test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

banning/blocking non players in TFOs

I'm getting really annoyed with players just sitting at the dreadnoughts in Remain Klingon and not helping. Just to get credit for being in the map. Because they are near the ships. they get targeted and don't move. so we all have to wait for the next lock on. whitch may target them again. So is they any way to not join a TFO these non players are already in ? Can you add them to a block list on your account so you dont have to deal with them. All i can find is a block from chat option. :s
I cant brain I have the dumb

Comments

• zzzspina01zzzspina01 Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    OK thanks. so the ignore option in the chat menu is the only one i can find. If so i already added a player to that and will continue using this option untill stated otherwise. Thanks for the feed back.
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,165 Arc User
    Some of those will be due to bugs in the TFO so they cannot see the target hitting them.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    westmetals wrote: »
    And once again the valoreah comment.... will advise avoiding randoms as the solution for every problem despite the fact that it's not realistic for everyone to do AND leads to reduced rewards.

It is no less viable a suggestion than anything else that can be suggested.

Also I'm not sure how a pre-formed team leads to reduced rewards. You queue up the same way solo as you do on a team. So the rewards should be equal.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Thanks for bringing your in game problems directly to forums OP. I’m sure we can find a satisfactory solution for you here.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
    valoreah wrote: »
    westmetals wrote: »
    And once again the valoreah comment.... will advise avoiding randoms as the solution for every problem despite the fact that it's not realistic for everyone to do AND leads to reduced rewards.

And of course it is followed by the commensurate "I am too lazy and cannot be bothered to do anything to improve my own situation, so program something for me" response. Preformed teams avoid having to deal with AFK players or others who do not play the way you like. As always, were people to put a fraction of the time they do complaining here about PUGs into socializing and finding like minded team mates to play with, their problems would have been solved a long time ago.
    My main play time is when the server population is at the lowest and trying to form a pre made team takes longer then the amount of playtime I have. Its not about being lazy your idea is just not practical for everyone and even if I do manage to make a pre formed team it doesn't even solve the problem. While I am member of some really good groups they only tend to be active 8 hours after my main play time.
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    My main play time is when the server population is at the lowest and trying to form a pre made team takes longer then the amount of playtime I have. Its not about being lazy your idea is just not practical for everyone and even if I do manage to make a pre formed team it doesn't even solve the problem. While I am member of some really good groups they only tend to be active 8 hours after my main play time.

I never once suggested forming pre-made teams is easy. It does take a degree of effort. Regardless of whether you are on at peak times or not, there are other players logged in and most certainly there are active groups on no matter the time.
    Just how is one meant to find those active groups? It seems impossible to me. I have no problem later in the day but at my main play time its just not possible to consistently get daily pre made runs in. I can try day in day out, week in, week out and just not get pre made groups in my main paly time. 8 hours later sure no problem. Pre made groups is just not a viable solution and doesn't even solve the problem anyway of people missing the triggers for the event.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Ok guys... things are getting a little too heated so please cool off.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Just how is one meant to find those active groups? It seems impossible to me. I have no problem later in the day but at my main play time its just not possible to consistently get daily pre made runs in. I can try day in day out, week in, week out and just not get pre made groups in my main paly time. 8 hours later sure no problem. Pre made groups is just not a viable solution and doesn't even solve the problem anyway of people missing the triggers for the event.

How did you find those other really good groups you admitted you already belong to? Was finding those somehow different than finding others? Clearly finding a group is not the impossible task you are suggesting it is since you have admitted you belong to some really good groups already.
    Yes finding those is different to finding others as its next to impossible at this point in the day. 8 to 12 hours from now its not only perfectly possible the groups will be thriving but I can no longer play at that time.

It’s to do with time zones. I am in my main playtime right now as I type this and outside ESD is near empty with 50 people and less then 200 people inside ESD often much less. All the community channels which I am in the max amount allowed and all are dead, no one is speaking and all have barely anyone active inside.

Like I said before how am I meant to find a community to run a premade event daily for this event at this point of time in the day? It just doesn't work.

*Before anyone misreads this. I am not saying STO is dead. MMO' have a high and low population point in every 24 hours and at this point in the day when I get online the population is at the low point. Running pre made groups at this point of the day is next to impossible daily. 8 to 12 hours from now will be a completed different story.

• zzzspina01zzzspina01 Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    zzzspina01 wrote: »
    I'm getting really annoyed with players just sitting at the dreadnoughts in Remain Klingon and not helping. Just to get credit for being in the map. Because they are near the ships. they get targeted and don't move. so we all have to wait for the next lock on. whitch may target them again. So is they any way to not join a TFO these non players are already in ? Can you add them to a block list on your account so you dont have to deal with them. All i can find is a block from chat option. :s

Have you ever tried forming your own team of players you know?

i would. but i play at random times. sometimes morning sometimes night. its hard to organise a time whit a group when i dont even know whn i might find time to play.
  • mysonne1mysonne1 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    Yes finding those is different to finding others as its next to impossible at this point in the day. 8 to 12 hours from now its not only perfectly possible the groups will be thriving but I can no longer play at that time.

It’s to do with time zones. I am in my main playtime right now as I type this and outside ESD is near empty with 50 people and less then 200 people inside ESD often much less. All the community channels which I am in the max amount allowed and all are dead, no one is speaking and all have barely anyone active inside.

Like I said before how am I meant to find a community to run a premade event daily for this event at this point of time in the day? It just doesn't work.

*Before anyone misreads this. I am not saying STO is dead. MMO' have a high and low population point in every 24 hours and at this point in the day when I get online the population is at the low point. Running pre made groups at this point of the day is next to impossible daily. 8 to 12 hours from now will be a completed different story.
    i would. but i play at random times. sometimes morning sometimes night. its hard to organise a time whit a group when i dont even know whn i might find time to play.

Sorry but unless you are the sole person logged into the game server, there are others around for you to look to form a team with, regardless of time of day. I also have varying play schedules from time to time so I can empathize it is not always a quick thing to form a team. You are welcome to PM me and add me to your friends list. I am happy to help out with teaming when able.

I solo 99% of the time in this game, you know why? Because I can get up and go get a drink after a couple missions, or take 30 mins to go puff a joint then come back. I can go at my own pace and not have to be crammed behind a screen for endless hours. The solution isnt always "find a group or team" its follow instructions on a derp easy TFO. If people cant do that they should go play candy crush. This TFO is about as easy as they come next to the borg TFO's
  • mysonne1mysonne1 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    mysonne1 wrote: »

Sorry but unless you are the sole person logged into the game server, there are others around for you to look to form a team with, regardless of time of day. I also have varying play schedules from time to time so I can empathize it is not always a quick thing to form a team. You are welcome to PM me and add me to your friends list. I am happy to help out with teaming when able.

I solo 99% of the time in this game, you know why? Because I can get up and go get a drink after a couple missions, or take 30 mins to go puff a joint then come back. I can go at my own pace and not have to be crammed behind a screen for endless hours. The solution isnt always "find a group or team" its follow instructions on a derp easy TFO. If people cant do that they should go play candy crush. This TFO is about as easy as they come next to the borg TFO's

it is easy...but people fail to take into account that there is a possibility that a player in the TFO is a young kid just enjoying the pew pew aspect.

while i doubt it is a huge number, one cant forget about the age differences this game has.

A "young" kid shouldnt be in TFO's if they havent been taught by their parent/guardian. Its an MMO, not candy crush or fortnite. My son is 10 and he does this TFO flawlessly because I took the time to sit with him through a run and show him. Also, im noticing that the players doing this always have some super sell your left nut to afford type ship. A young kid isnt affording those. I have a feeling its just some high dudes like me just being lazy. I have more fun flying my circle path for non stop progression.
This discussion has been closed.