 357 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    For me, the T6 Coupons are worthless. I still have one. The only reason I spent the other is when they scr×wed up on the Titan release.

Not entirely worthless, but quite similar here ... currently sitting on the following tokens..

Bound
    1x T6 100%
    1x T5 100%
    2x T6 50%
    13x T6X
    1x FSM
    165x VRPT
    405x RPT
    700x UPT

Unbound
    5x T6 100%
    6x T6X
    3x T5U
    7x FSM

Loyal player with all event ships, and all c-store ships , who hates gambling and activly tries to avoid lobi ships/gear and single-character gear.
  • Options
    arigon3arigon3 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Why are the non bundle Mudd items still full price?
  • Options
    darzil#7269 darzil Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    So, any chance for the choice box ships that we can get them all added to admiralty without having to claim them all individually on all characters?
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    arigon3 wrote: »
    Why are the non bundle Mudd items still full price?

They probably scr*wed up and are starting it at the same time that they are ending it - 10PT. About 20 minutes from now.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    Are, say, Romulans only able to claim the T'Laru from the 3-pack, etc?
  • Options
    mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    My wife does not yet have the cross-faction, and her Romulan was only able to claim the T'Laru and not the D4X she should also be able to get.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    mneme0 wrote: »
    Are, say, Romulans only able to claim the T'Laru from the 3-pack, etc?
    Since every character can now fly every ship... no, everyone can claim everything.

As long as cross faction flying is unlocked on the account.
    mneme0 wrote: »
    My wife does not yet have the cross-faction, and her Romulan was only able to claim the T'Laru and not the D4X she should also be able to get.

She needs to get the cross faction unlock first.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    solidshark214solidshark214 Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    Still no 75% off, at least as of five minutes ago. So... who screwed this one up, the programmers or Ambassador Kael? Was this a programming error or another copy-paste announcement gone bad?
  • Options
    sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    So with the cross faction all 3 ships in the first Kelvin pack will be claimable for each character, making obtaining all 3 set consoles possible?

I'm still in 2 minds, is there really any reason to pick the Spockmobile over the heavy destroyer?Booo

I was hoping for a double XP to master these new ships and they've delivered.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    So with the cross faction all 3 ships in the first Kelvin pack will be claimable for each character, making obtaining all 3 set consoles possible?

I'm still in 2 minds, is there really any reason to pick the Spockmobile over the heavy destroyer?Booo

I was hoping for a double XP to master these new ships and they've delivered.

The way its worded, you can pick three things. So in theory you can pick Box 1 with the first three Kelvin ships, Box 2 with the destroyers, AND either the Vengeance or Jellyfish.

And yes... cross faction allows all the ships to be used by all, so you CAN get the consoles and complete the set. And I think we are in an XP weekend.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    "In addition, everything else in Mudd's Market (except the other three bundles) will be on sale for 75% off from 6/10 at 8am PT (17:00 CEST) - 6/14 at 10am PT (19:00 CEST)!"

No sales on, what's going on?

Also, which "other three bundles" are they referring to? I'm really wanting to get the bundle with the Jem'Hadar Strike Ship but only if it's 75% off, consistent with other bundle pricing.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    I was thinking it was the other bundles that are there with previous event rewards, like the old FE Replay ones.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Stealing Time, Dread, Faith of the Heart Bundles. Perhaps, like last Christmas, this Christmas all these Bundles including this one will be 75% off.

If you take the two packs and a single ship, you will end up with 6 Ships, but you must claim the packs (new items in the Mudd's Market - Kelvin Heavy Destroyers and Kelvin Ships) multiple times and select one from a pack each time.

I found, on my KDF Recruit, that getting Admiralty Cards was a bit tough. The Constitution and the Kelvin took a logout and in to get them to show up.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Ok, so I knew about the JJPrise and Vengeance unlocking their hull materials for the other, but I did NOT know until just now while playing in the editor that the Einstein was included in that as well! Really cool bonus imo, when I eventually make a character to use the Einstein on I'll probably use the JJPrise hull material on it. I just wish these four hull materials (Vengeance has two, though one is considerably lower quality) unlocked for other federation ships as well.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,392 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Ok, so I knew about the JJPrise and Vengeance unlocking their hull materials for the other, but I did NOT know until just now while playing in the editor that the Einstein was included in that as well! Really cool bonus imo, when I eventually make a character to use the Einstein on I'll probably use the JJPrise hull material on it. I just wish these four hull materials (Vengeance has two, though one is considerably lower quality) unlocked for other federation ships as well.
    I mentioned it on the first page. :P And it looks pretty fancy in these.

It's unfortunately not the case for the KT hull material of the T'laru.

Also, I mentioned the little turrets coming out of their hatches when entering combat like in the movie when equipping its experimental weapon, but I discovered it worked with all other experimental weapons and possibly when not equipping an eX weap, even if it makes them look useless.

Related to the pack, the quad torpedo launcher of the Jellyfish has an interesting animation I didn't notice before where even if you equip it in a aft slot, the torpedoes are still launched from the front launcher of your ship but immediately turn around and fly along your ship hull to hit your target(s). It still respects the 90° arc of the slot.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    I bought the 3-item pack, haven't chosen my ships yet because with the double-XP weekend I'm busy mastering the ships from the last pack I bought.
  • Options
    Also, I mentioned the little turrets coming out of their hatches when entering combat like in the movie when equipping its experimental weapon, but I discovered it worked with all other experimental weapons and possibly when not equipping an eX weap, even if it makes them look useless.

I don't think it has anything to do with experimental weapons at all, but Red Alert status. I have the Kelvin D7, and her cannons actually extend a bit in combat. Hard to see, but its there. I would assume the Kelvin does the same with her turrets, as those are actually the ships primary weapons.
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Yes, i got the pack, tottaly worth it, for a moment i had the idea i wil devalue my KT ships that i have on other chars.. but now i can change ships on them for other traits and stuff, it's odd, but when i settle with a box/lobi ship on char, i rarely change it... i dunno why.. nuw i have no excuse
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    gaevsman wrote: »
    Yes, i got the pack, tottaly worth it, for a moment i had the idea i wil devalue my KT ships that i have on other chars.. but now i can change ships on them for other traits and stuff, it's odd, but when i settle with a box/lobi ship on char, i rarely change it... i dunno why.. nuw i have no excuse

Probably because you're now free to dismiss those ships if you need the space, but want to fly them again in the future.

I'm planning on getting the pack later on. Gonna see how much Zen I can save up before opening the wallet to get the rest of what's needed. Biggest draw for me is honestly the ships. While I have the Connie, D7, and Vengeance already... having them, and the others be account unlocks would be nice. Wanted to get a Kelvin on my DSC Character, and might replace my DSC Fleet BoP with the Kelvin BoP on my KDF.
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »
    gaevsman wrote: »

Probably because you're now free to dismiss those ships if you need the space, but want to fly them again in the future.

I'm planning on getting the pack later on. Gonna see how much Zen I can save up before opening the wallet to get the rest of what's needed. Biggest draw for me is honestly the ships. While I have the Connie, D7, and Vengeance already... having them, and the others be account unlocks would be nice. Wanted to get a Kelvin on my DSC Character, and might replace my DSC Fleet BoP with the Kelvin BoP on my KDF.

Yes, the Kelvin is awesome.. as the D7.. already had the T'laru (love everithing of that ship) and the Konnie, and also got the Jellyfish, havent tested it yet.. i used the torpedos in my Kelvin.. with the discount, and i already had 5000z from the sale, they realy where cheap, totally worth it..
  • Options
    garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    I am waiting for the choose one bundles. Where you get an entire store full of options, and you get to choose the one ship you want for a reasonable price of 3k zen.
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    garaffe wrote: »
    I am waiting for the choose one bundles. Where you get an entire store full of options, and you get to choose the one ship you want for a reasonable price of 3k zen.

3k zen for normal ships is a completely valid expectation. 3k zen for a lockbox/promo ship that averages over $100 to get, is not. These legendary/mudd bundles are giving people a way to get those lockbox/promo ships without gambling. But that doesn't mean they are going to devalue the ships by selling them individually for the same price as normal ships. That would make no sense.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    garaffe wrote: »

3k zen for normal ships is a completely valid expectation. 3k zen for a lockbox/promo ship that averages over $100 to get, is not. These legendary/mudd bundles are giving people a way to get those lockbox/promo ships without gambling. But that doesn't mean they are going to devalue the ships by selling them individually for the same price as normal ships. That would make no sense.

Correct, these are "Premium Ships", you cannot expect for them to cost the same as c-store ships, they are more akin to the Legendary Bundles, but they have even more value, as it's not only one ship and some goodies, this pack includes 6 different ships.
  • Options
    If you get 6 Ships, you are paying slightly under 2,500 Zen per ship. Comparable to a 3,000 Zen normal C-Store Ship with a normal 20% discount.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    If you get 6 Ships, you are paying slightly under 2,500 Zen per ship. Comparable to a 3,000 Zen normal C-Store Ship with a normal 20% discount.

Correct. The ships are not worth more than any average store ship, the perceived value only comes fromt he fact that they are gambleware and can cost anything between basically nothing and thousands of currencies. The ships itself however are not 'Premium* and don't have any inherent greater value.

The crux is that they only offer those ships in really expensive bundles. You can't effectively get a ship for 2500 Zen, you always have to pay for all of them.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    > @angrytarg said:
    > Correct. The ships are not worth more than any average store ship, the perceived value only comes fromt he fact that they are gambleware and can cost anything between basically nothing and thousands of currencies. The ships itself however are not 'Premium* and don't have any inherent greater value.
    >
    > The crux is that they only offer those ships in really expensive bundles. You can't effectively get a ship for 2500 Zen, you always have to pay for all of them.​​

Its pretty simple: the value is about averages. On *average*, it costs at $100-200 to get a lockbox or promo ship. So yes, they do have that greater inherent value, on *average*.

And yes, as you said, they aren't going to sell them individually. They require you to still spend a large amount to get them, even if it breaks down to a cheaper price per ship.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    gt86gt86 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    Ya'll have gotten really outrageous with your prices. Now way in hell I could justify spending $150 or $300 on anything in the game after discount with the regular prices being 300 and 600 that is as much as a New Playstation or Xbox. No thanks I'll pass like I do with all these bundles because ya'll have them priced way to high to justify.
This discussion has been closed.