test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game stop loading at character screen

Game stop loading at character screen since last patch. Yesterday everything works fine.

Now a black screen with a little black popup in the middle of the screen...

Hope you can solve this

Greetings Linda

Comments

• garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
  • shewolf89shewolf89 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    linmea wrote: »
    Game stop loading at character screen since last patch. Yesterday everything works fine.

Now a black screen with a little black popup in the middle of the screen...

Hope you can solve this

Greetings Linda

I'm having the same issue and I tried the above solution which did not work. Eagerly awaiting a legitimate solution
  • linmealinmea Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    garaks31 wrote: »
    uninstall ,graphic driver ,and make a clean instalation!

Thank you for your input but this don't work. It's last year after every big patch.

At House Reborn I did a full install and graphic driver update and after all it was solved by Cryptic.

Unfortunately it looks like it's the 'year of the loading problems' for some people :(

• linmealinmea Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Update issue:

I clicked with the mouse on the spot where the character selection should be and the game loaded one of my chars.

Now I have a black background with the house united logo in the middle.
    I have the minimap with all buttons but not working on a click.

I have a powers bar with icons
    I have a chat bar with icons
    I have a personal character bar
    I have a progression bar
    I have a active mission bar

all bars are not reacting on any mouse click.
    It always happens at new season updates and we miss out on TFO events so we can't complete them, we lose access to all the stuff we recently purchased with zero compensation or reimbursement every time.
  • xividaxxividax Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    linmea wrote: »
    garaks31 wrote: »
    uninstall ,graphic driver ,and make a clean instalation!

Thank you for your input but this don't work. It's last year after every big patch.

At House Reborn I did a full install and graphic driver update and after all it was solved by Cryptic.

Unfortunately it looks like it's the 'year of the loading problems' for some people :(

Yes, this old bug has appeared again for me as well. Similar as the last TWO times this happened, right after a patch with an event.
    Game does not load, freezes at the start of the character screen animation, right before the graphics begin- black screen with frozen loading circle icon.

The last TWO times this bug appeared it took roughly 1 month to fix the first time and ~3 weeks to fix the second time. Myself, and others lost a tremendous amount of game progression, dilithium, etc., and personal time TRIBBLE with futile attempts to resolve a bug that is obviously on Cryptics end. Worse, Cryptic hardly even acknowledged the problem, and gave zero information about anything that could be causing/contributing to the bug.

From my past experienceS with dealing with this bug, it is likely Cryptic will ignore the players for weeks while the bug persists, and we are locked out of the game. If we do not get some action, or communication from Cryptic ASAP, I implore other players to avoid trying to deal with Cryptic, and contact their superiors at Perfect World instead, if we want to get back to STO gaming in less than several weeks.

• jorgeluizjf#3138 jorgeluizjf Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    The game stops loading on the character's screen since the last patch. Yesterday everything works fine.
    Now a black screen with a small black pop-up in the middle of the screen ...
    I'm also having this problem :(
  • daviesdaviesdaviesdavies Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    so no workaround this time? Tried everything I could find that is out there...
    Mzd8i1c.gif
  • minidariminidari Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    some gfx thingies are poopoo, not sure what and why. I managed to log in , but everything is dark and sometime can see option button, but can not adjust anything. I can not remember if there is some preference file or something I can download or copy/paste in wordpad , and then manualy adjust it, or it was another game...
    Mzd8i1c.gif
  • xividaxxividax Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    minidari wrote: »
    ghHxilp.png

While doing a ctl+alt+del to get into task manager, I noticed some odd graphics artifacts appeared on my screen. So I started clicking on the black game screen, and wiggling the mouse, and I saw more artifacts appear, then I got bored after a minute or so of making weird colors appear on my screen, and stopped. Then after another minute, I saw the game appear out of the blackness of my screen! I was logged into my character, and apparently some of the random screen clicks I made actually registered, and I had several game menus opened (zen store, skills window, inventory...) but nothing I clicked on in game would register. Anyways, my screen looked similar to the pic you posted, but I have been unable to duplicate it.

Probably best not to click on the black screen, as someone might accidentally click something bad, like a zen purchase, or skill reset, so others be warned before clicking in the black screen while the loading appears frozen.
    I wasted days trying to find a solution, I thought it was related to some of the old issues and bugs

But it is not

I think the reason we all have this, is because the game is now fixed at a higher "default setting" than before

I can only use the B, C and F words to describe the people made that happen without telling us.

The workaround I found is that we need to add another or a new video card

I never use (gaming) videocard ( even I have some laying around)

because I don't want to waste too much electricity

apperantly Perfect world disagrees

every time I lower the video setting

the game will just reset it to the higher "default setting"

everytime I rebuild my PC back to less powerconsumption

the game will reset to "default " and give me a blackscreen

so there it is, adds a new videocard with more carbon footings

or do something else.

Time to pull the plug

bye
    Mzd8i1c.gif
  • rikersbeard#5268 rikersbeard Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    blackscreen... tried quite a few things... seeing other peeps having the same issue. any ideas?
  • minidariminidari Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    blackscreen... tried quite a few things... seeing other peeps having the same issue. any ideas?
    Admins have other priorities. Black screen somewhere at the end of the list
    minidari wrote: »
    Admins have other priorities. Black screen somewhere at the end of the list

Cryptic always have other priorities, yet again we the effected will lose out on the event completion and therefore the progression towards bigger campaign. We will be told to use buyout tokens meaning we get unfairly penalized for their mistakes and made to pay more than our peers to get the same game content. This game has become a lost cause and I'm ashamed at how far the service provided has degenerated.
    still no updates on fixing this, not even an acknowledgement of the issue in patchnotes.
  • motito78motito78 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    Nothing yet... please fix this as only can login disabling gfx drivers and cant help in the tfo for the event points and everything have to be made by my teammates bacause of the 0-1 FPS that this workaround gives.
  • kranfordtbutcherkranfordtbutcher Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    Yeah I've been hit with this bug too. Wicked ripping shame, all things considered. Crazy part is I'm not even an ARC user. Tried all the other solutions here, only to turn up bupkiss. As it stands I've pretty much written off any possibility of doing any bit of this particular grind run.