test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unannounced Patch

My game is currently undergoing a huge patch which I do not see any prior notice given; why is this happening all of a sudden?

Its been an hour since and files must be huge as percentage barely got close to 5%; the server light is green, I'm not allowed to skip this patch

I do not have the rest of the evening to wait, I have work tomorrow morning and I'm losing progress here

Is this happening to everybody or just me alone? ARC better have an explanation

Comments

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    This is a pre-patch. It is done before a new content dump happens which is soon. Nothing to be concerned about. You can close the window instead of letting it patch.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • chrisccw315#4958 chrisccw315 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    It took 6 hours to finished the patch and for the next 2 days the launcher still think it hasnt and tried to patch again before deciding it had done so... the latter has been consistent start up since last couple patches
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    As mentioned, this is a pre-patch. It does this every time you close the game down. The launcher will restart after you close the game and check to see if you have the pre-patch. When it sees you do, it closes.

This is normal.

I believe it is to help take the strain off the servers when the patch goes Live so that not every player is trying to download the huge update all at once.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.