test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Weapons Won't Fire

Comments

• alfanx01alfanx01 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    After 3 days of testing, I figured that you should refrain from using your BOFF to augment the weapons.

Not sure if auto-firing and/or weapon modifier like [Over] contribute in your weapons being disabled.

I made a video which you can click on this link, in that TFO, I never used my BOFF's beam abilities to augment it--with one accidental click.
  • scotty74321scotty74321 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    What I said , What they said.

Since the patch on the 25th Many House United , weapons on ships are failing to engage on autofire and manual fire , either spacebar key map or in game weapon UI . You can start a TFO such as the new Jail Break at Rura Penthe to free house kang prisoners, however weapons cooldowns gradually increase before locking out and becoming unuseable with a solid white border round the affected weapon slot on the UI. (See jpg) In this battle the front two slots from left to right have a border and the rear left. This can *very (typo)(vary) from TFO to TFO but appears to primarily affect lock box weapons and crafted weapons. Reputation weapons are not affected. It feels as though the ship is been down graded by something to a level 40, 30 ,20. It feels like T6 scaleable ships which as you increase in level , unlock features and weapon slots , is working in reverse and locking up features of a level 65 toon. please sort this it really affects the engament of the game and ruins any interaction in the new content which I can't do until this is repaired.

...except the weapons affected on my TOS CAC were 23c loot drop weapons (23c Phasers and 23c Torpedoes).

Dude LOCK box Weapons are loot box weapons? The Lobi Consortium sell the magic keys (zen store) that open the LOCKED boxes and are then tradable items on the exchange. Dont use me in quotes to rewrite what I have written, if you have an issue raise a ticket with support and post your comment / response to that here, or , if you have a possible solution, such as the @(idividual) in my case who had found a possible work around to the issue.
    Laddy, don't you think you should... rephrase that??
    What I said , What they said.

Since the patch on the 25th Many House United , weapons on ships are failing to engage on autofire and manual fire , either spacebar key map or in game weapon UI . You can start a TFO such as the new Jail Break at Rura Penthe to free house kang prisoners, however weapons cooldowns gradually increase before locking out and becoming unuseable with a solid white border round the affected weapon slot on the UI. (See jpg) In this battle the front two slots from left to right have a border and the rear left. This can *very (typo)(vary) from TFO to TFO but appears to primarily affect lock box weapons and crafted weapons. Reputation weapons are not affected. It feels as though the ship is been down graded by something to a level 40, 30 ,20. It feels like T6 scaleable ships which as you increase in level , unlock features and weapon slots , is working in reverse and locking up features of a level 65 toon. please sort this it really affects the engament of the game and ruins any interaction in the new content which I can't do until this is repaired.

...except the weapons affected on my TOS CAC were 23c loot drop weapons (23c Phasers and 23c Torpedoes).

Your repeating what i'm saying, if you have an issue then raise a ticket with support and post it here, LOCK box weapons are loot drop weapons , you use the majic Lobi consortium keys (zen store) to open the boxes those little space and ground loot critters shaped as the current feature box, and if you so desire then post them as tradable items on the exchange. I merely posted what my experience was as directed by support, and Thanked @ in response to their possible solution to keep things working in the iterim by not using certain TAC skills.
  • ange#8502 ange Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Same issue. Beams dont work.
  • whiteknight1xwhiteknight1x Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    I just did "Wanted" and "Gravity KiIls" and at first no problem then suddenly beams stop working correctly. 1 maybe 2 front beams will work. Both FAW and BO wont trigger. ticket ID #521,414.

• pattonj324pattonj324 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Death resets the bug but I have found that its an "Autofire" issue ... ever since my first experience with the weapon glitch, I turned off Autofire and I haven't had an issue. I've run many instances, missions, and "Best Served Cold" runs and ever since disabling Autofire, its been fine.

Coincidence? Who knows.

• pino31pino31 Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    This happens to me every day since the most recent content update. Here's me today pressing phasers and none of my forward phasers will fire.
    https://youtu.be/QfdDQruPuBM
  • sniper1187sniper1187 Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Weapons don't work, soon afk penalty will start, players will leave the game, zen store and subs go down, the higher-up people see the money drop, the devs and others will be dragged thru a 200 foot hall on their knees on Legos. lol
    "Nuke the entire site from orbit--it's the only way to be sure"
  • vodka#7489 vodka Member Posts: 3 New User
    Did more tests and here's what I found. The bug seems to trigger the most when firing your weapons with, as noted by others, a weapon enhancement ability active (in my case, Beam Overload), but that's incomplete. The bug really loves to trigger when you do that AND continue to fire right as the weapon enhancement ability wears off.

The bug didn't trigger when I fired my beams with BO active so long as my weapons stopped firing before the buff ended (i.e. BO lasts for 10 seconds unmodified. Fire away but make sure your weapons have stopped firing before the 10 seconds have run out.). You'll have to turn off autofiring to test this, of course. Doing it the other way around (i.e., firing your weapons first then activating a weapon buff in the midst of firing) didn't seem to trigger the bug either (if it could, it hasn't happened to me yet).

Again, I've only tested this with beam weapons and Beam Overload. It's easy to test with BO since it only fires once (or twice? Not sure, I just mash spacebar) per firing cycle, making it easier to halt firing before the buff ended. I'll leave it to everyone else willing and able to verify my results with their own tests, especially on FAW and cannon abilities.

As for situations where weapons stop firing outside of these parameters, I have no idea.
  • kirstieinkirstiein Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    I am going to suggest a possible fix. This sounds a lot like the issue that happened when the episode that you play as the tskenti came out. Try turning off auto attack and then right click your weapons and make sure they are not highlighted in green. The OP had all their weapons except torps highlighted so those are the weapons that are set to auto attack. This might fix the issue.
    Helping people is my passion in life. If I see someone without a smile I try to give them mine. :)
  • supers#7398 supers Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    kirstiein wrote: »
    I am going to suggest a possible fix. This sounds a lot like the issue that happened when the episode that you play as the tskenti came out. Try turning off auto attack and then right click your weapons and make sure they are not highlighted in green. The OP had all their weapons except torps highlighted so those are the weapons that are set to auto attack. This might fix the issue.

When I first encountered the bug I dabbled in turning auto-fire on/off but had no luck back then, though I quickly moved on to find the trigger point which is BOFF direct energy weapon buffs, which also includes Intel' 'Surgical Strikes'. I'll test this today, again, and see if I moved on from it too fast though if turning off auto fire alleviates the issue it is an ad-hoc "fix" at best that serves those of us that reads the forums. Back in the old days a lot more people read game-forums but today people use Twitter, Reddit, FB and otherwise to get their info.

If indeed disabling auto-fire will allow the use of BOFF abilities then developers need to look at both sets of routines. Also, people are so used to auto-fire after years on years of using it that it will take a while to get used to pressing fire again between each shot. So, as before, really hoping this has been fixed internally and that we'll see a patch go live come Thursday.
    edited June 2021
    Ok, just did a 'Remain Klingon' TFO (ended 12:05am CET) and 'Khitomer Vortex Advanced' (ended 12:28am CET) without auto-fire enabled and all my guns made it through both missions without issues. So yeah, this seems like an ad-hoc "fix". You'll have to manually push your fire-button every 1-3 seconds depending on armament which most likely ends up being us continually pressing the button instead of timing it and that'll probably creat a whole lot of traffic/feedback on the server so not sure if it'll just swap one issue for another, though the latter doesn't affect the user directly in some known way (currently).

EDIT: Disregard, did not work after all
    Post edited by supers#7398 on
  • claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited June 2021

I am not even using auto fire in the first place and it happens to me, but mostly I spam my fire button to get the most shots, I have tryed slowing down the rate of my "button spam" and it still locks up sometimes.
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"

Seems I spoke too soon, after not using auto-fire for a while in the end the bug came "back" and disabled guns none-the-less.

claudiusdk wrote: »

I am not even using auto fire in the first place and it happens to me, but mostly I spam my fire button to get the most shots, I have tryed slowing down the rate of my "button spam" and it still locks up sometimes.

Yes, seems like it. We, the users, have tried a lot of things now and reported back to the devs in this thread and support tickets. Hope they makes sense of it and a fix is released this week.
    edited June 2021
    nvm this post, clicked wrong button
  • antonisrho#4368 antonisrho Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    It appears that they get disabled everytime I press SPACE quickly. What seems to be working better (not a solution as some will get stuck regardless) is have them all on autofire and press SPACE once (I have it set to autolock but not fire automatically), so once you lock a target press once and then let them do their autofire thing. I can use BOFS without them glitching.
    It appears that they get disabled everytime I press SPACE quickly. What seems to be working better (not a solution as some will get stuck regardless) is have them all on autofire and press SPACE once (I have it set to autolock but not fire automatically), so once you lock a target press once and then let them do their autofire thing. I can use BOFS without them glitching.

Tried that early on, but they will eventually glitch out or at least they did for me. Might take a bit longer, and some of the short TFOs they last, but eventually the went offline...
  • drycraeft#5841 drycraeft Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    Already done and same... but i only experience it when playing the Tzenkethi Battlezone as far as i've seen, everything except Turrets stops working every single game for me, the Kelvin Timeline Phaser Emitter Array i never see firing ever though.
    Already done and same... but i only experience it when playing the Tzenkethi Battlezone as far as i've seen, everything except Turrets stops working every single game for me, the Kelvin Timeline Phaser Emitter Array i never see firing ever though.

The best solution is not to use your BOFF to augment your weapons.
    Considering that it is almost a week, I think Craptic will release the patch by end of the f-king event. Nice.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    You know, whenever such game-breaking issues happen, Cryptic ought to postpone an event.

It's ridiculous to pretend that nothing's wrong and just to keep expecting players to complete an event when some of the most basic functions of the game aren't working properly.

Cryptic, if you can't fix issues like these immediately (which is quite understandable), at least be tactful enough to do the second-best thing and give players the option to return at a later time - instead of forcing them to continue playing a broken game.

FFS.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • eladonwarps#6040 eladonwarps Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    Perhaps it's because it's not affecting as many as we might think? I don't know for sure, but speaking for myself, I've had the aforementioned issues on only 1 out of 14 captains, and on that 1 captain I've had the "white box = no fire" bug exactly twice on 2 of her 6 Beam Arrays (never affected X-weapon or torp), and one other time her Auto-fire was behaving as if it was set to "fire until target change" instead of "maintain," and in that case I only had to hit spacebar again on target change until I changed maps.

So for my personal datapoint, I've got 13 unaffected captains to do the event on. But I've definitely been hearing that other players are having more captains affected and more extremely, I'm not trying to discount or dismiss that. Something is clearly happening that needs to be fixed as soon as possible, but all I'm saying is that maybe it's taking longer to diagnose because it's not being seen as often, and therefore harder to track down for the QA side. If so, that could be the reason for the seemingly sluggish response.
    Call me "El," she/her only. I love my wife and I don't care who knows it!
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Well, I've seen at least 3 of my captains suffer from it, out of four who heavily use energy weapons.

Just when I wrote my previous post, I was in a To hell with honour mission. Out of seven beams, two stopped firing before we had cleared shipyard Beta. Two more had stopped firing before we had destroyed one of the power stations.

I had to spend almost an entire TFO with only one working front beam (and four aft weapons), and half of it with that one front beam and only two aft weapons.

It's like watching your entire ship fall apart in front of your eyes.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • sabrejack#7696 sabrejack Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I have 9 toons who are all affected by this game breaking bug and if it doesn't get fixed this Thursday, I will be abandoning the event and taking a very long break from STO which I've played regularly for more than 2 years now.
    Cryptic are on the verge of losing my goodwill so I hope they take note and do whatever it takes to squash this bug once and for all.
  • xinaerkxinaerk Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    I can try shoot at 'em some nasty insults and free hate... But I don't think those enemy ships are going to take serious damage to anything but their ego...
    Considering that it is almost a week, I think Craptic will release the patch by end of the f-king event. Nice.
    xinaerk wrote: »
    I can try shoot at 'em some nasty insults and free hate... But I don't think those enemy ships are going to take serious damage to anything but their ego...

The Borg is completely immune to insults, maybe the Queen--but she's too big.
  • hondix84hondix84 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I have 2 Accounts, both are affected by this and i didnt play since it and will not or never ever if this wont be fixed, not playable with this bug... Saddens me very hard, playing since release in 2010...
    Perhaps it's because it's not affecting as many as we might think? I don't know for sure, but speaking for myself, I've had the aforementioned issues on only 1 out of 14 captains, and on that 1 captain I've had the "white box = no fire" bug exactly twice on 2 of her 6 Beam Arrays (never affected X-weapon or torp), and one other time her Auto-fire was behaving as if it was set to "fire until target change" instead of "maintain," and in that case I only had to hit spacebar again on target change until I changed maps.

So for my personal datapoint, I've got 13 unaffected captains to do the event on. But I've definitely been hearing that other players are having more captains affected and more extremely, I'm not trying to discount or dismiss that. Something is clearly happening that needs to be fixed as soon as possible, but all I'm saying is that maybe it's taking longer to diagnose because it's not being seen as often, and therefore harder to track down for the QA side. If so, that could be the reason for the seemingly sluggish response.

Maybe because you have a large number of captains with different loadout, and playing a single PVE? Most on average have 1 or 2 accounts, and more or less use the same loadout (say Beams+Torp, doesn't matter what kind of beams/torp and/or modifier).

In fact, it happened to me yesterday and today, when I accidentally clicked on beam overload.
    edited June 2021
    Worringly there is no acknowledgement of these issues in the patch notes dated June 2/3 deployment , not a, We are aware,
    or we are investigating and hope to put in place a solution, yes support have said we will forward it to the Devs , but hello Devs what is going on. Surely Crytpic understand the purpose of the forums to keep the player base informed. I dont use Twitter and I dont use Facebook , never have never will , and the rest of the world boycots these social media outlets for their abiltiy to not be very social. However the games forums should be the first contact point between the Devs and the player base, so sort it out CRYPTIC. I have a Kelvin D7 kitted out for the Year of Klingon with top level gear and traits that no longer functional due to the TAC skills issues, I created this ship to enjoy the Klingon content and I refuse to do the end content till those issues are sorted Supremacy is functionless, Point Defence Protocols are functionless if i cant activate BFAW without all my weapons shutting down same for the Cannon Tac skills. So all the excitement for the end of the story has been left flattened by your lack of response, Poor show.
  • captsxcolcaptsxcol Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Another patch and still no news...
    Shame on House Cryptic