test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Remain Klingon (REVIEW)

With the new event called Only Qo'noS Endures, I've decided to review the new PVE event, starting with the Remain Klingon.

Unfortunately, there's no Advanced and/or Elite difficulty, only Normal.

The summary is as follow:
  1. Destroy the defending ships.
  2. Use the Targ and Kristak's special ability to disable the opposing 'boss' ship.
  3. While that, prevent coward Klingons from escaping Qo'noS (Optional).
  4. Furthermore, if you're being targeted by either boss' special weapon, evade (Optional).
  5. Defeat both boss.

The first point, destroying two waves of defending ships is pretty straightforward. However my attention is the second objective.

The Targ has Spore Drive (shills will keep saying STO is canon, while it's a poorly written fan fic with 0 logic), while the Kristak has multiple cloaking device. In order to prevent players from defeating them, they will launch a homing virus torpedo at you.

You will have to use this homing virus torpedo to the opposing boss, say the Targ targets you, and you will have to move your ship to the Kristak so that the virus torpedo will be targeting the Kristak.

Now, this is stupid. Even with the green indicator and arrow, indicating that player is being targeted, they will act dumb and expect miracle. In fact, I saw multiple players sitting on top of the Targ, while being targeted by the Targ's homing virus--same goes for players on the Kristak.

If you failed to move to the opposing boss, the virus will simply randomly disable your power systems, and cycle through all, however, this causes the optional objective counter to go up by 1 or 2 (if there are two players being targeted by respective bosses). There are maximum 10 failure counter.

Even with multiple calls and PM to that player whom is immobile for no reason, and waiting for miracle, they did nothing. I would suggests that the virus totally destroy the player ship, if they are within the radius of the boss ship that launched the virus. I mean, it's a virus, they can initiate a self-destruct at will--else, it's just cripple them.

Heck, the small notification from Martok is not enough to convince them to move their f-king TRIBBLE over to the opposing boss.

Aside from player issue, why are the enemy ships spawning like there's no tomorrow? This also suffers from the same instant spawning rate, like the Defend of Starbase One, as well as the rage inducing Gravity Kills.

I think this PVE is another woke story, as a mysterious 23rd visitor from the AIDS-verse (or Cuntman-verse) appears in the Prime timeline and attempts to dominate.

Although it's Alliance, it's to defeat the Iconians as well as Temporal event, NOT for internal conflict. Does the Federation not adhere to the Prime Directive?

PVE Score - 2/10

Comments

• trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    Since it does not require me to press F at all I am really liking this one plus most players limit themselves to spacebar aux2bat brain dead builds but utilizing pilot ships and such not only does it go faster but its also good for the xp of spawn rates like that. I found though if I just queue it by myself though I can do it faster than I can with a full team of players.
  • alfanx01alfanx01 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    Since it does not require me to press F at all I am really liking this one plus most players limit themselves to spacebar aux2bat brain dead builds but utilizing pilot ships and such not only does it go faster but its also good for the xp of spawn rates like that. I found though if I just queue it by myself though I can do it faster than I can with a full team of players.

The mission is pretty straightforward, however, certain players are making the game much longer than it should be.

• yougetbanned#1188 yougetbanned Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Certain TFO require "team+work" and this one even proper interaction with the NPC?!
    Played once - never again ever.
    A great tfo you can solo in Private mode without having to rely on anyone else but yourself.
    A good tfo can be completed with PUG by yourself without having to rely on anyone else but yourself.
    Everything else is something to be avoided.
  • starsider32485starsider32485 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    So...I'd like to suggest a little tweak(Especially if they continue to do events with this one): If you get targeted by one of the flagships and fail to shift its target to the other one...it instantly kills you when the timer runs out.

Maybe if they're blowing up all the time, the scrubs who can't be bothered to learn the mission's mechanics (despite all the GLARING HINTS on their displays and two voice actors screaming at them) would finally figure it out.
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    Yeah, there just needs to be some function that allows the one player that knows what they are doing to carry the rest with this. So that there is still a chance to get that optional when people just sit and not go to the right place, and it keeps choosing those people and it never ends.