test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Yup, Its gotten to this point.

mysonne1mysonne1 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
Had it .. Enough is enough, either participate or log off.

(redacted) decided to AFK and waste our time, toss on ignore/block. Player reported. Waste someone else's time.
Post edited by darkbladejk on

Comments

• mysonne1mysonne1 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    more names to follow
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Naming and shaming violates the forum TOS.

Thats great, Dont care. Time they did something about these people
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    mysonne1 wrote: »

They did. It's called an AFK penalty. And that's all they (and most other games) will ever do. Merely AFK'ing/leeching, is not a ban-worthy offense.
    kiralyn wrote: »

They did. It's called an AFK penalty. And that's all they (and most other games) will ever do. Merely AFK'ing/leeching, is not a ban-worthy offense.

AFK/wasting the time of those who actually participate is also griefing .. If these people cannot handle flying through a colored circle with a flashy arrow that even has the game BEEP BOP BOOP as everyone wants nowadays, they can log off and play candy crush. 20+ failures with only two correct completions per ship is utterly pathetic. There is Mouth breathers and then there are MOUTH BREATHERS
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    Rant threads are also against the ToS. You did all you could in reporting them.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited June 2021

The only thing that's likely to happen is this thread getting locked and the names deleted. @rattler2 @darkbladejk
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    *Puh! Lucky me didn’t get caught AFKIng*
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
    *Puh! Lucky me didn’t get caught AFKIng*

Its not that they zoned in and went AFK, they flew next to a ship and just sat there, with the team screaming at them to move and do the objective.
  • mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    My toddler needed a sudden diaper change.

The phone rang and it was important.

The doorbell rang and it was important.

My son's online class disconnected and I had to provide tech support.

I got wife aggro.

That's a tiny sample of excuses why I may have to go AFK (disregarding actual in-game foolishness like Swarm's timer-gameplay during which you accomplish nothing by NOT going AFK). Who the cuss are you to call for me to get banned over this? I already get a leaver penalty, ne? Chill out.

In before the lock. :)
    mneme0 wrote: »
    My toddler needed a sudden diaper change.

The phone rang and it was important.

The doorbell rang and it was important.

My son's online class disconnected and I had to provide tech support.

I got wife aggro.

That's a tiny sample of excuses why I may have to go AFK (disregarding actual in-game foolishness like Swarm's timer-gameplay during which you accomplish nothing by NOT going AFK). Who the cuss are you to call for me to get banned over this? I already get a leaver penalty, ne? Chill out.

In before the lock. :)

Sounds like a "you" problem. Dont hit the queue button unless you can dedicate the 10 minutes a successful run takes. Not 45 minutes of failure.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,697 Community Moderator
    and that's enough out this flame fest. name and shame is against the forum rules and it will get shut down every time. If you believe someone to be violating rules, then file a report. naming and shaming here will not be tolerated. /closed
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.