test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

RTFO and Event TFOs without cooldowns

Can we perhaps have either a cooldown on event TFOs so that when choosing to queue for random TFO, we don't end up in Event -> something else -> Same event again -> something else -> back to event, over and over?

What I'd really like to see is a map veto style system, so we can opt out of say, 3-5 space or ground TFO's, or just event maps. I know this flies in the face of "But random is random!!", but due to the constant back-to-back events, it's not really random, is it? RTFO players are simply a pool of people that top up whatever others have actively queued for it seems, so I just end up in the same handful TFO's day after day. This has been especially true since the latest event and the release of Remain Klingon TFO. And yes, I do understand it's also because only a few TFOs are considered 'worth the time spent' for those handful that I see every day.

While I actually like Remain Klingon and its objectives (minus when half my weapons becoming inoperable 1 by 1 over the course of it), it's very trying on my patience when, inevitably, some team members just ignore the giant green marker on their ship and obvious arrow pointing to where they need to go and the voice prompts, and certainly don't respond to / read team chat for instructions. I just don't want to play it over and over when I've queued for random.

Please at least consider some kind of change in how randoms are selected, thanks.
[6:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Antiproton Banks - Overload III deals 166213 (61268) Antiproton Damage(Critical) to Gateway.

Comments

• Options
    murkalael#7691 murkalael Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    Random TFOs can hold only 3 different TFOs, and after midnight things start to get creepy, I once got into Swarm TFO 3 times in a row with no cooldown, like ended swarm, queued and Swarm again. Then when I went to check cooldowns, I had none. Not to mention briefing times, some are huge, you even have time to defrag your hard drive.
    IInLzhi.gif
  • Options
    mandellorian#9145 mandellorian Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    List of TFO types that shouldn`t be included according to PWE themselves.

PvP Matches
    Shuttle Matches
    Competitive PvEvP Matches
    Gamma Battlezone Matches
    Limited-Time Event Matches
    10+ Person Matches

The event TFOs by their own rules shouldn`t be included in the random mix but we get this everytime they do a new event, we have to wait until the next patch drops before they manage to remove the event TFO from the "Random" rotation.
  • Options
    faelon#8433 faelon Member Posts: 358 Arc User
    bitterscot wrote: »
    Can we perhaps have either a cooldown on event TFOs so that when choosing to queue for random TFO, we don't end up in Event -> something else -> Same event again -> something else -> back to event, over and over?

What I'd really like to see is a map veto style system, so we can opt out of say, 3-5 space or ground TFO's, or just event maps. I know this flies in the face of "But random is random!!", but due to the constant back-to-back events, it's not really random, is it? RTFO players are simply a pool of people that top up whatever others have actively queued for it seems, so I just end up in the same handful TFO's day after day. This has been especially true since the latest event and the release of Remain Klingon TFO. And yes, I do understand it's also because only a few TFOs are considered 'worth the time spent' for those handful that I see every day.

While I actually like Remain Klingon and its objectives (minus when half my weapons becoming inoperable 1 by 1 over the course of it), it's very trying on my patience when, inevitably, some team members just ignore the giant green marker on their ship and obvious arrow pointing to where they need to go and the voice prompts, and certainly don't respond to / read team chat for instructions. I just don't want to play it over and over when I've queued for random.

Please at least consider some kind of change in how randoms are selected, thanks.

I just came here to post the same thing. It's a fun TFO... in MODERATION. But when it's the only thing you get every time you click the Random button, without fail, it starts to give me a headache. The traditional 30 minute cooldown should be perfectly fine for it. No reason not to have it.