test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

More TOS Episodes Please

paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User
Personally I wish we had more TOS missions, I love playing dress up with 23rd century uniforms and pretending to be characters of that time period even more so as a Non-Federation character.

e523096a2f4fbe3dea2038d671a0ede1.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    More TOS episodes definitely would be good, along with some natively T6 TOS aesthetic ships. Maybe we will be lucky and they have a TOS era featured episode or two to go with the AoY recruitment that is supposedly on its way later this year.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    Agreed, more TOS is always a good thing.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    YES.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • dragon#2626 dragon Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    Agreed. Original series was back when Star Trek was written by writers rather than Star Trek fans, as we're seen at least since Discovery took off, arguably since Enterprise.
    I swim through a sea of stars. . . .
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    Yes, please, and also bring back the TOS ones that were deleted! Saturday's Child, The Tribble With Klingons, the whole B'Vat storyline, etc., etc., etc. Such a shame to have lost so much of Leonard Nimoy's last voice-overs these mission removals! And the stories were fun!

• spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,247 Arc User
    While I'm certainly not against further TOS episodes if they can make their inclusion organic (rather it being "here's some TOS stuff for you, happy now!") either as recreation or timetravel (note that the AoY storyline is over it had a conclusion to it and there's no "after" there at best Cryptic could do is add missions between the start and finale).

A way I'd like to see thing (and it really works for any past time period not just TOS) is that our 25c captain comes across a ship that was reported lost in that time period (either just floating in space or crashed on a planet) and our "job" in the mission (or arc) is to piece together why that ship ended where it did, that way we could get a TOS story (or a small arc) without it seeming like it was forced there just to get a TOS stories into the game.
    edited May 2021
    spiritborn wrote: »
    While I'm certainly not against further TOS episodes if they can make their inclusion organic (rather it being "here's some TOS stuff for you, happy now!") either as recreation or timetravel (note that the AoY storyline is over it had a conclusion to it and there's no "after" there at best Cryptic could do is add missions between the start and finale).

A way I'd like to see thing (and it really works for any past time period not just TOS) is that our 25c captain comes across a ship that was reported lost in that time period (either just floating in space or crashed on a planet) and our "job" in the mission (or arc) is to piece together why that ship ended where it did, that way we could get a TOS story (or a small arc) without it seeming like it was forced there just to get a TOS stories into the game.

Since they have mentioned in almost all of the traditional Trek series (the TOS Enterprise even conducted one in Assignment: Earth) the fact that historians and other research using time travel is an ongoing thing it would be easy enough to have one of those research parties run into trouble and need a rescue, or someone to go find out what happened to them or whatnot (or even carry a researcher back on a routine mission that turns out to be anything but). The temporal cold war was never the only time game in town.
  • diocletian#7546 diocletian Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    Yes for sure!

A wish of mine would be to never leave the 23c and stay in the AoY starting environment. Use 23c ESD and fly on the map from AoY. AoY would be fully functional like the Delta Quadrant map. The 23c AoY map linked to the star system sub maps that exist in 25c map. Probably a lot of reasons it could not be done from a software standpoint. My TOS themed characters could then stay in 23c.

But more TOS missions would be great!

At least I have K-13 and with that and my TOS ship, I can imagine my TOS main character is still the 23c.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    I wouldn't get your hopes up, I doubt the devs want to put that kind of effort into Discovery Online, but one day you may be able to make a temporal recruit in one of their nonstop events!
  • mikecobalt#1974 mikecobalt Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    :) Yes, very good.
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    TOS or anything from TMP to STVI

TOS era would be best, TNG aesthetics were based on the movie era so it would not be different enough to notice outside of the uniforms on the NPCs.
  • banditse1977#1368 banditse1977 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    Yes for sure!

A wish of mine would be to never leave the 23c and stay in the AoY starting environment. Use 23c ESD and fly on the map from AoY. AoY would be fully functional like the Delta Quadrant map. The 23c AoY map linked to the star system sub maps that exist in 25c map. Probably a lot of reasons it could not be done from a software standpoint. My TOS themed characters could then stay in 23c.

But more TOS missions would be great!

At least I have K-13 and with that and my TOS ship, I can imagine my TOS main character is still the 23c.

They could also use K-13 for Starbase 39,and include the Drozana station so we would have a few stations to visit.

Also some Deep Space Encounters with Klingons,Romulans and Gorn,as well as a few TOS themed patrols.

Oh,does anyone know why the T1 Constituion isn't in the TOS ESD shipyard?Weird that it is in the main game one but not the TOS one.

• jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    I can dig more TOS content.
    I've always had a soft spot for that general retro sci-fi look and feel, so TOS checks that box for me.
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    Oh,does anyone know why the T1 Constituion isn't in the TOS ESD shipyard?Weird that it is in the main game one but not the TOS one.

Hmm. It was for me. You do have to buy the TOS pack in the C-Store to get it, but then it is available. I swiched to it in 23c ESD on my AoY agent, and never looked back.
  • eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    There is so many Trek stories that can be followed up from each Era. So, I wholeheartedly agree. We don't need a Galaxy-spanning threat, sometimes JoeSmoe from JoeSmoe IV of the JoeSmoe System needs help.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    /agree :)

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • mikecobalt#1974 mikecobalt Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    eldarion79 wrote: »
    There is so many Trek stories that can be followed up from each Era. So, I wholeheartedly agree. We don't need a Galaxy-spanning threat, sometimes JoeSmoe from JoeSmoe IV of the JoeSmoe System needs help.

:) The vast majority of "Star Trek" episodes of all franchises.

• smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    eldarion79 wrote: »

That's most of the films....

dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • banditse1977#1368 banditse1977 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    vorwoda wrote: »

Hmm. It was for me. You do have to buy the TOS pack in the C-Store to get it, but then it is available. I swiched to it in 23c ESD on my AoY agent, and never looked back.

I am going to do that as some stage so I can have it there.
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    Don't make me Google the name, but I do love that time travel episode...through the Dividian portal and then you're back in time. I LOVE TOS sound effects, tech and the joy of it. I'd choose that over holograms and contrived storylines ANY day.
    kayajay wrote: »
    Don't make me Google the name, but I do love that time travel episode...through the Dividian portal and then you're back in time. I LOVE TOS sound effects, tech and the joy of it. I'd choose that over holograms and contrived storylines ANY day.

That one is called Spectres, it is one of my favorite episodes too.
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User

Exactly this picture was taken from the Spectres arc, Mission is called "Everything Old Is New" Tovan is really rocking that 23rd helmet and Rirel is my favorite BOFF because she is currently the only Romulan BOFF I know that is capable of wearing a Klingon eyepatch, I like to think of her as my tactical cyclops.
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    You know there were lots of fantastic TOS episodes in the Foundry. A wonderful feature which freed up Cryptic from requests like this...

But, oh wait. They neglected it for so long, they eventually couldn't remember how to fix their own tech.

Almost sounds like the making of a TOS episode....
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator

Exactly this picture was taken from the Spectres arc, Mission is called "Everything Old Is New" Tovan is really rocking that 23rd helmet and Rirel is my favorite BOFF because she is currently the only Romulan BOFF I know that is capable of wearing a Klingon eyepatch, I like to think of her as my tactical cyclops.

Actually I believe kayajay was referring to the mission where you chase Ambassador B'vat back in time and rescue Miral Paris. Currently unavailable and set for revamp though.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

Actually I believe kayajay was referring to the mission where you chase Ambassador B'vat back in time and rescue Miral Paris. Currently unavailable and set for revamp though.

No, I did mean Spectres. Those episodes were just so well crafted and gave you so much to do! The medication formula, the scans and I absolutely love the 60's tech. I use the original TOS Enterprise bridge on my current ship and they're just so much cooler, camp and fun than the new ones.

You also had the one in the bar with Scotty and the sweet and sour drink and it was better than just shoot 'em ups that happen when you're in the middle of doing a scan, closing a rift, shutting something down...you know, you start, that triggers the wave and you have to fight off like three waves before you can finish something, etc.

The reasonably recent arc of temporal ships that could have the 60's look, were terrific. I had such fun flying them and then the Salt Monsters...

If TOS were used, that's half the work done. I personally enjoy puzzles and conundrums, real tasks that you get wrong and maybe even have to sneakily Google a walkthrough if you get super stuck on your 14th try, but tiresome storylines, characters that are thought to be clever and interesting, massive cut-scenes and total dissatisfaction when you're finished...
This discussion has been closed.