test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

📢 The Reddit/Twitter dev tracker thread 📢

Comments

• saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    "We are still investigating[...]but believe it's been fixed internally"
    I'm pretty sure those two statements are contradictory, unless it's a quick fix that doesn't solve other instances of the bug.

But even then, considering the recent Tholian console apparently worked well on their build but they had no idea why it wasn't working on the live server....
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    I find it interesting - and disheartening - that the DRB bug has been going on for over two years, and players posting in that thread have specifically reached out to NO response at all.... and yet this "stuck weapons" thing got a post from the otherwise silent @ambassadorkael#6946 this morning. And a virtual promise of being fixed this week despite the usual "we can't comment on when this will be fixed".

Over the years, I have noticed that the bugs don't have an easy fix, almost never get fixed. The easier it is, the sooner it gets fixed. There are still quite a few well known bugs in the game from the days of closed beta before STO even launched officially.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    "We are still investigating[...]but believe it's been fixed internally"
    I'm pretty sure those two statements are contradictory

Not really, he's saying they THINK they've found the cause and fixed it, but they're still investigating because they want to be sure that it's finished.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »
    I find it interesting - and disheartening - that the DRB bug has been going on for over two years, and players posting in that thread have specifically reached out to NO response at all.... and yet this "stuck weapons" thing got a post from the otherwise silent @ambassadorkael#6946 this morning. And a virtual promise of being fixed this week despite the usual "we can't comment on when this will be fixed".

Over the years, I have noticed that the bugs don't have an easy fix, almost never get fixed. The easier it is, the sooner it gets fixed. There are still quite a few well known bugs in the game from the days of closed beta before STO even launched officially.

This one seems like it should be easy to fix though.... it's just that the learn button on the skills page doesn't actually teach the skill... something is blocking it from consuming the manuals.

The Preserver mission also gives the skill to craft those manuals, have you tried using one that you craft instead of the physical ones you get as part of the rewards? Or does the bug disable the ability to craft them?
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Oh look. Quality pass for another ship that really didn't need one:
    Outside of red bussard collectors and darker blue, what was really changed?
    Because once again with no "before" pic to compare to, it seems not much has changed.
    #TASforSTO
    edited June 2021
    And assuming it is fixed on Tribble, there is no guarantee it'll be on Holodeck once the patch goes through. After all, it's apparently considered normal that some bug fixes in Tribble don't get fixed on Holodeck.
    And according to replies to the tweet, it's not even fixed anyway.
    #TASforSTO
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    I'm assuming the new Federation interiors is part of the upcoming Mirror Universe storyarc. It's probably designed to change the theme (i.e. Prime Starfleet/Mirror Universe Terran Empire/MU Empress Leeta/Killie).

The new T6 ships (i.e. Steamrunner, Oberth, rest of those that have yet to get the T6 upgrade which may yet be in the pipeline) will probably be part of the MU storyarc release with MU Textures/tweaks.

But I'm just a plain and simple player, it's just a feeling I have.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User

I bet it's the Halloween event they've been talking about doing for years.
    eaY7Xxu.png
    edited June 2021

If it is the Halloween event, it would be nice if they could tie Spectres and AoY into it. Spectres was one of the tensest and creepiest episodes the game has and it is a shame that it was relegated to the level 65 ragbag instead of having the graphics brushed up and put back into place.

And since AoY seems to be probably taking a position in autumn or late fall and Spectres has the most TOS content of any arc in the main part of the game the two would naturally go together even though they were not originally created together.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2021

If it is the Halloween event, it would be nice if they could tie Spectres and AoY into it. Spectres was one of the tensest and creepiest episodes the game has and it is a shame that it was relegated to the level 65 ragbag instead of having the graphics brushed up and put back into place.

And since AoY seems to be probably taking a position in autumn or late fall and Spectres has the most TOS content of any arc in the main part of the game the two would naturally go together even though they were not originally created together.

Yes I agree, Spectres had a very scary. sly, or nasty feeling to it as well. I did like the Vulcan (clone) mission that appears on Friday the 13th weekends, still I'd love that to tie to Spectres in some unusual way as well. Still using Spectres for an Event be nice to see that cleaned up or enhanced, though they may tie it to something else as well?

As for next ARC...

One thing I'd always have loved to see in a next big ARC, is yes an ARC featuring Q, or if not the Entity himself, then one of the Continuum like Q Junior (his real life son) or even one of the other actors who portrayed a in at least one episode of Star Trek. Especially since we know Q himself is returning to Picard Season 2, yet also don't know what that will involve's except the Trial never Ends...

...at least for Picard, despite we've seen at least two members of the Continuum, take a particular interest in human's especially, and the real story is in the details we won't learn till 2022. First it was Quinn, though Q seemed to follow in his footsteps after being inspired by him originally. It even be nice to get Miss Q perhaps having had some of Quinn philosophy perhaps influence her. ;)

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Q_(species)

I know we've seen Janeway recently make a post about STO in recent months, I can only hope this might bring the two of them together again. Though I've also wondered what happened to Wil Wheaton's character, something that possibly involves the Traveler, or their society somehow, or some unique area of Research or Theory perhaps only Wesley understands...

https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Assignment:_Attempt_to_Contact_The_Traveler

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/The_Traveler

Either of those would be very interesting, possibly have a lot of surprises, or make for great story telling for sure! o:)
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png

Or alternatively: "Investigate a derelict ship with a Spore Drive. High probability of an incident involving helical trauma for the whole crew."

NOPE

For those wondering what helical trauma is, you could check on Memory Alpha or the DSC episode Context is for Kings for details, but... I wouldn't recommend it after a nice meal.
    #TASforSTO

Or alternatively: "Investigate a derelict ship with a Spore Drive. High probability of an incident involving helical trauma for the whole crew."

NOPE

For those wondering what helical trauma is, you could check on Memory Alpha or the DSC episode Context is for Kings for details, but... I wouldn't recommend it after a nice meal.

It is most likely based on what supposedly happened to some of the USS Eldritch's crew in the Philadelphia Experiment myth with them sunk into bulkheads or twisted in knots and whatnot.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    Well, what do you expect with a name like that...of course creepy TRIBBLE is going to happen.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    edited June 2021

NOPE

It is most likely based on what supposedly happened to some of the USS Eldritch's crew in the Philadelphia Experiment myth with them sunk into bulkheads or twisted in knots and whatnot.
    Well, I checked and it was the USS EldridGE, but yeah the point stands.

Every time I see a name like that in fiction or even in real life, I can't help but imagine a poor chap doing their research and pointing that out in a sarcastic way during the naming "meeting".

"The Event Horizon? For a black-hole powered ship? Good luck getting it back not horrifically distorted."
    "The Icarus? For a plane? Unmanned, I hope."
    "A generational ship named the Roanoke? Let me tell you about a real-life Earth story."
    "The USS Titanic? OK, now, you're messing with us."
    "The Lovecraft? For a solo adventure at the sea? Ooooooh boy."
    "-Metal Gear? -Metal Gear. -You... don't know the video game? -Video game? -You know, about the nuclear robots... -Nuclear robots?"
    "You... called a new battery the Tunguska? Completely safe you say? We'll see about tha*BOOM*"
    "A new type of camo armor branded Tueymoa? Yeah, yeah, that sounds like a cool name... That's also the literal French pronunciation for "Kill me"."
    "The Rasputin for a tank you're boasting as indestructible?... OK, got me there."
    #TASforSTO
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2021
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Oh look. Quality pass for another ship that really didn't need one:

Well I admit the Type 7A is an nice improvement on the Type 7, which was my favorite of all Federation Materials.

I'm glad Garagin made the list of Ships updated, hope this includes Yamatoe being similar to Andromedia.

Though it would be nice to see a earlier released T5/T6 Ship or two, added before the update in 2.5 months or so. :)
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    I honestly didn't like Hearts and Minds for Halloween. The Spectres arc and Tenebris in the Gamma arc were so much more fitting for Halloween than Hearts and Minds.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    NANI? We can pick different backgrounds now?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • mikewallace#2209 mikewallace Member Posts: 106 Arc User

Hope it is a revamp to Summer Event...but perhaps too late for that. I will take a revamp Winter Event or a new Battlezone perhaps.

Who the heck cares for Halloween...like having St Patricks day or Cinco de Mayo in STO :D
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Yes, ESD, Qo'nos, New Romulus, Gamma Quadrant, a green screen, and a black screen, are selectable.

Green screen sounds interesting for screen shots
    eaY7Xxu.png
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Yes, ESD, Qo'nos, New Romulus, Gamma Quadrant, a green screen, and a black screen, are selectable.

Green screen sounds interesting for screen shots

Definitely :) You should be able to set the green as the "cut" color to make masks and inserts for inserting the ship in custom scenes.