test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Molar's Flaming Sword is BAD

I hate to start a title with this exactly, graphically it is very beautiful, the animations are well done EXCEPT functionality is awful.

Chain pulls in targets but cuts them loose before getting in striking range, once a swing combo starts they are not lunging forward to connect so the AI just slowly retreats while they shoot you, if the sword added root effect it isn't so bad, or the sword pulls them into range it would be great but again it feels like the new sword is a half baked strategic weapon, same with the Ferengi Whip, it can not get upgraded or re-engineered, those stats are fixed, If they just added a root effect after getting a chain attack it would get better and actually usable or the homing shot that Vulcan Mind Meld Device or the Nanopulse Mek'Leth does it would be fine, also a more accurate weapon cause in the game, Melee weapons put the characters at a HUGE disadvantage to use, they slowly retreat and you keep swinging (like the star wars kid until you fall down) this need a fix version, while i am not on PC, i am on PS4 and that is where i got the weapon so if i am missing how to use the weapon more accurately than please tell me how

Comments

• ulmanchunulmanchun Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    I am a pc player and yes all melee weapons are pretty much nerfed a bit with enemies always pull away. It it as you said star wars kid it because instead of rooting the enemy it roots you while you swing wide and miss most of the time cause they target it a foot way. They forgot this is not filmset but a game and there it no camera to make it look like it hit you really need it to hit.

I think they should but some kinda aggro function in the game. Should be like you hit the enemy and they respond by aggression and come towards you to fight back then will keep coming at you unless run pretty far way to let the aggro cooldown happen or the target gets taken out. I never played neverwinter but i am sure they have melee so could they not import some movement patterns or something to patch into this game.

In one point or another had many different melee weapons but phased them out. I do live my throwing knives. They should as more throwing weapons like ninja stars, axes, darts, and attack tribbles ( never go the point of the tribbles. why not just throw them at people as a weapon.)
  • mrlostsoul#1950 mrlostsoul Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    The burning sword is silly looking in my opinion. It looks like the char is holding a chunk of burning metal debris. I wish the sword looked more sword like, and not a so can opener from hell.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,995 Arc User
    I call upon the guardians of this realm to arise and unleash your guardian power to banish this Necro into the afterlife and never return.

@darkbladejk @rattler2
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,005 Community Moderator
    Yup... we got a zombie.
    *Casts Holy Photon Torpedo*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.