test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

trying to find omega rep visuals for boffs

will#4752 will Member Posts: 58 Arc User
i can`t seem to find these on console. been playing 2 yrs and though i use the omega set on my boffs i`ve never tried to use the visuals on any of them til recently. when i tried i couldn`t see any of the omega reps even though they`re all unlocked. so i tried different boffs and nothing, tried different toons including kdf and even had somebody else check too, still no gamma rep visuals. tried the forums, searched through all ps4 bug reports and what seemed like half the other posts. found 2 mentions neither of which had answers. tried the internet which wasn`t overly helpful except a couple of videos showing boffs wearing omega and adapted maco. so could anybody please tell me why i can`t find them, thank you.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    I'm not 100% sure...but if memory serves this one one of those sets that boffs can't actually use. It's super lame, but yeah :/

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • will#4752 will Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    I'm not 100% sure...but if memory serves this one one of those sets that boffs can't actually use. It's super lame, but yeah :/

ah which platform are you talking about?
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Actually, I just checked and you can.

BUT

I can't confirm as I tried various things at once, but it only appears if you go with one of three possibilities.
    Either:
    -you try modifying a Boff once, then trying it again on another Boff and check if the uniform option appears in the dropdown menu
    OR
    -you select the option on your captain first (even if you don't apply it, you just need to select it) and then it appears for the Boffs
    OR
    -you need to have an opposite faction Boff you get by being Rank 4 diplomacy/marauder and check them first.

Incredibly weird behavior.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1

BUT

I can't confirm as I tried various things at once, but it only appears if you go with one of three possibilities.
    Either:
    -you try modifying a Boff once, then trying it again on another Boff and check if the uniform option appears in the dropdown menu
    OR
    -you select the option on your captain first (even if you don't apply it, you just need to select it) and then it appears for the Boffs
    OR
    -you need to have an opposite faction Boff you get by being Rank 4 diplomacy/marauder and check them first.

i see you`ve edited out trying on another toon so instead of waiting for that result i`ll tell you mine. your first possibility, as stated above i did try more than one boff. the second possibility, cant really do boffs and captains at the same time. one or the other. third possibility, i just tried that and nothing shows for that either. but thank you for trying.
    edited June 2021
    will#4752 wrote: »

BUT

Either:
    OR
    OR

i see you`ve edited out trying on another toon so instead of waiting for that result i`ll tell you mine. your first possibility, as stated above i did try more than one boff. the second possibility, cant really do boffs and captains at the same time. one or the other. third possibility, i just tried that and nothing shows for that either. but thank you for trying.
    Yeah, because at first I discovered no other character had the set.
    Then, I checked my roster if one had enough components to craft the 3 items of the set and after finding one that just needed 1 germanium via a TFO, I completed it and realized the gamma armor was in the options anyway, so once it's visible for one character during a session, it's visible for all.

Also, for the 2nd option, I don't get what you mean. I mean, select the option on your captain, then exit the captain tailor and check if it makes the option visible for Boffs.
    #TASforSTO
    i am so sorry i made a mistake in saying gamma when i meant omega. i didn`t realise til you mentioned germanium. i`ve edited the post but can`t apologise enough for your wasted efforts.

Yeah, because at first I discovered no other character had the set.
    Then, I checked my roster if one had enough components to craft the 3 items of the set and after finding one that just needed 1 germanium via a TFO, I completed it and realized the gamma armor was in the options anyway, so once it's visible for one character during a session, it's visible for all.

Also, for the 2nd option, I don't get what you mean. I mean, select the option on your captain, then exit the captain tailor and check if it makes the option visible for Boffs.[/quote]

ah yes i tried that. i put all the parts on, though i didn`t apply. it didn`t work either.
    i am so sorry i made a mistake in saying gamma when i meant omega. i didn`t realise til you mentioned germanium. i`ve edited the post but can`t apologise enough for your wasted efforts.
    No worries.

That's still weird, though as, at least on PC, the Omega outfits work on Boffs.

Though, if I remember correctly, this is the only reputation that requires an additional rep project to fully unlock the outfit.
    #TASforSTO
    No worries.

That's still weird, though as, at least on PC, the Omega outfits work on Boffs.

Though, if I remember correctly, this is the only reputation that requires an additional rep project to fully unlock the outfit.

thanks. the videos i watched were from a pc user, it`s why i asked here knowing theoretically they are available. i`ve unlocked all the options though like a fool i didn`t check the initial set first. might`ve cost me time and resources now. it`s troubling seeing another outfit for boffs available on pc but not on console again. the borg exoskeleton frame is also available to boffs on pc but not console as well. i`ve yet to know why for that too.
This discussion has been closed.