test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Running Out Of Bank + Inventory Space

Am fairly certain this has been mentioned before by other people, but never mind I'll point this out again.

Crazy people in the game (like me ;) ) who like to "collect game stuff" (and fill up their banks and inventories with equipment + devices + pets etc - especially with ever increasing new event rewards) are running out of Bank and Inventory space. And that INCLUDES when we have already unlocked ALL extra Bank and Inventory slots from the z-store.

I have a few suggestions:
NOTE: 1 or 2 of these suggestions other people may have already suggested in the past at some point - sorry if I end up giving them same suggestions, am not trying to steal your ideas or anything.

(1) Increase Bank and Inventory slots size-limit (if there are any problems with this idea, the option to increase them could remain a z-store payment only thing maybe)
(2) Create a new (preferably unlimited) PET inventory of some kind for all pets only. If including pet-Tribbles in this inventory is a problem, I suggest a new system of some sort where people manually feed them food items in order to get them to breed (rather than it happening automatically when they are in the bank / inventory with food items).
(3) Change/move all VANITY SHIELDS into their own separate unlocked list or something.
(4) Move or remove (just the icons) of various devices that activate in the inventory. If various devices in the inventory can be activated (without actually needing them to be slotted in any characters devices ability slots), then add more character device slots or create brand new character ability slots specifically for these. Or have them default unlocked for the skills-list or something (only after when that character has acquired them obviously). The following are some examples:

Delta Alliance Reinforcements
Nimbus Pirate Distress Call
Beacon Of Khaless
Phaser-Waveform Beacon
Fireworks
Data Recorder
Encoded Data Recorder
Azure Personal Comm Code
Personal Karemma Trader Comm Code
Borg Codex
Miser's Delight / Golden Knowledge
ALL Summer Risa gear (powerboards + floaters) + Winter gear?

Comments

• kcansur7kcansur7 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    I would also add that elite rep marks (Borg Neural Processor, etc.) should be removed from inventory and kept in the Assets tab like standard marks.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    My bank is at max with 336 and so is my Inventory at 210 I think that more than enough TBH. Just clear out the stuff you hoard that you don't or will ever use as you most prob can reclaim it again.

i.e. armor sets, ground pets
  • davetheultimatedavetheultimate Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »
    My bank is at max with 336 and so is my Inventory at 210 I think that more than enough TBH. Just clear out the stuff you hoard that you don't or will ever use as you most prob can reclaim it again.

i.e. armor sets, ground pets

But I don't want to clear out the stuff I hoard. I like collecting random useless junk I will never use! B)
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    I've wanted to see a special inventory we can put stuff like the summer and winter event items in, as well as the non-combat pets and similar for years now. Call it a toybox or something that would get items like that out of the main inventory but still let them be useable.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    My inventory on 30+ characters is mostly filled with kit modules to bypass bugs, glitches, and for random queuing other types that allow me to carry a whole team when I can. So this aspect of bugs and glitches with building all these up over time I've got thousands of items that don't really need to exist if they either fixed that content or allowed any character on the account to just pull an item when needed from the account bound items.

Although instead of fixing things right now they are more interested in asking people to report player behaviors that are unacceptable just to only punish people for reporting them now. However now with the franchise pumping out all this new content the problem is only going to get worse unless they fix the problem now with micromanagement and items bogging down the whole game.